PDA

View Full Version : T And T Honda: Thumbs Up

em2ab
09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I found a tiny pinhole of rust peeking through my trunk paint so I brought it by there and a fella named Mark wrote it all up for me, made an appointment at Contemporary Coachworks, got me a loaner car from them and had everything handled with no headaches. The entire trunk was repainted, even a portion of it that was there when I bought the car, looked like a bike rack install gone wrong. I even bargained to remove the H and paint the moulding for $200. :thumbsup:

Fast forward to last weekend.

I brought my car in for an oil change and CEL code check because I could see the MAINT REQD light on the gauge. They didn't have a tech on the weekends to pull the code so they just changed the oil and it was it, pretty fast too. Then I take a walk around before leaving with the car and see there are tiny scratches on the trunk I got painted 3 weeks earlier. I talked to a service manager named Chris, he set everything up to have one of his guys buff up the trunk without question. :thumbsup:

Fast forward to yesterday.

I took it back again to have the trunk buffed and the CEL code pulled, the woman tells me it's the MAINT REQD light, that just comes on at 60,000 kilometres, they should have reset it for me with the oil change since it means nothing. There's a separate engine light when codes are thrown. I felt like a bit of a fool but how was I to know? :dunno: And I guess they should have reset it for me last weekend but it happens. And I had to get it buffed anyway. When I got the car back, all scratches are gone even though there's still a grimy covering on the trunk from the polish. It'll wipe off though. :thumbsup:

Fast forward to today.

Ever since I picked up the car from the polish, my Compustar's been fucked. It's not receiving pages from the car, not showing if it's locked/unlocked and there's a fresh crack in the LCD from the dealership. So I brought it by there after work to ask Chris what he wants to do about it, right away he says he'll have a guy get me a new unit and program it for me. The guy opens a brand new box, pulls out a blue (with I could keep the white..... :( ) pager and goes outside, sets off my alarm and shows me how to use the key to disable the siren and also to program the remote for when my batteries die. :thumbsup:

They fucked up a few things but never hesitated to make it right and now things are better than when I started. I liked the white pager more and it has a turbo timer (I'll probably never need) but this blue one seems good and is from the newest units. Thanks T And T!