PDA

View Full Version : Interior needs a makeover

shin0bi
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Alright. So recently I bought an old Nissan fairlady.
Sadly, the previous owners didn't take such great care of her, so I've been doing some basic overhauling of the interior.

One of the more obvious (and presumably easier to fix) problems is that the dash and door pannels have become noticably faded from years of sun exposure. The kicker is that the fading is patchy, and uneven which causes it to look horrid.
I want to fix this, and I'm presuming its just a matter of applying a spray, or a polish of some sort.

The interior is naturally black and I'm not looking to deviate from that. I just want to return the interior to its original lustre.

Has anyone had a similar problem they've managed to resolve? I'm open to any advice I can get.

ceebz
10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Run to canadian tire and grab some duplicolor vinyl/fabric spray or go to a more professional paint store and get SEM vinyl/fabric spray. Basically just spray where its faded and rub the paint into the fabric with your hand and then let it dry. do about 1-2 coats for fabric. This stuff works really good on fabric not so much vinyl. My friend repainted his honda (Seats, Carpet, Head Liner, Door Panels) and it turned out REALLY good and it even feels the same.