PDA

View Full Version : Review: Wendy's buffalo burger

TomcoPDR
10-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Wow, I think this came out today.

Pulled up to the drive-thru ordering the usual Mandrian chicken, but to my disappointment there were none to be had. Being stuck in an awkward position live on the mic, then it struck me like a sign from up above; up above from the menu board, Wendy's newest buffalo chicken or BBQ burgers.

Had it not been for the steak and chesse Subway lunch, I would had went for the BBQ...

A whiff of that spicy aroma filling the vehiclar cabin just makes you wanna reminisce the first time you had spicy chicken wings at a pub after your 18th birthday.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2435.jpg

The excitement unfolding that tin foil was just as erecting as unbuttoning Wendy's own blouse. This spicy sensation will have you surrender with no hesitation.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2436.jpg

It's like a wing's night party and there's 50 wings in your mouth at the same time and everyone's invited. This is the terminator to the baconator, yea take that baconator. If these burgers represented Wendy's presonality, the baconator would be Wendy being a boring nerdy goody goody private-school girl, and the buffalo chicken would be Wendy the slut out public school hottie.

Top it off with a bacon and chesse potato... and this is city-survivorman.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2437.jpg

I think the drive thru girl likes me, all my food this week had been filled to the tits... or maybe she's trying to bump me up to her size for prime mating.

Anyways, for Wendy's buffalo burger.

Appearance - clean, crisp wrapping. 7.6/10
Smell - WOW (just close your eyes, just like living in a pub) 8.5/10
Taste - Oh man, I'm only dinging points off because they could offer a complimentary ranch dipping sauce. 8.2/10
Price - I think $5.99 (I got the burger and potato for $9.50 with tax)

Edit: I forgot, it was $9.50 for Buffalo burger, Potato and small chilli... so I think the burger is less like under $5

Boat
10-02-2008, 11:46 PM
lol nice read
wendy's ftw! i love the baked potatoes!!!

SprayGUN
10-02-2008, 11:47 PM
:rofl: I love your posts.

dj_rice
10-02-2008, 11:51 PM
I know your on the road alot and staying at hotels, but you need better food that fast food....do they have kitchens in the place ur staying at?It wouldnt cost too much to go to Safeway etc, buy a few things to make a meal, even if your time strapped, pasta and sauce is a quick meal in like 20 mins

And on a sidenote, just FYI, I dont think the drive thru girl is making your food, its prolli the 30 year old guy in the kitchen who has the hots for you playboy :poosie: :rofl: :rofl:

tm88
10-02-2008, 11:52 PM
wait, you said drive thru..... Correct me if i am wrong but those are wendys tables underneath your burg and potatoe???

nonlinear
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
ooh, is the buffalo chicken like coated in buffalo hot wing sauce???? i shoulda got that over my big bacon classic tonite

TomcoPDR
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I know your on the road alot and staying at hotels, but you need better food that fast food....do they have kitchens in the place ur staying at?It wouldnt cost too much to go to Safeway etc, buy a few things to make a meal, even if your time strapped, pasta and sauce is a quick meal in like 20 mins

And on a sidenote, just FYI, I dont think the drive thru girl is making your food, its prolli the 30 year old guy in the kitchen who has the hots for you playboy :poosie: :rofl: :rofl:

I get those Safeway/Costco/Superstore BBQ chicken sometimes... but the Wendy's/Timmy is like 1 block from the motel... so before heading "local-home", it's easier... I worked from 8am till 12am (16 hours) yesterday, too lazy to do shit sometimes.

Originally posted by tm88
wait, you said drive thru..... Correct me if i am wrong but those are wendys tables underneath your burg and potatoe???

Motel table

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2438.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2439.jpg

LongCity
10-03-2008, 12:02 AM
haha very nice furnishings.

dj_rice
10-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

I get those Safeway/Costco/Superstore BBQ chicken sometimes... but the Wendy's/Timmy is like 1 block from the motel... so before heading "local-home", it's easier... I worked from 8am till 12am (16 hours) yesterday, too lazy to do shit sometimes.

Motel table

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2438.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2439.jpg

Well in that case then I understand ur fast food fix but u still didnt address my answer, the drive thru girl isn't making your food...:rofl:

And wow, fireplace in a motel :bigpimp: I dont even have a fireplace in my paid off condo

nonlinear
10-03-2008, 12:03 AM
why is there a grandma in a sweater and no pants on your tv :eek:

dj_rice
10-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
why is there a grandma in a sweater and no pants on your tv :eek:

I think hes watching Married With Children

TomcoPDR
10-03-2008, 12:07 AM

Well in that case then I understand ur fast food fix but u still didnt address my answer, the drive thru girl isn't making your food...:rofl:

hmmmmm, I told her to hold the mayo.

Edit: yea, and and I'm watching MWC... memory lane.

nonlinear
10-03-2008, 12:08 AM
^^LOLLOL is that marcy the bull dyke from across the street?????? without pants on :nut: :nut: :nut:

dj_rice
10-03-2008, 12:15 AM
^^LOLLOL is that marcy the bull dyke from across the street?????? without pants on :nut: :nut: :nut:

Yeah it is, sad how I could recognize the furniture and knew it was MWC

analbumcover
10-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I just had one of these today, it was actually pretty good, i was suprised, also got it with a rootbeer float which was equally excellent

Speed_69
10-03-2008, 03:39 PM

And wow, fireplace in a motel :bigpimp: I dont even have a fireplace in my paid off condo
are you trying to impress us or something?

i don't see the need there to include 'paid off'.

nonlinear
10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
^^^LOL @ previous comment

but OK, i'm lost

you said buffalo chicken and BBQ burgers. are these two different things?? and then you said 'buffalo burger' which makes me even more confused.... (you know, like bison)

i'm assuming there are two sandwiches: 1) a chicken sandwich in buffalo hot sauce and 2) a BBQ beef burger. or are they both chicken???? or bison???"

:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

403Gemini
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM

The excitement unfolding that tin foil was just as erecting as unbuttoning Wendy's own blouse. This spicy sensation will have you surrender with no hesitation.

Wow... thats erotic! You should write romance novels.

Another epic review from you Tom :thumbsup:

dennisaur
10-03-2008, 04:02 PM
haha i had the buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch today and it was pretty good. could use a little more kick though.

pinoyhero
10-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Awesome review, makes me hungry. I love the fact that you rate into the tenths, haha.

nonlinear
10-03-2008, 04:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 403Gemini

and Wendy is what... 12 years old??????

RedStealth
10-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

I'm pretty sure it's an 89coupe joke/reference

403Gemini
10-03-2008, 04:08 PM

and Wendy is what... 12 years old??????

Bitch please, shes been around since november 15, 1969

momofan
10-03-2008, 04:12 PM
I just had was coming home from work, skipped lunch so I could have this. It could use a little kick and a slice of blue cheese. If I wasn't in the car I would have ditched the bun and just ate the damn chicken.

cdnsir
10-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Nice review man! You got me both hungry and horny.

dj_rice
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by RedStealth

I'm pretty sure it's an 89coupe joke/reference

No, its from the guy that coined the kiss my as phrase I think, or some guy fucked up his mom's car and needed it repaired or something and when he was explaining where it was parked, he included the PAID OFF condo part but I cant remember

max_boost
10-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Another epic review from you Tom :thumbsup: lol I know. I always crack up reading his reviews lmao :rofl:

01RedDX
10-06-2008, 12:07 AM

TomcoPDR
10-07-2008, 12:27 AM

i'm assuming there are two sandwiches: 1) a chicken sandwich in buffalo hot sauce and 2) a BBQ beef burger. or are they both chicken???? or bison???"

From the 2 minutes I spent at the drive-thru (seeing I worked from 8am till 11pm)... I think I saw 2 choices...

Buffalo chicken burger... or a BBQ "rib" (don't quote me) burger. I just mixed the assumption of terms using "buffalo burger" within this thread as a "hereafter" would equivalent to said burger being reviewed.

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-07-2008, 11:40 AM
No no no, they are both the homestyle chicken breast.
One is dipped in hot sauce, and the other in BBQ.
I had both in the same day. yumm. BBQ is okay, its not overly zesty, so it doesnt taste to saucey.

Buffalo is not bad, the last one I had the bread was soaked and dripping. Haha. Sooo SLOPPY.

BBQ burger had lots of onions, had to take out half of them.

Crymson
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Have you ever eaten at a Carls JR in the states? This is, essentially, their entire menu. It's fucking amazing.

Supa Dexta
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Why the hell do you read romance novels?

yoda124
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM

I don't find anything wrong with 'paid off'.Why you so jealous?

avow
10-09-2008, 12:47 AM
i am really going to have to try one of these. it sounds great :D

Kavy
10-09-2008, 02:57 AM

You my friend are ill informed. :facepalm:

And wow, fireplace in a motel I dont even have a fireplace in my paid off condo

Gold, I don't give a shit if others don't get the joke I did.

Rice I will pick up some $100 lunches bring them over to your paid off condo where we can pick up chicks on craigslist and work on our rap album.

:rofl:

ExtraSlow
10-09-2008, 07:05 AM
That looks like the interior of a fine "western Budget" motel.

Good review, gave me a new sig.

Supa Dexta
10-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

Rice I will pick up some $100 lunches bring them over to your paid off condo where we can pick up chicks on craigslist and work on our rap album.

I'm there!

962 kid
10-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

Don't forget to finish it off with a nice smooth smoke on the balcony!

Kavy
10-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

I'm there!

I knew you would be!

beecue
10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
I just had a bbq and buffalo burger ... bbq was alright but buffalo was awesome :thumbsup: :drool:

I don't feel so good though haha

TomcoPDR
10-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
That looks like the interior of a fine "western Budget" motel.

Good review, gave me a new sig.

:clap: :clap: :clap: hahaha, ding ding ding... you work on the rigs or something? (seems like they build theirs near rig places)

ExtraSlow
10-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I work on the office side of the patch, but I do get many opportunities to visit the fine motels of western canada.

Supa Dexta
10-10-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm a super 8 man myself..

2002civic
10-10-2008, 08:53 AM
mmm i want:drool:

flipstah
10-10-2008, 11:46 AM

Super 8 rules! That's where we usually stay! Super 8 near Disneyland FTW! :poosie:

Now, how about review the 'new' Uncle Burger from A&W? I had it as the Sirloin Burger and my god, was it huge.

Supa Dexta
10-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I grabbed an uncle burger sometime last week... In northern ontario I think it was..?? Can't remember.. It was pretty good though, greasy sonofabitch, she was a dripper.. But all and all it was a good hefty burger for the cost. And thats saying something, because lately I've been avoiding A&W, just wasn't doing it for me..

DJ Lazy
10-12-2008, 02:45 PM
This thread made me hungry. :drool:

HP2133
10-12-2008, 03:03 PM
it is one of the best options out there at this time for a burger in that price range

Spicy Chicken is still a definite alternative

TomcoPDR
10-13-2008, 02:22 AM

+1 me too, I'm pretty loyal to the Super8, Days Inn chain. Less of course in a town where the Super8 is a bigger shit hole than a regular no name motel (like Western Budget)

I suppose time for a dick measuring contest?

Got about 110,000 points from Super8 and friends, I took about 80,000 out cause I'm a cheapo and some ppl will be getting gift cards for Christmas.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/tripreward.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2460.jpg

ExtraSlow
10-13-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't collect super 8 points, but I do think I'll be cashing out some air miles for gift cards this christmas.

Just checked and I have around 9500 air miles.

dino_martini
10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
I grabbed an uncle burger sometime last week... In northern ontario I think it was..?? Can't remember.. It was pretty good though, greasy sonofabitch, she was a dripper.. But all and all it was a good hefty burger for the cost. And thats saying something, because lately I've been avoiding A&W, just wasn't doing it for me..

Its pretty good. The combo is less then the price of a Teen Burger combo. Definitely drippy though.

KappaSigma
10-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Tried the buffalo burger today. Nothing special. The sauce isnt hot what so ever. Actually its a pretty sweet tasting sauce. Was hoping for somehting spicy.

Very dissapointed.

BlackArcher101
10-19-2008, 01:12 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: hahaha, ding ding ding... you work on the rigs or something? (seems like they build theirs near rig places)

Oh man... is that the Red Deer one? I had the pleasure of living there for a month. Damn those mattresses are horrible. And the A&W right outside my window... and the damn smell.

xLostx
10-19-2008, 05:18 PM
is the buffalo sauce just franks red hot sauce or something? spicy chicken ftw tho regardless

Weapon_R
10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Ya it tastes a lot like frank's red hot sauce. I'm a fan, I thought it tasted pretty good.

inline6turbo
10-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Tried one today for the first time. I'm a seasoned spicy food connoisseur, suicide wings or volcano wings are my specialty. When I read your review I was just so excited! The DQ Flamethrower has just lost it's appeal over the years :(
But unfortunately, this burger was a huge let down. The sloppiness mixed with the lack of a real hot sauce was sadly disappointing. It could have done better with maybe some bacon or jalapeno cheese. But I don't think I'll be having it again :(

elspeilbergo
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Really delicious burg! Although it could use some more crunch. Some romaine lettuce probably.

KappaSigma
10-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Anyone who thinks the Buffalo sandwhich is dipped in "hot sauce" is kiding themselves. It is not even close to Franks hot sause. It a sweet in taste not spicy of any sort.