PDA

View Full Version : Castrol Oct 4 - Street Car Shootout

Z_Fan
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/ElChoppahead/T-Shirt%20designs/streetcarshootout.jpg

Classes are as follows :

True Street (1 or less Performance adder) Sponsored by Flyins truck wash
Real Street (2 Performance adders) Sponsored by Flyins truck wash
Quick Street (3 Performance adders) Sponsored by Pro Stock Performance
Super Street (4 Performance adders) Sponsored by Horsepower Solutions
Pro Street (5 or more Performance adders) Sponsored by Horsepower Solutions

RULES:

4 Cylinder = 0 Power adders
6 Cylinder = 1 power adder
8 Cylinder or larger engine +2
Turbo/Supercharger/Nitrous +1 each
Sticky tires +1 (All slicks/drag radials etc)
AWD +1
Alcohol as main fuel source + 1
Wheel Well Mods but no frame mods + 1 (includes widebody kits)
Wheel Well Mods with frame mods+2 ( Full tub,Four link,ladder bar etc OR Open wheel well cars with larger then 10.5 tires)

So In regards to the tire size rule if it doesnt require wheel tub mods you can run it if it does its plus one and if it required frame mods you are plus 2.

The competitors will be handed a card to select what class they want to be in, if at any time during the competition you as a competitor feel that someone is cheating and/or classed wrong you can pay $50 to dispute them and if its found they are classed wrong or cheating they get DQ and you get your $50 back but if found you were wrong and they are classed right they get your $50 and continue racing.

Z_Fan
10-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Who's going to this???

Same rules as P2P and Street Wheelers 100 footer. Except no New Street class (basically merged with True Street)

Great rules to level the playing field. Was thinking about going up on Saturday to race.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Racing aside, that logo kicks ass.

Eleanor
10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Does it feature the cars from Death Race? :D

I would love to be there, but work sucks :thumbsdow

Sorath
10-02-2008, 12:42 PM
if i can take time off, i`ll be there to race

Ekliptix
10-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Yaaay, Castrol Raceway rocks, but my 60' still blows. Here's my new best from today.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/Ekliptix/Timeslip1-1.jpg

GoChris
10-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Good stuff.

congrats to Z_Fan :thumbsup:

Z_Fan
10-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks. It was a pretty good event I think. Couple minor glitches at the end - but it's a learning process and I think just the fact that the event was put together in a pretty big hurry but was still a pretty big success shows this kind of event has major potential for Calgary and Edmonton. But we already knew that really. I mean, P2P in the Hat has always been a great event, with great car classing rules, and IMO if this goes next year at Edmonton (assuming no Calgary, but I suppose that it could happen here) ... anyhow...it'll be a great event again!

Congrats on the PB Graham. Good job.

Props to the guys who put this together. It was nice to get out and actually compete this year.

My story for the day is not filled with crushing Viper SRT-10's or Viper GTS's or Corvette ZR-1's, though they would have fallen to the mighty SRT-4 had we lined up - but instead other folks got to eliminate them and I got to race some quick cars - cars where the race could go either way - and I just was fortunate to wind up on the right side of the win column. So, it was a blast, I'm glad I went, super glad I didn't break anything ... and to all the REAL STREET competitors, it was a slice, but ...

All your horsepower are belong to us.