PDA

View Full Version : Secret Street October 3rd Last one!

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Hey all so who is going to the last one of the year and potentially the last one before the track shuts down?

I will be spectating as usual.

Dj_Stylz
10-03-2008, 07:08 AM
I want to go and try do a run or two. See if my time get's any better with my RPM issue fixed.

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Can I has a ride?:D

blazzer
10-03-2008, 08:20 AM
ill hopefully be there

ga16i
10-03-2008, 08:47 AM
I should be there.
First and possibly last time I run the car after the CA18DET swap. Hoping for low 15's - high 14's. Used to run low 17's - high 16's on the stock KA24DE.

3" downpipe
cone filter
MBC cranked to 11psi boost

on stock turbo and smic

EM1FTW
10-03-2008, 08:52 AM
i should be there watching

Freebs
10-03-2008, 09:25 AM
I will be there again... still trying for 12's

mboldt
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I will be there taking photos.

em2ab
10-03-2008, 09:49 AM
What's the times for start/end? And admission fee?

Aleks
10-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I am going to Banff for my bachelor party tonight so that's it for this year I guess.

n1zm0
10-03-2008, 10:20 AM
raining like a bitch here in springbank :dunno: but its only 10:30

ga16i
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM
still dry here at 40st and 114ave
although it is cloudy

Sorath
10-03-2008, 10:50 AM
imma run, maybe if im not too lazy

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 10:50 AM
supposed to be nice for the afternoon and evening so it should dry off if anything falls at RC

VW337
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I'll be there assuming the rain passes.

flipstah
10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
What's the times for start/end? And admission fee?

+1! I have free passes to Race City (my dad got it for doing work for them I believe) but I don't know if it counts.

I'll be a spectator or maybe pull out the Integra? See how it does? :dunno:

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
come runs 16's ;)

flipstah
10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
What if you're a total n00b on track?

Is it just best to be a spectator? :cry:

djayz
10-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Have to start sometime or you'll always be a noob haha.

I should be there spectating, might run depending on how busy the damn place is.

flipstah
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by djayz

Have to start sometime or you'll always be a noob haha.

I should be there spectating, might run depending on how busy the damn place is.

Haha true that.

I'll see if my dad is free today and wants to tag along. He always wanted to see one in action.

YAY! :clap:

Again, what are the start/end times? And the admission factor?

Thanks!

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Expect it to be crazy busy, I would think most people will get 1-2 runs tonight if they are not waiting in line to tech at like 5:30... and yes I know tech only starts at 6.

I will try and be there right around 7 to spectate. I think it will be a great night for that.

For the racers, you won't get a lot of passes but it will probably still be worth the experience if it's close to your first time going.

Freebs
10-03-2008, 12:24 PM

No way... I would get out and have some fun. Who cares if you run slow times? If you have not tried it before you might as well try it while we still have it here in the city...
how many times can you go foot to the floor balls out without having to worry about getting a ticket or other traffic and injuring yourself or someone else...and to boot you get some numbers that show what you did which is always fun

Its easy you just get in line (right lanes tend to move quicker) and when you get up to the front there will be a guy who will point at you and another vehicle. Then you proceed to your lane and if you are not doing a burn out you kind of squeeze to the inside of your lane and go around the water and stop just after till they give you a signal to roll up to the staging lights and you will see two boxes on the ground (left and right side of the lane) you just creep up till your front tires are between them and you will see the first yellow light come up on the tree (small ones at the very top) than creep up till the second one lights up and then get ready to hammer the gas just before the light goes green and hang on lol.
Then at the end of the track there are 2 or 3 exit points where you can turn left and just follow them back and they will give you a time slip at the tower at which point you continue to follow the track till you either get back in line or go watch.

flipstah
10-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
Expect it to be crazy busy, I would think most people will get 1-2 runs tonight if they are not waiting in line to tech at like 5:30... and yes I know tech only starts at 6.

I will try and be there right around 7 to spectate. I think it will be a great night for that.

For the racers, you won't get a lot of passes but it will probably still be worth the experience if it's close to your first time going.

So if I want to get on the track, I have to be there by 5-5:30PM?

And do I need any safety equipment with me or will it be provided?

Originally posted by Freebs

No way... I would get out and have some fun. Who cares if you run slow times? If you have not tried it before you might as well try it while we still have it here in the city...
how many times can you go foot to the floor balls out without having to worry about getting a ticket or other traffic and injuring yourself or someone else...and to boot you get some numbers that show what you did which is always fun

Its easy you just get in line (right lanes tend to move quicker) and when you get up to the front there will be a guy who will point at you and another vehicle. Then you proceed to your lane and if you are not doing a burn out you kind of squeeze to the inside of your lane and go around the water and stop just after till they give you a signal to roll up to the staging lights and you will see two boxes on the ground (left and right side of the lane) you just creep up till your front tires are between them and you will see the first yellow light come up on the tree (small ones at the very top) than creep up till the second one lights up and then get ready to hammer the gas just before the light goes green and hang on lol.
Then at the end of the track there are 2 or 3 exit points where you can turn left and just follow them back and they will give you a time slip at the tower at which point you continue to follow the track till you either get back in line or go watch.

LOL OMFG Totally sounds exciting! :D I just want to see how well I'll do.

Question is, Integra or Outlander? :rofl:

Freebs
10-03-2008, 12:29 PM

So if I want to get on the track, I have to be there by 5-5:30PM?

And do I need any safety equipment with me or will it be provided?

LOL OMFG Totally sounds exciting! :D I just want to see how well I'll do.

Question is, Integra or Outlander? :rofl:

what ever you want... both will be just as fun your first time out

oh and its $25 for a racer and $5 for a spectator... they werent making you where a helmet 2 weeks ago for 14.0 and over I think it was.. but last week they made every one where one so if you got a motor bike helmet or know some one who will lend you one I would bring it... they do have rentals but umm... yea they have rentals ahaha

flipstah
10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Freebs

what ever you want... both will be just as fun your first time out

oh and its $25 for a racer and $5 for a spectator... they werent making you where a helmet 2 weeks ago for 14.0 and over I think it was.. but last week they made every one where one so if you got a motor bike helmet or know some one who will lend you one I would bring it... they do have rentals but umm... yea they have rentals ahaha

If I can go, I think the Integra is safer. The Outlander is just too tall and might tip over at sudden turns. It even says so on the visor.

So $25 for a racer, $5 for a spectator. CHECK!

As for helmet rentals, I'm a little iffy now since it's gonna be sweaty for sure but I don't have any motorbike helmets. How much are the helmet rentals?

And it'll be only once. For now.

We'll see.

ls/vtec-crx
10-03-2008, 12:46 PM
i'm gonna try and bring the 335i and the wifey to bring the CSX. Try and run both cars tonight.

DonJuan
10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm gonna try and come out early this time.

Darkane
10-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Gonna try to bring the EG. Trying to find some tires right now!

Anyone have a set of slicks in 4x100 to lend or sell me?

Hoping for low 13's with good rubber.

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 01:08 PM
5:30 should be fine if you want to get there early. I don't think you need a helmet for either car but the ones they have are usually ok and go for 3-5$ can't remember.

Freebs you should let me try your car once to see if I can get it to hook better off the line lol, I've been known to lower ET's;)

Aleks
10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
If you have non DR or slick tires don't go in the water. It will just make your tires spin off the line. Also left lane > right lane in my exeprience.

Ekliptix
10-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm racing. Just got some MT Street ETs for the Z06.
12.2's, here I come!

Darkane
10-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Also left lane > right lane in my exeprience.

Agreed. I've hit my 2.2's on street tires in the left lane. Never in the right.

em2ab
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I got a Flames game at 7pm, think it'd be worth going after that? Anyone left around 10pm?

SprayGUN
10-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I'll be there wandering around taking photos again. I gotta get my shot from under / behind the tree this time..

flipstah
10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
so left lane for all season tires.

Also, what does the track look like?

ga16i
10-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Can someone please get a shot of my ragged black S13 staging, etc?

It's got a beyond.ca stick on the rear quarter window.

Thanks in advance.

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 03:03 PM
so left lane for all season tires.

Also, what does the track look like?

if there is no prep and with the light rainj this morning, expect it to hook less than on the street.

With that said I would probably think you should try and drop the clutch around 4k rpms and feather the clutch out of the box.

If it spins too much launch a bit lower on the next one, if it bogs, launch higher :).

flipstah
10-03-2008, 03:56 PM

if there is no prep and with the light rainj this morning, expect it to hook less than on the street.

With that said I would probably think you should try and drop the clutch around 4k rpms and feather the clutch out of the box.

If it spins too much launch a bit lower on the next one, if it bogs, launch higher :).

Don't worry about the clutch because its auto. Tranny swap soon though but dunno if its worth it.

Anyways does Secret Street count as a "special event"? Otherwise my comp tickets don't work

amorak
10-03-2008, 04:20 PM
If I show up around 8pm to tech, whats the chances of me getting to race?

CivicDXR
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
If you have non DR or slick tires don't go in the water. It will just make your tires spin off the line. Also left lane > right lane in my exeprience.

truth.

I'll be running tonight... I'm trying for the elusive 15.3 :D

Revhard
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Gonna try to bring the EG. Trying to find some tires right now!

Anyone have a set of slicks in 4x100 to lend or sell me?

Hoping for low 13's with good rubber.

I would gladly lend mine, but they are 5x114.3...
Sorry.:dunno:

Toms-SC
10-03-2008, 05:04 PM
can anybody take some pictures of the ms3 tonight?

Darkane
10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Revhard

I would gladly lend mine, but they are 5x114.3...
Sorry.:dunno:

Thanks bud. No worries I tracked down a set of Ecsta Supra's. We'll see If I can pull some 2.0's. They have nice stiff sidewall like azenis, so I can drop the Tire pressure right down on em.

Little favor to ask of anybody, could you take a vid of the Green boosted EG? That would be me, one of my friends just moved overseas and he wanted to see my car run.

Thanks!

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Don't hold your breath on the spt's the best I could ever do on mine was 2.2 and it was also a turbo civic...

CivicDXR
10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm in the tech line. It's looooooooong.

Revhard
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Thanks bud. No worries I tracked down a set of Ecsta Supra's. We'll see If I can pull some 2.0's. They have nice stiff sidewall like azenis, so I can drop the Tire pressure right down on em.

Little favor to ask of anybody, could you take a vid of the Green boosted EG? That would be me, one of my friends just moved overseas and he wanted to see my car run.

Thanks!

Stiff sidewalls are not good for dropping pressure. The tire will "cup" on stiff sidewalls with low pressure.

flipstah
10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Secret Street was so fun! Wish I could've gone to more... :(

My dad and I enjoyed watching. The Platinum Mitsubishi Evo was so quick. 10 seconds! :O

We brought the Integra along but we were short $5 so we didn't race. Complimentary spectating though. YAY!

Hopefully, there'll be a next time. Pics soon too!

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 09:27 PM
the Evo did not run 10 seconds man the effing timing system was garbage as usual.

Tonight was complete and utter shit for that. So many cars, this could have been a great night to spectate but instead they kept armdropping everyone and resetting the system every 10 mins.

I just left after their 5th attempt and after watching a 17 second pos car run 4.XX at 571mph...

Big :thumbsdow to RC on this one. They knew it was gonna be busy and yet again didn't ensure things would work and go smoothly.

flipstah
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
the Evo did not run 10 seconds man the effing timing system was garbage as usual.

Tonight was complete and utter shit for that. So many cars, this could have been a great night to spectate but instead they kept armdropping everyone and resetting the system every 10 mins.

I just left after their 5th attempt and after watching a 17 second pos car run 4.XX at 571mph...

Big :thumbsdow to RC on this one. They knew it was gonna be busy and yet again didn't ensure things would work and go smoothly.

Really?! Damn timing system. One run didn't display their times. :(

Saw some sick cars though. Maybe you spotted me? I kept walking up and down the tech line taking pictures. Spotted VW337 and his sick ride. Nice LCD by the way :D

With my Konica in hand of course ;)

Dj_Stylz
10-03-2008, 10:19 PM

:werd: I was going to run and saw how packed it was so i just decided to watch. Saw some nice cars. I felt sorry for people because they would wait like an hour in line and when it was their turn the timing system would mess up.

djayz
10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I just got home...busy night and nothing spectacular to watch either. I didn't read this thread before leaving otherwise I would've taken some pictures of some of the cars haha. I saw the ms3 and the green eg run.

Sorry ET we went down to the staging area to watch because it was so cold in the stands and never came back up. I was going to call but it was just too busy and I was freezing so we just stuck around down there hah.

A790
10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
shit, hope that guy that bailed on the bike is okay!

Darkane
10-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Fun night. No personal time for me, but best mph 103. Not bad for a 9psi single slam.

One run I had a 11.5 :rofl: Stupid timing.

Best 60 I could pull off was 2.443, christ.

I had a couple decent sessions in the water box though :D

B20EF
10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Pretty bad night, I was there for 2 1/2 hours and got two runs in, one of which I blew my charge pipe off and the other I just drove bad :(

Ekliptix
10-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Only got 1 run in before the timing went haywire.

60': 1.87 (lots of room for improvement)
1/8mi: 7.97
1/4mi: 12.31
mph: 115

Racing at Edmonton tomorrow. Hopefully knock 2/10ths off with a better launch and 1/10th with better air. 11's with headers, cam, tires, and a tune could be possible!?!:eek:

Toms-SC
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
That CRX with the Altezzas and fat can was possibly the most terrible thing I've ever seen run there.

Mr_ET
10-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by djayz
I just got home...busy night and nothing spectacular to watch either. I didn't read this thread before leaving otherwise I would've taken some pictures of some of the cars haha. I saw the ms3 and the green eg run.

Sorry ET we went down to the staging area to watch because it was so cold in the stands and never came back up. I was going to call but it was just too busy and I was freezing so we just stuck around down there hah.

no worries man

As for that CRX the sound was just inhumaine....

Darkane
10-03-2008, 11:07 PM

no worries man

As for that CRX the sound was just inhumaine....

How did my EG sound? I think it tends to sound a bit throatier in full boost because of the single cam and longer stroke, but never heard my car from the outside :D

ga16i
10-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Ran a 17.9 first run and 17.6 the second haha. Although there was significant tire spin, I'll have to say the CA18DET is slower in the 1/4 mi than my stock KA24DE.

My 60' was complete shite. 3.0+ both times, trapped fairly consistently too at 86.xxmph.

Aside from timing going down, it was off too?? umm... so should I consider my times good, or were they crap although consistent?

Thought something was weird, talked to some guy who ran a 15.xx, but trapped 70mph while I had a 17.xx at 86.xxmph

Freebs
10-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Well it was busy for the last night. I overheard one of the track guys saying they teched over 200 cars tonight, largest attendance this year he said. And he also said for sure there will be secret next year :D
:P while I couldn’t hit my 12's, I did get a 13.943 @108.99mph on my last run. May not have beaten my 13.5 from two weeks ago but I didn’t break any thing ahah.
Cant wait to see what ever one brings out next season

mboldt
10-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Biggest turn out for any track event I have ever been to, wow it was packed! Great to see... I hope someone got a lot of pictures of the amount of cars there... I wish that the cps / city of calgary could have come down to see the amount of people that could potentially be out street racing..

Mr_ET
10-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I heard some stupid young kids saying they were going to the street races after Secret Street so it still exists but at least everyone had a legal venue to go to for a few hours...

Darkane the single slam sounded decent lol but on one run it looked like your rear bumper was catching on your rear wheel and was shaking like crazy. Maybe it was just vibrating with the exhaust?

DonJuan
10-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I got 12's! It started off with the usual 13.5. But then I tried a slightly different launching strategy and staying forever in the burnout box and the times suddenly dropped to 13.0 and then 12.94@ 116mph and 12.93@ 117mph! I am sooo happy! Still lots of room for improvement though, the best 60 ft i could get is still 2.2.

Took down the Supercharged Mustang with the slicks (he had me, but he let off). Which leaves me undefeated for the '08 season!

blazzer
10-04-2008, 10:19 AM
man 2 bike crashes

one heating the tires and one guy catwalked like 3 times(all seperate runs) 3rd time he bailed and ran with his bike bassicly nose full in the air, deffenetly sucked for his bike,
anyone else see that?

other guy was when i was down in the pits he was heatin up and then just kinda got skiddish and fell over( he was one of the bikes with the blue neon)

think it was that one chick there( in yellow?) as well almost ate it hard half way down the track anyone see that?

flipstah
10-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
That CRX with the Altezzas and fat can was possibly the most terrible thing I've ever seen run there.

Is that the one where it sounded like backfire whenever he shifted?

My dad just laughed and said "go home."

yyc_tbird_sc
10-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Guys...last night was great. There was 216 cars/trucks tech'd and 27 bikes.

If anyone wants to know how the track works, or you would like us to walk you through the happenings at the track....all you have to do is find someone in a race city shirt on the drag track and we'll show you.

Yes, we had some timing problems. But if anyone here thinks that all we do is arrive and screw around until everyone shows up...keep thinking that. The timing system is tested six ways from sunday, the track is setup, and a good hand sweeping of anything big. The system is old, like 1984. New systems are in the range of $25-35,000.

Here's a challenge for anyone who wants to beak about what we (the volunteers) do out there......before you have the right to bitch, come out and spend an entire night working with us. This means from 4 when we show up, until about 12:45 when we get everything put away and finally leave. This all happens after we work our full time jobs too.

/end rant.

Freebs
10-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by yyc_tbird_sc

If anyone wants to know how the track works, or you would like us to walk you through the happenings at the track....all you have to do is find someone in a race city shirt on the drag track and we'll show you.

Yes, we had some timing problems. But if anyone here thinks that all we do is arrive and screw around until everyone shows up...keep thinking that. The timing system is tested six ways from sunday, the track is setup, and a good hand sweeping of anything big. The system is old, like 1984. New systems are in the range of $25-35,000.

Here's a challenge for anyone who wants to beak about what we (the volunteers) do out there......before you have the right to bitch, come out and spend an entire night working with us. This means from 4 when we show up, until about 12:45 when we get everything put away and finally leave. This all happens after we work our full time jobs too.

/end rant.

I defiantly agree. Although it sucked when I didn’t get a slip on one of my runs (ahaha of course it was one of my better launches) They did what they could and at least got you out running with an arm drop rather than sitting in line doing nothing.
Just a question for you yyc_tbird_sc, was there any VHT last night? Or is it only on the Wed. nights they do this?

flipstah
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
So is this the last one or will there be one more next Friday?

DonJuan
10-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by yyc_tbird_sc

/end rant.

I do appreciate the job you guys do. I don't even complain about the arm drop style, makes me feel like I'm on an episode of pinks, and remember the honda guy who's vtec wasn't working and wanted like 30 lengths. :D

And I am pretty sure I know who you are. You are the only guy who knows that my car is RWD without me pointing vigorously at the back wheels. I do appreciate it.

And to everyone else complaining. If you think you can do a better job, why dont you guys volunteer your time and effort every Friday night next year?
(Suddenly it gets quiet)

blazzer
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

I do appreciate the job you guys do. I don't even complain about the arm drop style, makes me feel like I'm on an episode of pinks, and remember the honda guy who's vtec wasn't working and wanted like 30 lengths. :D

And I am pretty sure I know who you are. You are the only guy who knows that my car is RWD without me pointing vigorously at the back wheels. I do appreciate it.

And to everyone else complaining. If you think you can do a better job, why dont you guys volunteer your time and effort every Friday night next year?
(Suddenly it gets quiet)

totally off subject but i saw ur car yesterday night upclose and it was sick man!

back on subject thought everyone did a killer good job as well considering how many people were there and the odd troulbe they ran in to they did more then imaculate was a great last night for secret street!

Team_Mclaren
10-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Super busy night, just too bad the the equipment crap ot again, totally not the volunteers fault, just shitty that the track itself is so beat and nothing ever works...

flipstah
10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Saw so many cool cars, most of them old school which totally rocked.

I wanted the neon-green Barracuda to win but he lost against that orange Nova.

Other than that travesty, Secret Street was fun! Busy busy night, so many people, so little time.

yyc_tbird_sc
10-04-2008, 05:52 PM
There is a light coat of VHT sprayed on the track. I believe it's to the 330' mark. Wednesday nights (when they were happening), did have more track prep.....but this is due to bigger and faster cars running that need the traction for safety. With no offense to the friday night guys, as traction could be had for all. It's that street tires just rip all the VHT off the track rather than actually helping it to stick better.

VHT itself is sticky (trust me, there are a pair of gloves permanently attached to the hand cart). But by itself, it can actually be slick. What helps it is warm track temperatures and rubber being laid down with it.

As for the FWD/RWD thing....I try. I do miss it once in a while. For some of the cars that are not known a whole lot, we tried putting an "F" on the windshield to help the guys out....and it worked. This may be a new thing, but it will have to wait..............

As far as I've heard, this friday was the last Secret Street event of the year. Now....there were some rumors flying, and I can't comment on those. But I can say to keep an eye on Race City's webpage as there is supposed to be announcements about secret street there. This is going to totally depend on the weather, availability of volunteers, medics/rescue, and of course Art and the other track staff.

PS....please hound your alderman regarding support for Race City if you'd like to see the city help. There has been alot of publicity lately, and every bit helps. We are (almost) all racers and voters.

white
10-04-2008, 08:34 PM
I to be honest was upset at paying $25.00 to run on the track and get a garbage time before it closed. i dont get how i can jump from 16.2 to 15.1 to 16.1. I know my crx would have hit a 14's. Also to much wheel spin, i kept getting off the gas and back on it to see if it would hook up and it didnt. But other then that i hope that if they build a new speedway that they wont have problems with the timing as much as race city always does.

VW337
10-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Last night was fun, my times were all over the place. On one of my slips it said I ran a 13.99 when the guy beside ran a 14.1 and he beat me by at least 80ft???
Anyways here's some pics I took last night, I know they could use some work...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1600.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1607.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1626.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1628.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1631.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1637.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1638.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1647-1.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1649.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1651.jpg
Anyone see what this thing ran?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1658.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1660.jpg

flipstah
10-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by VW337

Anyone see what this thing ran?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/tylerb14/IMG_1658.jpg

Very disappointing. I was expecting it to shoot flames or go very fast but nothing.

:dunno:

Freebs
10-04-2008, 11:24 PM
It was only running 1/8th mile from what I saw when I took a break from racing

Dj_Stylz
10-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Hey VW337 thanks for the shot of my car haha even though i wasn't running. Any info on that white ITR? Is he a member on here?

Mr_ET
10-05-2008, 07:47 AM
I spoke to him and he had i/h/e, cams, gears, intake manifold, test pipe and it was hondata tuned.

Only saw him run once and the timing wasn't working but I know a 17 second run when I see one.

He was hoping for low 14's with it but even with a good driver it didn't look like it was making enough power to run that.

VW337, when you guys ran the low 14 high 13 run the timing was defective so your times were faster on paper than they should have been (looked like a mid to high 15 second run):(

Happened quite a few times during the night. I wish I had been the guy that ran 4.XX at 571 mph:burnout: