PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot accidents are so bloody disgusting

2EFNFAST
09-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Just make you want to :banghead:

Sitting outside waiting for gf, beautiful blue e92 m3 infront of me; m3 drives away and get tagged pretty good by a female, in a minivan, with what looked like atleast 5 or 6 kids in it.

I'm sure she was paying a lot of attention to the road, and not at all distracted by her bundles of joy :rolleyes:

On the positive side I served as a witness for the m3 to make certain he doesn't get screwed - had something similar happen where I was parked in a spot, got creamed in the sideof the car by a lady who claimed she would take care of everything, then 2 days later I get a call from her husband saying I owe her $2000 for damages because I was doing donuts in the lot and hit her :thumbsdow

sillysod
09-29-2008, 05:38 PM
parking lot always = 50/50 fault :thumbsdow

Speed_69
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
WRONG :thumbsdow

2EFNFAST
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM

Myth.

Both me and my dad know from personel experiences, "oddly" enough both involving women :thumbsdow

acura_el
09-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Was it Helen Keller?

rc2002
09-29-2008, 06:11 PM
People need to man up and take responsibility. I was in a parking lot accident and the other guy was at fault - he ended up paying for everything.

Good to hear you stuck around as a witness.

adam c
09-29-2008, 06:14 PM

couldn't be further from the truth

i had a guy back into me when i was in a stopped position in the driving lane

his fault 100%

Graham_A_M
09-29-2008, 06:16 PM

Silly Sod, you're so silly :confused:

rmk
09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Good on your for sticking around! :thumbsup:

A few years ago I was going down Elbow Dr. towards Glenmore when a pedestrian walked out into the road suddenly... I breaked and a young kid in his dads intrepid rear ended me and wrote his pops car off. The kid calls his dad and the dad gets to the scene and tried to get all witnesses to leave. Fucking scumbag. Luckily, they stayed and talked to the little traffic cop.

A790
09-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
I'm sure she was paying a lot of attention to the road, and not at all distracted by her bundles of joy :rolleyes:

Man, I know you stuck around and did the right thing, but your attitude is so pathetic it's not even funny. Seriously, I'm sure the girl in the minivan completely meant to hit the BMW as I am positive that's how she wanted to spend her day.

They're called accidents for a reason, and while I think it's great that you stuck around to witnessed it, I also think it's pretty pathetic how you look down on everything.

adam c
09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by A790

They're called accidents for a reason

i dunno... i think a lot of the "accidents" are just people to dumb to drive and therefore shouldn't be called accidents but should be called

"fuck someone to dumb to drive just crashed into someone else"

but accidents is easier to say or car crashes

2EFNFAST
09-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Man, I know you stuck around and did the right thing, but your attitude is so pathetic it's not even funny. Seriously, I'm sure the girl in the minivan completely meant to hit the BMW as I am positive that's how she wanted to spend her day.

They're called accidents for a reason, and while I think it's great that you stuck around to witnessed it, I also think it's pretty pathetic how you look down on everything.

Hit was in the rear quarter panel area, near the trunk. One second I see the M3 driving forward, next second it's practically shoved to the left and a minivan poking WELL out of the spot (i.e., minivan backed out into him).

It was easily a combination of (1) not checking her mirror and (2) her flooring it when she backed out.

If she had been coming out slowly and gently tagged him, yea, sure, I could see being more sympathetic, but she nailed him because she wasn't paying attention and came flying out of the parking spot.

badatusrnames
09-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Someone repeats this in every thread about parking lot accidents...

badatusrnames
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
They're called accidents for a reason.

Lol I remember in AMA driving school they taught us that they are called collisions, not accidents.

Accidents are not preventable, collisions are.

99% of all automobile "road incidents" are preventable and are thus termed collisions.

Sound like this incident was entirely preventable if Miss Minivan was paying attention and driving safely.

Stealth22
09-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Lol I remember in AMA driving school they taught us that they are called collisions, not accidents.

Accidents are not preventable, collisions are.

99% of all automobile "road incidents" are preventable and are thus termed collisions.

Sound like this incident was entirely preventable if Miss Minivan was paying attention and driving safely.

:werd:

End of Thread

JRSC00LUDE
09-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Myth.

Both me and my dad know from personel experiences, "oddly" enough both involving women :thumbsdow

Perhaps you and the old man should stop hiring women. :dunno: