PDA

View Full Version : Rear-ended by cell phone user..

fast95pony
10-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I was driving east on McKnight when I noticed a grey Civic riding my butt.As I slowed to a stop at Barlow,the Civic didn't :eek: . She gets out of her car carrying not one,but two cell phones.
While we were waiting for the cops,she was talking on both phones at the same time.
She claimed the sun was in her eyes , and she "momentarily looked down to adjust her sun visor".
Who looks down to adjust a sun visor ?? The sun was to the south ,and definately not in her eyes . I didn't buy it , and neither did the cops.She was chatting on the phone or phones.

The Focus has a badly scuffed up bumper,with a nice hole punched in it by the Civic's hood release.
The Civic's hood buckled and the front bumper badly cracked.
She said she hadn't had an accident in three years..rear ended another car !
I told her I saw her following me,and she was driving too close.Then she started crying

I'm not sure what she was charged with.
I'm getting an estimate later today.Looks like a new bumper.Not sure about any structual
damage underneath.. .

HANG UP AND DRIVE !

Toms-SC
10-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Yup. A cunt.

liquidboi69
10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony
I was driving east on McKnight when I noticed a grey Civic riding my butt.As I slowed to a stop at Barlow,the Civic didn't :eek: . She gets out of her car carrying not one,but two cell phones.
While we were waiting for the cops,she was talking on both phones at the same time.
She claimed the sun was in her eyes , and she "momentarily looked down to adjust her sun visor".
Who looks down to adjust a sun visor ?? The sun was to the south ,and definately not in her eyes . I didn't buy it , and neither did the cops.She was chatting on the phone or phones.

The Focus has a badly scuffed up bumper,with a nice hole punched in it by the Civic's hood release.
I told her I saw her following me,and she was driving too close.Then she started crying

I'm getting an estimate later today.Looks like a new bumper.Not sure about any structual
damage underneath.. .
She gets out of her car carrying not one,but two cell phones.

I told her I saw her following me,and she was driving too close.Then she started crying :rolleyes:

I'm getting an estimate later today.Looks like a new bumper.Not sure about any structual damage underneath..

HANG UP AND DRIVE !
Man, hectic story dude! SO HECTIC its like... hectic x2

fast95pony
10-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Sorry 'bout that ! Finger trouble.. edited.

Redlyne_mr2
10-02-2008, 09:37 AM
sorry to hear man.. I feel guilty if I have to use my cell phone while im driving.. sort of feel like a douche as well.

funkedelic2
10-02-2008, 09:41 AM
That sucks dude, some lessons are learnt hard. Hopefully she cuts down to at least one phone at a time :rofl:

benyl
10-02-2008, 09:42 AM
That sucks dude.

haha, I almost bumped into an SL550 this morning cause I was looking down at my phone checking emails. It would have been a light tap as I was rolling from a stop, but would have been shitty none the less.

*Must put iPhone down*

FreakinPrince
10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
its a ford!!! who cares!! throw it away and get yourself another car!!

i gotta put down my iphone too..at least most of the time its mounted to transmit music...

A790
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by FreakinPrince

i gotta put down my iphone too..at least most of the time its mounted to transmit music...
You drive a Civic... STFU.

Ferio_vti
10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Did you suffer any whiplash?? I'd get a Dr to check you out just to be safe.

And don't forget to claim for a new bumper sticker.

gqmw
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM

Some people make the most useless posts...
But yeah 2 phones wow :eek:

I gotta cut down on phone use in the car as well..

whiskas
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Damn Alan, it hasn't been a good year for the focus.

Nice to hear that she came out of it worse.

zarge
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
i don't find talking on the phone a distraction for me, it's trying to text. I tried a few times and almost went off the road lol

Quiet10
10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
was she asian? :guns:

A790
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Quiet10
Wow. :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Yah she was talking to me when it went down.

nismodrifter
10-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I've had multiple instances in which cell phone users have almost hit me at a particular 3-way stop. Worst of all they are usually speeding like crazy and don't have a CLUE of whats going on around them because their conversation is more important than someone elses life. My brother was almost SMOKED by a driver who ripped through the 3-way stop doing 80-90kmh (in an area where the speed limit is 60kmh) while yapping away on their phone. :thumbsdow

If you have to use the phone while driving either pull over, tell the person you are driving and hang up, or don't use it at all. I'm not too sure about hands free either....IMO your full attention is NOT on the road.

ZMan2k2
10-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree with you nismodrifter. I refuse to use the cell when driving. If my friends call, they know that if I'm driving, it'll go to voicemail, and I'll call them back later. I almost hit a guy yesterday on 20th Ave NW. I was going east on 20th, and he was at a stop sign. He was talking on his phone, and didn't even look my direction, and decided to turn left, in front of me. Almost got him.

jdmSiR
10-02-2008, 11:05 AM
god damn it, this is why i have a sign in my car that reads "get off your fucking cell phone"
i pull out when i see people driving with their cell phones.

what a piss off, good luck with repairs.

hypnotoad
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
That girl's a real crybaby, kinda typical of most girls who think they're awesome because they talk on the phone and do their makeup while driving.

Quiet10
10-02-2008, 11:17 AM
What? I just thought it would be nice to know... for the record I am asian as well, and I think asians are the worst drivers out there, especially the women!

I'm scared for when my girlfriend starts driving, and so is she. :nut: :banghead:

fast95pony
10-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by whiskas
Damn Alan, it hasn't been a good year for the focus.

Nice to hear that she came out of it worse.

Yeah , just replaced the front struts and rotors,and a rear wheel bearing. If this continues I'll have rebuilt the whole car one part at a time !

No, she wasn't Asian :rolleyes:

No,I won't replace it just because it's a Ford.
The Civic's front end crumbled faster the the Flames defence...
:rofl:

Hakkola
10-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Shitty deal, stupid people...

Handsfree imo is alright, it's just like talking to someone in the passenger seat, I tell people in my car to shut up because I'm driving. :dunno:

The_Rural_Juror
10-02-2008, 11:31 AM

I'm scared for when my girlfriend starts driving, and so is she. :nut: :banghead:

Another reason to date younger. :rofl:

Skyline_Addict
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
2 phones? and still yapping away after the accident?

what a stupid bitch.

toastgremlin
10-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Was she talking on both phones at once?

Sucks. The SVT Focus is a really nice car, but at least it wasn't yet another hit and run story.

fast95pony
10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

what a stupid bitch.

Yep. Two phones ! One was her office phone ,and the other was her personal phone.She talked on both of them the whole time we were waiting for the CPS to arrive.She was very flustered.

Save the calls for the office ! :banghead:

zipdoa
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM

:rofl: I lol'd.

rc2002
10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I hate to generalize but 9/10 times when stuff like this happens it's a female.

There was a blonde lady in a black Accord going west on Glenmore from Macleod south and she stopped there even though the sign showed she had a free flow lane. I passed her later and saw she was on the phone.

I don't leave much room between the car in front of me and I was still cut off about 6 times on my way to work by women drivers too.

I think Saudi Arabia has the right idea.

403ep3
10-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I remember one lady on her phone looking down and then rear ended me lightly in my old civic. I didn't care because it was my beater.

I try not to be on the phone but it's kinda tough. Having a standard transmission kinda stops me from playing with my phone.

When it's snowing or raining I am never on my phone. Way too dangerous!

em2ab
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I hate threads like this, brings us closer to the other 2 provinces I lived in where cell phones were prohibited while driving. I like to be able to answer calls in my car.

mark4091
10-02-2008, 05:54 PM

:facepalm:

Team_Mclaren
10-02-2008, 06:05 PM
I had some dumb bitch rear ended my parked car right in front of my house because she was answering a call and didnt look:facepalm: idiots

xLostx
10-02-2008, 06:11 PM
was she hot?

RZRSHARP_SVX
10-02-2008, 06:31 PM
when I see someone on 2 cellphones I get out of my truck and tap on their window with my wheel wrench

ragu
10-02-2008, 06:53 PM
The other day I was talking to this girl and when I mentioned that texting while driving was stupid, she replies, "its not we are just good at it"
and I just think to myself: You fucking idiot!

guess what, she rear ended some poor guy two days ago; obviously while texting. :facepalm:

elesdee
10-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by jdmSiR
god damn it, this is why i have a sign in my car that reads "get off your fucking cell phone"
i pull out when i see people driving with their cell phones.

what a piss off, good luck with repairs.

Good call!

LegendRacer
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
too bad u cant see me talking on the phone... i have bluetooth :D

signature7
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
handsfree is the way to go, no matter how you look if you're driving alone.

however i do see a lot of text while driving drivers now a days, young and old. Teens that just get their licence to 50 year old business types.

badatusrnames
10-02-2008, 08:04 PM

Lol

Originally posted by A790

You drive a Civic... STFU.

Thank you for saying that.

TurboD
10-02-2008, 08:07 PM

what a stupid bitch.

QFT

TorqueDog
10-03-2008, 12:16 AM
I have a Bluetooth handsfree that I use when I'm driving. Even then, I hate talking on the phone when I drive. I'm actually a horrible conversationalist when I'm driving at all, I focus on driving, and that's that.

Kennyredline
10-03-2008, 12:40 PM

what a stupid bitch.
Well my question is....what the fuck is she doing outside of the kitchen anyway??:poosie:

fast95pony
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Both my wife and I use bluetooth.It's still a distraction,but much better that holding a phone.

Originally posted by xLostx
was she hot?

Actually ,she was quite easy on the eyes...:)
..But don't tell my wife ! :D
When I was first hit,I wanted to yell at the driver.Then I saw
those tear-filled eyes,and went soft.

Then later , I thought.....suckered again :facepalm:

Damn those women..

tentacles
10-03-2008, 12:49 PM
was she asian?

It's the North East so what do you expect. :love: