PDA

View Full Version : what.... the.... fuck.... god damn americans

The Cosworth
09-26-2008, 10:33 PM
What they cant stand a British commercial? Why did they have to re-make it with american accents. It isn't like the original isn't in english

9B2_LEoEb2A

67VkhKKjodc&NR=1

starting to REALLY piss me off how intolerant things seem down south of the 49th to ANYTHING that isn't American.

badatusrnames
09-26-2008, 10:36 PM
I've seen that done with a few commercials. They'll run the original British one on Canadian TV and I'll see the same one on an American broadcast with brutal dubbing over with American accents.

It's a funny cultural thing to think that Canadian's are fine with British accents, while American audiences will likely be averse to a "foreign" accent.

Boat
09-26-2008, 10:41 PM
hahaha i hate it how some tv shows close caption what someone is saying if their English is slightly off.

ZorroAMG
09-26-2008, 10:45 PM
It's played with the original british accent on my tv....must be your american tv...is it a ford?

:rofl:

Hakkola
09-26-2008, 10:46 PM
THose antiperspirant commercials look dubbed, the one with the hot chick and the dude who wants his shirt washed after a run and she's all like, "Andrew, this shirt is clean," and also I'm drunk.

Eleanor
09-26-2008, 10:48 PM
:rofl: I've never realized it before, but I've seen both versions of the commercial, and never noticed a difference, haha.

I agree with Boat too, I've seen BRITISH people speaking with CC's :banghead:

That being said, apparentely cockney rhyming slang is apparently English too :nut:

em2ab
09-26-2008, 11:42 PM
I hate when I see a Newfie from back home on the news and they give him subtitles.....the guy's Canadian!

But ya, I know what you mean about that commercial with Andrew and the d\eoderant, really annoying!

Mibz
09-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
THose antiperspirant commercials look dubbed, the one with the hot chick and the dude who wants his shirt washed after a run and she's all like, "Andrew, this shirt is clean," and also I'm drunk. I was going to bring this up but you beat me to it.

"Andrew, it's dry and it doesn't even smell bad!"
Meanwhile her lips said something closer to "Hey".

Crymson
09-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Boat
hahaha i hate it how some tv shows close caption what someone is saying if their English is slightly off.

Oldie, but goodie.

bVCvthr95io

rmk
09-27-2008, 08:14 AM
^ Gold

The Cosworth
09-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
It's played with the original british accent on my tv....must be your american tv...is it a ford?

I saw it when I was watching the presidential debate yesterday actually.

made me sad, being British especially.

Originally posted by Crymson

Oldie, but goodie.

bVCvthr95io

good post :thumbsup:

dino_martini
09-27-2008, 09:42 AM
hate that commercial

Godfuader
09-27-2008, 09:49 AM

Oldie, but goodie.

bVCvthr95io

HAHA! :rofl:

bball2
09-27-2008, 11:19 AM

Oldie, but goodie.

bVCvthr95io

DannyO
09-27-2008, 12:34 PM

Oldie, but goodie.

bVCvthr95io

:rofl: :rofl:

LMAO @ Teletext

powerslave
09-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DannyO

LMAO @ Teletext

Dude Teletext was the shit back when I used it in the early/mid 90s (this was back in Europe). It was like the intranets on your TV.

CUG
09-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
What they cant stand a British commercial? Why did they have to re-make it with american accents. It isn't like the original isn't in english

starting to REALLY piss me off how intolerant things seem down south of the 49th to ANYTHING that isn't American.

Shoppers on Southland has a SICK deal on Tissues... $.49 a box, limit of 10 per customer.
People are just as intolerant here, they're just in the closet about it

Edit:

Did you seriously title this thread like that because of some over-dubs in a commercial? I know it's cool to hate Americans... but this seems a bit try-hard dude.

88jbody
09-28-2008, 02:09 PM

Oldie, but goodie.

bVCvthr95io

OMFG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DJ Lazy
09-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Oldie, but goodie.

bVCvthr95io

LMAO :rofl: :rofl: Great post.. never seen it before!

The Cosworth
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CUG

Shoppers on Southland has a SICK deal on Tissues... $.49 a box, limit of 10 per customer.
People are just as intolerant here, they're just in the closet about it

Edit:

Did you seriously title this thread like that because of some over-dubs in a commercial? I know it's cool to hate Americans... but this seems a bit try-hard dude.

Want to pick up a box for me when your down there? Sounds like you need one too.

spikerS
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

That being said, apparentely cockney rhyming slang is apparently English too :nut:

jesus christ, I had a co-worker who would fucking talk in that lingo and no one could fucking understand him. I kept threatening to ball punch him, so he started yelling it from across the warehouse.

I don't care who you are, if they are talking in cockney rhyming slang, you need a full time translator.

DannyO
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by powerslave

Dude Teletext was the shit back when I used it in the early/mid 90s (this was back in Europe). It was like the intranets on your TV.

Oh I fully agree, teletext was the shit, I remember spending quite some time on it, but that was due to waiting for it to cycle and grab the info I wanted, it was impressive for its time, now its just funny to think of.

iceburns288
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
Fuckin' limey.

Rocky
09-28-2008, 11:14 PM
I didn't fight a goddamn war of independence to hear those limey bastards and their stupid frilly accents!

Or so I'm sure the argument goes.

88jbody
09-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
I didn't fight a goddamn war of independence to hear those limey bastards and their stupid frilly accents!

Or so I'm sure the argument goes.
:clap: