PDA

View Full Version : HELP! In Need of Pressure plate ASAP

sonnyg403
10-02-2008, 08:02 PM
So I ordered an exedy oem replacement clutch kit a couple weeks back. The site i bought it from was going to ship it directly from EXEDY, which they messed up on. So they give me a call informing me this and said they can ship an AISIN clutch kit which is more expensive and is an oem replacement as well. I did a little research and it looked alright, so i said ok. Took the car into JDMTUNERS and they have had it for three full days now, and they say after many times swapping it in and out to work it out. They believe its the Pressure plate which looks way smaller than the Toyota one. So i guess i need a pressure plate of anysort ASAP. Let me know

stevo 27
10-02-2008, 10:37 PM
i got an oem one a little rust but im sure it still works

sonnyg403
10-03-2008, 02:32 PM
pmed

Mista.2
10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
i got one too let me know if you still need it.

sonnyg403
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Looks like shop was mistaken, don't seem to need one anymore, but thanks to the guys that contacted me

sonnyg403
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
this is my post on mr2oc.com

So just had my clutch replaced after it started slipping. I replaced it with an oem replacement full kit from Aisin. The shop that I took it too had the car for many days and had alot of trouble with the swap. They couldn't seem to figure out why the pedal would just stick to the floor. They bled the slave and master cylinder a whole lot and it made it a little bit better but still it wasn't perfect. They literally swapped the clutch in and out many different times trying numerous different things but nothing was working. Anyways got the car back and here's the current problem.
The clutch has good pressure for about halfway down when pressed then all of a sudden it just looses all pressure and slams to the floor. Then when releasing it just springs back up really fast. It's weird too because I can change through the gears when the pedal is halfway pressed. Here's a pic of what i mean
The red area is where it loses all pressure and slams to the floor but the black is where it seems normal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/forza_italia/clutchhh.jpg

sonnyg403
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
And today within an hour of driving it...it started to slip again.
Awesome!!

Ashkente
10-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Sounds like something in the hydraulic system is f'd. Are you sure they bled it properly? If you pump it, does it get stiffer? I had a bitch of a time with bleeding mine, till I figured out the seals in the MC were gone, and pulling in air. Replaced the MC, and all was good again.

sonnyg403
10-17-2008, 11:37 AM
So should i replace to master and slave cylinder and see what happens..
IM just worried its a lost cause due to it already slipping again.