PDA

View Full Version : how to prepare for a managers position interview?

l/l/rX
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM
This is going to be my first managers position interview this thursday @ Fido. What kind of questions do you think they'll throw at me? What kind of responsibilities are there?

I really dont know what to expect as i've never had an interview for a managers position before. any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Isaiah
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Other than the regular interview questions that you should obviously be prepared for such as those found here:

http://www.collegegrad.com/jobsearch/mastering-the-interview/ten-tough-interview-questions-and-ten-great-answers/

You should also prepare for some right out of left field: "If we were to ask your family and friends what it is about you that just drives them up the wall, what would they say?"

"If you got home and found your girlfriend/wife on fire, what you you do?"

"If you were interviewing someone for a manager's position, what would you ask them?"

Isaiah
09-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh, and forgot to mention, make sure you self promote within the context of your answers. In other words, when they ask what would make you ideal for the position, make sure you mention past accomplishments or accolades that have prepared you for the job you're applying for or that you will apply once hired. Have actual tangible numbers and statistics that you can refer to and provide them with to substantiate your comments.

"Why do you think you'd make a good manager at Fido?"

"As a sales representative, I have increased my store's activation ratio by __, while over the past two months I have been among the top __ performers sales across western Canada. I feel that based on my performance, I could coach my sales team with the strategies to become the #1 store in our region."

l/l/rX
09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
wow...great! thank you for your awesome replies!!! cheers!