PDA

View Full Version : fucked?

3G
09-15-2003, 09:49 PM
hey guys

my friend wants to sell his Mazda Mx6 (it's an 88 or 89)...but the problem is he's like desperate to sell it and i brought him down from $2500 to $1500...Do you guys think it's fucked up or something..so im taking it to a mechanic this weekend..at first he objected to taking it to a mechanic but then he said "lets do it"..it has some damage on rear quarter panel frm a hit-and-run last year...so what you guys think? btw it has around 200,500km..anything i should know??

thanks

ryder_23
09-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Any other history? Cause from that, cant tell much sorry. Mechanic is ur best bet.

sandman
09-15-2003, 10:15 PM
jus do a compression test and check for leaks and tkae a quick look at the exhaust fumes

3G
09-15-2003, 10:17 PM
alright thanks guys, that's what im going to do, he says he replaced the turbo hoses and shit and even a new transmission this summer

but if i buy it ill get a bad rep, cuz ppl will think it was me who driving it around marlboorugh like an ass

it's also been bagged on quite, hell he even raced it at the bullshits :@

Weapon_R
09-15-2003, 11:34 PM
If it checks out, buy it. Make sure you take it to someone who will check everything. A compression check and observing the exhaust fumes are not enough, imo. Have the mechanic pull the wheels, check for ball joint wear, cv condition, etc, and have him check underneath for possible rust or more serious problems. Pay a little more now and save yourself a lot later. Do not take it to some backalley mech who will drive it for 10 minutes and tell you its fine.

Otherwise, they are awesome cars, and super fast, so i'm sure you'll have fun with them.

fast95pony
09-15-2003, 11:40 PM
What about regular maintenance ,oil changes , timing belt replacements,clutch ,brakes etc . I'd check that too..

Redlyne_mr2
09-15-2003, 11:49 PM
A cheap old beat on turbo car = bad news city

illeagle
09-16-2003, 12:07 AM
sounds expensive, $$$$$, might end up walking in the snow

rice_eater
09-16-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
alright thanks guys, that's what im going to do, he says he replaced the turbo hoses and shit and even a new transmission this summer

but if i buy it ill get a bad rep, cuz ppl will think it was me who driving it around marlboorugh like an ass

it's also been bagged on quite, hell he even raced it at the bullshits :@

expect worned out rings...do a compression test

3G
09-16-2003, 09:26 AM
alright thanks guys, yeah my dad's friends a mechanic and he'll check it out for me, he never lets us get ripped off..he says he has a new tranny and stuff in there and many new parts but ill have it checked out on the weekend

sandman
09-17-2003, 01:13 AM
nice let us know how it turned out thrn

HTN SWCHS
09-17-2003, 11:15 AM
i wouldnt get it, its nice and sounds like a friggin semi truck but its been bagged on to much, and its an auto man. hey, did he fix his windshield after it got smashed??

HTN SWCHS
09-17-2003, 11:16 AM
oh, and hes full of shit, remember how he fuckered 2 trannys already?? bs, and his upgraded turbo?? guess what, 02 birds dont come wit a turbo and try finding one at pickapart

3G
09-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
oh, and hes full of shit, remember how he fuckered 2 trannys already?? bs, and his upgraded turbo?? guess what, 02 birds dont come wit a turbo and try finding one at pickapart

Yeah man i know he IS full of shit, so that's why i check the car out AND take it to a mechanic...I'll probably bring him down even more..

he claims he did put new windows (put $640), hope he didnt crazyglue it back together

i will be looking at the car closely

hjr
09-17-2003, 01:40 PM
auto ---- fucked? yes. its a fucking auto. Fucking fuck fuck. ass fuckity fuck. fuck shit fuck. fuck fuck shit fuck auto shit fuck. auto. fuck.

HTN SWCHS
09-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by hjr
auto ---- fucked? yes. its a fucking auto. Fucking fuck fuck. ass fuckity fuck. fuck shit fuck. fuck fuck shit fuck auto shit fuck. auto. fuck.

:rofl: :thumbsup:

3G
09-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by hjr

lol wtf?? can you repeat that in plain english??:rolleyes:

hjr
09-18-2003, 07:10 PM
- fuck - its a contemparary analysis of the overuse and generalization of foul diction in our society in reguards to internet post boards.

My thesis is, if its an automatic car, walk away from it as it a sub-par vehicle.

MK3HKS
09-18-2003, 07:25 PM
hhahahahahah, i saw it...its the biggest ricer mazda ever...he put blue windshield wipers....and chrome fender flares:rofl:

mx6gtturbo: DONT BUY IT , LOOK AROUND!!!!

3G
09-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS
hhahahahahah, i saw it...its the biggest ricer mazda ever...he put blue windshield wipers....and chrome fender flares:rofl:

mx6gtturbo: DONT BUY IT , LOOK AROUND!!!!

not to mention blue washer LEDS

i told him to take that shit off but we'll see..i have a feeling it's not going to check at the mechanic

DonJuan
09-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Stick your finger in the tail pipe after it's been run for like a week. If yor finger comes out covered in carbon (Black) car was bagged on badly, if it comes out wet and smells sweet (kina like an old bananna) coolant leak, If it comes out kina greasy and slippery, then it's burnin oil. If all of the above then run away!!!! you may want to also check under those chome fender flares, people mostly use those to hide rust... mostly...

HTN SWCHS
09-19-2003, 10:34 AM
sweet has a smell??

hjr
09-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
sweet has a smell?? yes, like burning coolant or even better, semi-burnt race fuel from turbo anit-lag systems!!!

Super_Geo
09-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Stick your finger in the tail pipe after it's been run for like a week. If yor finger comes out covered in carbon (Black) car was bagged on badly, if it comes out wet and smells sweet (kina like an old bananna) coolant leak, If it comes out kina greasy and slippery, then it's burnin oil. If all of the above then run away!!!! you may want to also check under those chome fender flares, people mostly use those to hide rust... mostly...

Haha, that's the best advice I've heard yet...

"Stick your finger in the tail pipe and tell me what it smells like."

:rofl:

3G
09-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Looks like I won't be buying his piece of shit..I wake up today, he told he he will be on, so he isn't on, i e-mail him a couple times no response and i called him soo many times looks like he won't answer..asshole can go fuck himself and his piece of shit car

he probably knew it won't check out at the mechanic
:bullshit: