PDA

View Full Version : LF: O&G Electrical CAD Designers

JordanEG6
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Like the title says, the company that I'm currently working for is in dire need of a couple Electrical Designers for long term and short term work.

To vaguely put it, we are VERY busy (with even more work to come from big, reputable clients) and I myself, have been juggling 3 or 4 different projects/jobs simultaneously. Sometimes 5. The same can be said for many others in the department. We're just looking for a couple people with CAD skills with Electrical Design background.

I work for a small to medium sized engineering consulting firm handling O&G for various clients. The work environment is pretty laid back with opportinity to move up and they also give you remote access to home PCs for the people who like working at home from time to time. The company pays pretty well, they hold various corporate social events throughout the year and hold free catered breakfasts every Friday! And again, there is plenty of work with even more work to come. Some scopes of our work include electrical design/drafting in:

- compressor stations
- oil batteries
- ESB replacements
- MOV additions
- pipeline tie-ins
- site expansions

and many more. Most of the work is facility based. Keeps the work interesting. As for credentials and requirements, we are looking for CAD designers with the following experience:

- Intermediate drafting and/or design skills
- Experience with 3D software - AutoCAD 3D, CadWorx, AutoPlant, PDS etc. - is essential
- AutoCAD 2006 or greater experience
- Some what of an understanding with I/O PLC schematics, motor schematics, wiring diagrams, single line diagrams etc.
- Familiar with Electrical Plot Plans, Area Classification, Key
Plans etc.
- Ability to produce Cable Tray Layouts, Elec. Equipment Layouts. Junction Box Layouts, Control Panel Layouts etc.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I can tell you more about the company. If you have any questions, I'll answer most of them here. Thanks!

4CylFiero
10-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey Jordan, what are they paying?

JordanEG6
10-01-2008, 01:09 PM
^ PM'd.

SJW
10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Any mechanical CAD design needed?

autumnrain
10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
yeah what are they paying jordon

JordanEG6
10-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Any mechanical CAD design needed?

Yes, I believe so in Piping, but they hired a few as of late so I'm not sure now.

Originally posted by autumnrain
yeah what are they paying jordon

More than where you're at! ;) :rofl: HINT: get over here!

jav_
10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
hey how many months is the short term work?

JordanEG6
10-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by jav_
hey how many months is the short term work?

I don't know. Half a year?

I know PLC programming is your thing, but it's nice to earn experience and gain some industry contacts before going into that. Reason I say this is because it's alot harder getting into Programming fresh from school, as you may already have experienced...

jav_
10-02-2008, 04:45 PM
hahah i know man im starting to lose hope...