PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy decent detailing products??

ekguy
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Other than C-Tire where could someone go to buy detailing products where you might be able to get advice on what to buy from a salesman who will know what they are talking about? C-Tire is fine if you know your stuff but if you don't it'd be nice to go somewhere where they know something about what they sell...

riced
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
if you're willing to shop online..
eshine.ca and carcaresmart.com are great places to buy good detailing products

If not, mopac and Parts Source carries some of Mother's and Meguiars professional line stuff.. not sure if they know anything about the products though.

edit: I've never been to a place that knows detailing thoroughly enough to ask in-depth questions about the product. It's best to go online to autopia.org, do the homework and then figure out what you want to buy. They KNOW their stuff.

ekguy
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
thanks alot i'll check that site. I just want to be able to do basic detailing. Treat my leather possibly, clean the interior and i've heard anything alcohol based such as armor all will simply attract dust (dunno if it's true) and get the rims to a nice shine again. As far as waxing and stuff goes I'm going to bring it to Teggypimp right before it starts dumping white shit everywhere to get her good for winter. I just want to do odds and ends myself.

riced
09-30-2008, 07:44 PM
if you just want basic info, autopia.org has great articles on how to do the simple things all the way to the complicated things.
They list the procedure, products and technique with pictures as well.. I used to read up on there back when I was still noobcake.

I don't like armorall, too much shine and not enough protection. P21S makes great products, but after adding up all the things you'll need, it'll be pricey. Their wax is amazing.. well worth the ~$45.

Good luck!

sneek
09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
What are you looking for? I have a TON of detailing gear that I might start to part with because I am at school too much to detail. Plus there is a ton of stuff I no longer use.

Chris @ Eshine is a pretty good guy to talk to. Even if there is something not in the store, he can get it to you at a good price. He is my go to guy when I put in grossly large orders.

Riced is right, Autopia is a great resource for people with any experience level. I used to do a lot of reading there, some good info there, if you can see through half of the pissing matches. Autopia and Meguairsonline used to be my go to places to learn.

ekguy
09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Autopia has been checked and bookmarked. I might want to get into detailing my own car. Seems there is no better way to know your exterior then to detail it yourself.

ekguy
09-30-2008, 08:13 PM
wow that site is amazing. Thanks.

sneek
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
You are right, it is a great way to learn about your car and paint. Pretty interesting if you get into it. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or need any info. (although my inbox is full a lot) I also think you have a clear coat failure on your front bumper form pics in the other thread.

beyondpinoy
09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
autopia.org is my number 1 site i go to!!! great place for reviews of products and info

yeah ive been posting on autopia for almost 2 years, and ive learned alot form that site AND with my own experience (i do car detailing on the side)... just like sneek said, if you have any questions, you can shoot me a pm too.. =)

sneek
09-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Autopia was defs better 2 years ago. So many pros have been banned...so many new sites are out there!

KKY
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Autopia is good. made me spent a long of money.

riced
10-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by KKY
Autopia is good. made me spent a long of money.

:werd:

beyondpinoy
10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by riced
if you're willing to shop online..
eshine.ca and carcaresmart.com are great places to buy good detailing products

i shop at eshine.ca all the time.. i get about 75% of my detailing materials from them... i usually spend more then $150 per order so i get free shipping..

ive had nothing but positive experience with them

tm88
10-02-2008, 11:37 PM
All this detailing talk is really making me want to get it done before snow and the pics to put it up for sale. Its a 2001 Jetta dark blue with swirl marks EVERWHERE. I mean, would a professional detail job make the paint look that much better or is there sometimes a point where no matter the detail job your paint will look the same.

imjimmylin
10-03-2008, 11:56 AM
If it's just swirls I'm sure a pro job would make it look mint :)

VeilOctane
10-03-2008, 12:54 PM
check out autopia.org lots of detailing infor there.... do it your self and learn something!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

imjimmylin
10-03-2008, 04:22 PM
If someone is looking for detailing products I have quite a selection in my garage. I just don't have as much time as I would like to use all these products so I wouldn't mind selling them to someone who will. If you want a list of what I have just give me a PM.

Graham_A_M
10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Call Don at 403-875-1537
or 1-866-601-0165

He is a Southern Alberta distributor for
"Production Detail supply" which are absolutely phenominal commercial detailing products. I dealt with him a fair bit when I was a fleet manager. He is amazingly knowledgable, and has a wide variety of products.
He's mobile too, so you can meet him somewhere. Thats what I do whenever I need speciality cleaners or waxes (etc).

beyondpinoy
10-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Call Don at 403-875-1537
or 1-866-601-0165

He is a Southern Alberta distributor for
"Production Detail supply" which are absolutely phenominal commercial detailing products. I dealt with him a fair bit when I was a fleet manager. He is amazingly knowledgable, and has a wide variety of products.
He's mobile too, so you can meet him somewhere. Thats what I do whenever I need speciality cleaners or waxes (etc).

would he carry polishers?

because im looking for a makita polisher with a certain sized backing plate... does i carry more then just speciality cleaners or waxes?

Graham_A_M
10-03-2008, 10:17 PM
backing plates I'm sure of, the actual polisher? I dont know. I doubt it. Best to get that at a place like Home Depot or whatever.
Yes he carries pretty much everything detail related, short of the actual power polishers themselves.

LMVantage
10-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Car Brite carries power polishers on the truck, but I can't remember off the top of my head which brands. I think he usually has 2-3 different ones. I have his number somewhere, but I'll have to go looking for it. If you want it, shoot me a pm.

ekguy
10-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Well started buying some products. Bought Mother's Wheel Polish, Simple Green, GooGone (to get rid of residue after debadging), chamois, microfibre cloths, glass cloths, glass cleaner, Meguiars plastic polish for my headlights (brought them back to life real quick too).

All in all having fun learning so far.

RX_EVOLV
10-07-2008, 12:28 AM
eshine.ca , autopia and autogeek are all good websites! the prices at eshine are actually fairly competitive!!

Cant wait for my wolfgang fuzion wax to arrive this week (hopefully)!!