PDA

View Full Version : New Mango Shiva(across from Flames Central)

DJ_NAV
09-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Went there last night. Here are some comments.

-Amazing ambience, good beats in the background, nicely dimmed lights with candles on table providing additional light. Open kitchen and the bathroom are awesome too

-Good food, tasty but not full of flavour(which Indian food is known for).

-Pricier than regular Indian restaurants, and much smaller servings. I had two entrees myself and they were $22 each. In a regular Indian restaurant usually one entree would be enough for two people. Ofcourse you would have to order naan/rice on the side regardless.

-Limited menu.. about 10 appetizers, and maybe about 8 entrees. About 5-6 beers on tap and maybe 10 wines listed on the wine menu. Didn't check out the dessert menu.

-AWESOME SERVICE! Waitress came just when we wanted to her to come to take order, give us drinks, take away plates etc. Also the food was probably served in less than 10 mins!(usually Indian restaurants take at least 30 mins, on busy evenings they take up to 45-50 minutes). I think they can cook the food faster at Mango Shiva because of the small menu.

-OVERALL: Good atmosphere, good food. Wouldn't go there if wanted to go out for Indian food, but would go there to lounge, talk with friends etc.

Ratings:
Food: 7.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Ambience/Location : 9/10
Value : 5/10

OVERALL: 8/10.

yobi5888
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Do you know if they have lunch buffet, they used to at the old location?

Thanks

Gainsbarre
09-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by yobi5888
Do you know if they have lunch buffet, they used to at the old location?

Thanks

Went there for lunch a few days ago. There wasn't a buffet anywhere in sight. Didn't bother asking about it though.

And I will agree with the portions being WAY too small. Food was good, service was decent, but poor value (e.g. 4-5 small pieces of butter chicken for $17). Among the five of us there we ate at least 12 entrees (couldn't keep count). I was still hungry afterwards (all 178cm/60kg of me) and headed over the the Copper Chimney in Gulf Canada, which of course, was closed at 1:30pm (I wish they'd be open more often). To be fair though, the butter chicken at Mango Shiva was of a higher quality than the food court fare.

DJ_NAV
09-26-2008, 03:10 PM
No lunch buffet. I guess they can serve you the entrees in 10 mins, so you can still get the meal done in your lunch hour.