PDA

View Full Version : Working for the Government

max_boost
09-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Anyone here work for the government? If so, how difficult was it to land your position? Is the procedure much different than applying at any other job? Any major perks?

Reason is I'm looking to find a job with Human Resources Canada next year and want some insight into the work life etc.

Shaolin
09-15-2003, 04:13 PM
are you in school right now? you can probably get an internship through your school without any problems.. or apply for their internships when posted.. I know the city of calgary does that with their internship program, I would assume the goverment would be like that as well..

TrevorK
09-16-2003, 12:11 PM
I worked for West. Econ. Diversification.

It's hard to land a nice job there - because there are so few that are open to the public, and so many people that want them.

Best bet is to try to get on Temp. (They don't have to advertise positions that are contract position) and then go full time from there.

Altezza
09-16-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Anyone here work for the government? If so, how difficult was it to land your position? Is the procedure much different than applying at any other job? Any major perks?

Reason is I'm looking to find a job with Human Resources Canada next year and want some insight into the work life etc.

A friend of mine works in the Parliament building in Ottawa. She said she had to go thru psyc evaluations and such. Knowing that you're such a crazy mofo, you'll never get in. :rofl: JK haha, then again, our gov't is full of crazy people...

Weapon_R
09-16-2003, 01:54 PM
I worked with Immigration in Calgary. It's not hard to get a job, the hardest part is getting an interview. The job was super slack, you work a sweet 9-4 schedule, and the perks are all there.

BigMass
09-16-2003, 02:22 PM
getting in is the hard part. After that you're set for life. You can sit on your ass all day and come to work drunk and they can't fire you (they'll make you go to AA or something). It's the best job security ever.

max_boost
09-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Hopefully everything works out and I can land a job with the government. Any sort of full time job to supplement my current income would be freaking sweet :D

I might be driving an SL if things work out next year :D

kaput
09-16-2003, 05:03 PM

2.2vtec
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by kaput
WTF seriously where do you get this kind of mad cash from?? I thought you were a student!!

His parents must pay him extra for working in their restaurent can't see any other way. Wish I had rich parents!

ecstasy_civic
09-19-2003, 02:05 PM
No shit, I wish I got shit from my rich parents.:(

sexualbanana
09-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by kaput
WTF seriously where do you get this kind of mad cash from??

redlyne mr2 says he gives the best head money can buy. :rofl: j/k

max_boost
09-20-2003, 10:09 PM
The problem with success is that not many people see the hard work and sacrifices one has to endure over the years to make living a better life possible.

The SL is just a joke. For those who know me, they can attest that I was not given everything I have. It is a typical notion that most people have for young individuals with certain materialistic possessions.

Redlyne_mr2
09-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

redlyne mr2 says he gives the best head money can buy. :rofl: j/k
You little fucker:rofl: ...hope things work out for you Sam my dad always joked that if I ever worked for the government Id no longer be his son..so much for being prime minister