PDA

View Full Version : Airbus 380 Virtual Tour

89coupe
09-30-2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.bziegler.com/posts/2008/09/qtvr_quantas/tour/

Canmorite
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Holy different classes. Business looks sick.

Tik-Tok
09-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Christ I love modern flight decks. So clean.

ExtraSlow
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
just got back from scotland, flew on BA 777's both ways and they have four different classes as well. Didn't get a look at First class, but the rest of them looked abut as nice as this. I got bumped economy "plus" for one leg, and it was pretty decent.

Crymson
09-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I flew from La to Singapore on one of Singapore airlines "all business class" A340-500's. That's was a badass experience, watched ironman, speed race and indiana jones on the on board entertainment system in August. Don't know how they managed that.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/promo/A345/A345.jsp

I'm spoiled now!

ExtraSlow
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Nice, what's that cost?

Crymson
09-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Return trip to Jakarta was 9,400$ - company pays, i get airmiles.

Xtrema
09-30-2008, 02:10 PM
How's that work? You need 1 lefty and 1 righty pilot to fly this?

Crymson
09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

HA! no doubt. I assume these are all fly-by-wire eh?

Gainsbarre
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM

Ya...with the three jump seats in the flight deck I thought for a moment that the middle chair might be for a flight engineer (third crew memember) -- but then remembered that it's an Airbus (and therefore highly automated now).

adidas
09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
The economy class looks like a business class in some planes!

Xtrema
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre

Ya...with the three jump seats in the flight deck I thought for a moment that the middle chair might be for a flight engineer (third crew memember) -- but then remembered that it's an Airbus (and therefore highly automated now).

I'm looking at the flight sticks. There's no way a righty can handle or be comfortable handling the stick on the left.

Jynx
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
British airways business/ First class is already like that

I love it :)

Tik-Tok
09-30-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm looking at the flight sticks. There's no way a righty can handle or be comfortable handling the stick on the left.

Lol, how much do you think the pilots will ACTUALLY be flying that thing? I'll tell you, ONCE a month as per regulations to keep current.

Other than that, it will be on Cat3 Autoland for every flight.

Gainsbarre
09-30-2008, 02:54 PM

Oh ya sorry :nut: I am so used to thinking about the configuration on the flight decks of Boeing aircraft (with the centre yoke) that I constantly forget that most Airbus are sidestick now....:rofl: had to check the image again and yes, the darkness in the middle of each seat is just that -- darkness.

Senseiz
09-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
I flew from La to Singapore on one of Singapore airlines "all business class" A340-500's. That's was a badass experience, watched ironman, speed race and indiana jones on the on board entertainment system in August. Don't know how they managed that.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/promo/A345/A345.jsp

I'm spoiled now!

When I go to asia, I always plan with SIA. I find their seats are wider than Cathay. Also, their onboard entertainment system is awesome because they have so many movies (on-demand) and their first generation entertainment was laggy, but they have been updating it frequently and it has been getting better.

Crymson
09-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Senseiz

When I go to asia, I always plan with SIA. I find their seats are wider than Cathay. Also, their onboard entertainment system is awesome because they have so many movies (on-demand) and their first generation entertainment was laggy, but they have been updating it frequently and it has been getting better.

Yeah, it was REALLY good, there were dozens of movies on there that weren't even out yet on DVD. It's pretty sweet, esp on the long flights.

I'd never been to asia before, so i don't know how SIA compares with other airlines, but the food/service/comfort was phenominal.

Crymson
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I just got my travel confirmation. I get to fly on one of these bad-boys (not quantas, SIA, but an a380 none the less) from Singapore to London! I'll see if i can take some pics without looking like an absolute rube. I always stick out in business class as "the guy who doesn't belong" already.

Graham_A_M
10-09-2008, 05:11 PM

I'm sure they'd do their best considering the pay those pilots get.
:eek:

yeah that first & Business class were pretty damn incredible.
That cockpit was something else. :drool: