PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchase aftermarket used car warranty? Reviews/Opinons

beyondmike
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Guys, looking for some input here. I'm looking to purchase a used vehicle and was wondering if buying an aftermarket warranty is worth it. The car I'm purchasing is worth over $40K and is 2 years old. Any input or feedback for these companies would be appreciated.

The company site is www.coasttocoast.ca

funkedelic2
10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
what kind of car are you planing on buying?

beyondmike
10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Range Rover HSE, no factory warranty.

Tik-Tok
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
A long time ago a couple of friends had after market warranties, both of them had trouble getting claims done. Honestly don't recall which companies they had them with though.

beyondmike
10-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
A long time ago a couple of friends had after market warranties, both of them had trouble getting claims done. Honestly don't recall which companies they had them with though.

yeah, that's kinda what i figured. did some googling and found mixed reviews.

Redlyne_mr2
10-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Some are hit and miss. The range rovers are so unreliable that many aftermarket warranty companies wont even cover them. I sell first canadian aftermarket warranties through work. Out of all the warranty companies Ive had experience with they seem to be the best. Keep in mind some dealers don't like dealing with aftermarket warranties at all so I would give Land Rover Calgary a call first to see if they will even accept one and if so see if they sell any out of their dealership. If they don't sell any but will honor a first canadian warranty let me know, I can get you a deal on a plan if there is one available.

nbaker00
10-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Yep, redlyne is right.
First Canadain (fcpp) is by far the best in my opinion