PDA

View Full Version : Need your help, Accident on Glenmore this morning(sept 26)

tm88
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
K so,
This morning my gf was on her way to get her car detailed and ended up rear ending someone on glenmore around 10:00am heading eastbound just before 14th st.
Problem is she was so pisses she just gave the insurance info over and didnt get any in return.
She cannot have this go through her insurance. Basically I am trying to find out if anyone knows of this guy.

1985-1989
Buick or Pontiac
Grey In color
Driver was about 30
He said he is a mechanic

Please if anyone knows who this guy is have him call me at 403 993 9370 as we would like to settle this prior to using insurance.

prae
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
well, since the damage is likely over $1200 and he has her insurance info it is probably too late already.

Most of the good body shops require a damage sticker before they start work over $1200. (meaning a police report, and then your insurance knows about it when they pull your record).

edit: adam c and others corrected me, it is $1000 not $1200. Apologies.

prae
09-26-2008, 10:29 AM
I should say, sorry to hear about your gf. Accidents suck and it has got to be 100 times worse when you are at fault. Hope it works out!

Eleanor
09-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Why can't it go through insurance? Is this a common problem? Then maybe it should go through insurance. Just sayin' :dunno:

dj_rice
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Why can't it go through insurance? Is this a common problem? Then maybe it should go through insurance. Just sayin' :dunno:

Going through insurance will raise her premiums and rates prolli is my guess unless u were being sarcastic but....the OP is SOL, your gf gave all her info and took none of his? *facepalm* This is why women shouldn't drive

InLoveWitRSX
09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
claim a hit and run or something

tm88
09-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Cory you dumbass haha.

It is not her car we are worried about it is the guys old buick. The damage is less than 1200 she says. It is only a bumper (rear) on a old car like that i cant see it being more than 1200 with paint.

The big problem is she was in a accident 2 months ago and her parents that she still lives with lossst it. I am no worried about her car as we can have it fixed today but we need to get ahold of this guy.....
cmon beyond CSI help us out.

QuasarCav
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by tm88
Cory you dumbass haha.

It is not her car we are worried about it is the guys old buick. The damage is less than 1200 she says. It is only a bumper (rear) on a old car like that i cant see it being more than 1200 with paint.

The big problem is she was in a accident 2 months ago and her parents that she still lives with lossst it. I am no worried about her car as we can have it fixed today but we need to get ahold of this guy.....

FYI

I had someone enter my lane and scuff my bumper in March. The total damaged area was no bigger than the palm of your hand and it was only the surface that was damaged.

The body shop invoiced for over 1250.

Zero102
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
She should have been smarter at the crash. Sometimes once the other guy calls your insurance company you can contact them and offer to pay out of pocket. If they don't pay out your premiums don't go up, but this only works with a couple of companies.

Long story short, she needs to learn how to drive if she doesn't want to pay more for insurance. If she really crashes this often, please do us all a favor and get her off the roads. I've been rear-ended while sitting in stopped traffic too many times to have any sympathy at all for these idiots.

dj_rice
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
First off, shes been in 2 accidents, 1 where she gave the other person all the info and didnt take any herself, do you really trust her $1200 estimate??Maybe the cars written off since its so old....DUN DUN DUN

2EFNFAST
09-26-2008, 11:10 AM
How much you want to bet she was either

-tailgaiting
-putting on her make-up
-texting/talking on cellphone

or, more than likely, a combination of the above :thumbsdow

ninefourfour
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Just call your insurance company and tell them that you would like to pay for the damages rather than going through insurance. Once the other company calls you can make the decision if you want to pay or go through them.

tm88
09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
No need for a bunch of people being prics about it. Being in 2 accidents has nothing to do with your ability to estimate damge.
Also, she was watching her gps and someone way ahead slammed the brakes causing a chain reaction. Unfortunatly she was to slow lol.

Eleanor
09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
^ THE COMPUTER MADE ME DO IT! :rofl:

But seriously, sorry but weasiling (sp?) your way out of it won't work in this case.

2EFNFAST
09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
No need for a bunch of people being prics about it. Being in 2 accidents has nothing to do with your ability to estimate damge.
Also, she was watching her gps and someone way ahead slammed the brakes causing a chain reaction. Unfortunatly she was to slow lol.

So basically she wasn't paying attention to the road and is a fvcking piss poor driver. :thumbsdow

adam c
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
fyi its damage over 1000 where you need a damage sticker, not 1200

em2ab
09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I got a few little scuffs on my car's rear bumper from getting rear ended in a driveway......girl gave me all her insurance information and never requested any of mine.....:rolleyes: So I got a quote from Contemporary Coachworks Tuesday morning to simply pull the bumper, prep/prime/paint it and reinstall it, the cost is $1200.

403Gemini
09-26-2008, 01:13 PM
What she can do is call her insurance company, provide her policy # to see if a claim has been started (She will be contacted if one is started anyways). When this happens (if it happens) then ask for the guys information - as said before, over $1000 damage he will NEED to fill out a police report by law or the shop CANNOT work on it.

With the police report you can get the guys phone number and information and ask him if he is willing to deal with this outside of insurance.

CUG
09-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Ahhhh the old accordion blitz... One of my favorite plays in traffic football.

lint
09-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Isn't the threshold $1000, not $1200? I slid into a coworkers car in the spring in our parking lot while pulling into a parking spot going no more than 5kph. Put a crack into the bumper cover about the size of the palm of my hand. It ended up costing just over $1K to fix and replace. Pretty easy to go over $1K in damages

sputnik
09-26-2008, 02:05 PM
K so,
This morning my gf was on her way to get her car detailed and ended up rear ending someone on glenmore around 10:00am heading eastbound just before 14th st.
Problem is she was so pisses she just gave the insurance info over and didnt get any in return.
She cannot have this go through her insurance. Basically I am trying to find out if anyone knows of this guy.

1985-1989
Buick or Pontiac
Grey In color
Driver was about 30
He said he is a mechanic

Please if anyone knows who this guy is have him call me at 403 993 9370 as we would like to settle this prior to using insurance.

If she rear ended the guy it is pretty much useless to have his insurance.

She will be 100% at fault.

Mibz
09-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Tell her to pay her own godamn insurance, then maybe her parents wouldn't freak out when she jacked it up.

prae
09-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by adam c
fyi its damage over 1000 where you need a damage sticker, not 1200

thanks for clearing it up adam. I wasnt sure, but $1000 makes WAY more sense as it is a nice even value.

em2ab
09-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by prae

thanks for clearing it up adam. I wasnt sure, but $1000 makes WAY more sense as it is a nice even value.

It is $1000, I called the cops and asked them last weekend.

Kennyredline
09-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Cory you dumbass haha.

Is ur g/f asian?