PDA

View Full Version : FS:1986 Red AE86 Hatch(project car)

JDMAE86
09-16-2003, 11:07 AM
1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S (AE86)
Hatchback
Red
Black Interior
Power Sunroof
A/C
164,000 kms

Needs:
Heater controls
Steering wheel
Alternator
Ignition Harness to be installed

Never been heard running so Im not to sure if it runs.
Ignition Harness is cut someone tried to hot wire it.
New harness is in the trunk.
Last registered in AB.

Good project car or winter beater.
Asking $1000.00 OBO
Located in Calgary.
Selling for a friend.

Contact Greg
[email protected]

PICTURES HERE:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/turboae862003/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.view=t&BCID=turboae862003

choweyt3t4
09-16-2003, 01:28 PM
i'll winter beat you fool!!!:rofl: :rofl:

3G
09-16-2003, 02:50 PM
why so cheap

cocoabrova
09-16-2003, 03:57 PM
bizzizzump

Seanith
09-16-2003, 06:53 PM
bump for the corolla king :bigpimp:

JDMAE86
09-17-2003, 11:07 AM

Daddymax
09-22-2003, 12:24 PM
GOOD PRICE.

C_CRX
09-22-2003, 07:50 PM
if only it ran... but bump for a nice price!

dogstar
09-22-2003, 11:06 PM
if only it wasnt in calgary... lol, i need a winter project

Z24
09-24-2003, 04:51 PM
5 speed?

JDMAE86
09-24-2003, 05:20 PM
AE86 GT-S, comes only in 5-Speed
AE86 SR5 comes in manual and Auto

Z24
09-24-2003, 05:27 PM
where the car right now?

the-240sx-guy
09-24-2003, 05:36 PM
yeah, in that condition i'd only pay 500

dcoultis
09-24-2003, 10:05 PM
its a gts, you'll never find one for cheaper than 1000 unless your super lucky

Z24
09-24-2003, 10:49 PM
how about 800?

JDMAE86
09-24-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dcoultis
its a gts, you'll never find one for cheaper than 1000 unless your super lucky

Thank dcoultis, at least someone knows what a real GT-S is worth.

Originally posted by jennyanniemary
that too expensive i bought a sr5 for $100 and it ran with the 4ac,

Congratulations! You bought a Carburated 90 hp car without rear discs. Dont get me wrong that is a good deal but its and SR5. :dunno:

supaj87GTS
09-25-2003, 12:10 AM
I might be interested Gregg also does AEM make Cams for AE86??
and do you know where I can get some.. sorry for posting this.:dunno:

JDMAE86
09-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by supaj87GTS
I might be interested Gregg also does AEM make Cams for AE86??
and do you know where I can get some.. sorry for posting this.:dunno:

AEM does not make cams for any car. Let me know if you want those CAM Gears. If you have a question please email me next time, Id like to keep this thread on topic. Thanks

cocoabrova
09-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Bump for a homie, and your mad cow with sars and west nile has been shot.
That is all.

jennyanniemary
09-25-2003, 04:58 PM
whats the stat on it,
it not writen off right?
any leans on it?

jennyanniemary
09-25-2003, 05:02 PM
thats true a running and has all the parts gts will cost about 1500-2000, but this one is missing alot of parts and dont even know if it runs(gamble), about the sr5 i had what does it matter if its a sr5 or gts when the motor gonna get swapped anyways, the rear end can also be swapped and easily aquired, it just be easier to start with a gts, i think most ppl here only want the body of the cars just as ae86 and 240s, engine dont really matter

Originally posted by CRVTECT3/T4

Thank dcoultis, at least someone knows what a real GT-S is worth.

Congratulations! You bought a Carburated 90 hp car without rear discs. Dont get me wrong that is a good deal but its and SR5. :dunno:

dcoultis
09-25-2003, 11:02 PM
The motor and rear end isnt the only thing that is different between the SR5 and the gts. The trannys are different, interiors are way nicer in the gts, body is more aggresive on the gts, you need to change the whole wiring harness to put a "4AGE" into a SR5, there are many little things that make the gts the "better" car to start off with if you want to get a AE86 project car. It would cost double or triple the price to convert an SR5 to a gts like this car. For the price this car is worth it, you dont need to search for tons of parts, you just need to find a few "common parts" to put this one back together and you have a nice car for around $ 1000.00

JDMAE86
09-26-2003, 08:36 AM
The motor and rear end isnt the only thing that is different between the SR5 and the gts. The trannys are different, interiors are way nicer in the gts, body is more aggresive on the gts, you need to change the whole wiring harness to put a "4AGE" into a SR5, there are many little things that make the gts the "better" car to start off with if you want to get a AE86 project car. It would cost double or triple the price to convert an SR5 to a gts like this car. For the price this car is worth it, you dont need to search for tons of parts, you just need to find a few "common parts" to put this one back together and you have a nice car for around $ 1000.00

:werd: Your da pimp dcoultis!

JDMAE86
09-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all the interest.:clap:

jennyanniemary
09-26-2003, 06:10 PM
why do u want disc back anyways it just get seized up eventually, cars barely need back brakes anyways, the trany is is same , its the bell housing thats different the fork and hydraulics are on the wrong side, with a sr5 u know for sure its driven less hard then a gts cuz u cant drive a sr5 hard, its true its will cost more to convert a sr5 to gts for regular ppl, structually i think it the same, beside flashy stuff like spoilers and lip and skirts and stuff, abotu the engine u dont need a computer or harnes when u run dual sidedraft carbs, about the interior gonna get stripped anyways seat gonna be buckets... basciall i am only interesed in the body

jdmakkord
09-26-2003, 06:12 PM
why do u want disc back anyways it just get seized up eventually, cars barely need back brakes anyways, the trany is is same , its the bell housing thats different the fork and hydraulics are on the wrong side, with a sr5 u know for sure its driven less hard then a gts cuz u cant drive a sr5 hard, its true its will cost more to convert a sr5 to gts for regular ppl, structually i think it the same, beside flashy stuff like spoilers and lip and skirts and stuff, abotu the engine u dont need a computer or harnes when u run dual sidedraft carbs, about the interior gonna get stripped anyways seat gonna be buckets... basciall i am only interesed in the body

If you didn't need rear disks, I guess car makers have been doing it all wrong using them since the mid 80's. Fuck, why not just go back to 4 wheel drums then:rolleyes:

kevie88
09-26-2003, 06:22 PM
$1000 :rofl:

blueborat
09-27-2003, 10:47 PM
1000 is a little too much for a GTS that is not even in running condition... In Edmonton, I found two GTSes both are running for 8-900 dollars each.. But again... Body condition on the pictures seems decent..not too much rust... Why dont you just make sure the car is running so you can sell for higher price?? Like you said.. it just takes a little work to get it running. I think in this condition...(missing parts like grill, steering wheels, and dont know if the engine is even running) 700-800 is about right... And I might have a buyer who is interested.

method
09-28-2003, 01:42 AM

yeah you're gonna be so jdm drifter...

if you are seriously going to dump that kind of money into an ae86, you need your head checked.

there are better chassis' out there to start with. if you're doing it for image, then you're a poser.

oh right... you dont need a harness... except for everything besides the fuel injection.. wowie.

as for price... I bought my corolla in good running condition for 1500 bucks. I dumped in all the money for parts, paint, bodywork, blah blah blah. I let it go for 3200 bucks.

jennyanniemary
09-28-2003, 06:14 AM
fronts do about 70-80% of braking and with newer cars even more which mean rear brake dont matter that much, and drum are quite adaquate for such a light weight vehicle, why not 4 drums hey, if it can stop a 4000 pound car it shuold be able to stop a 86, abotu injection what do u tihnk cost more 1g for a haltech and then some more for injectors... or 300 for some used old schoool mikuni/webers, all uneed it s 3 psi regulator... the body looks okay in the pic but the paint on it is weird is like textured i dont nkow how to repaint it, gonna cost alot to get is all removed, i wonder who did the texture paint job on it, the engine turns over in this one, hope it runs

Originally posted by jdmakkord

If you didn't need rear disks, I guess car makers have been doing it all wrong using them since the mid 80's. Fuck, why not just go back to 4 wheel drums then:rolleyes:

Cueman
09-28-2003, 07:29 AM
abotu injection what do u tihnk cost more 1g for a haltech and then some more for injectors... or 300 for some used old schoool mikuni/webers, all uneed it s 3 psi regulator...

Yeah right. You've never run sidedrafts before have you.

jennyanniemary
09-28-2003, 11:44 AM
hehe, you busted me, i never did run them all i had was a old pair a mikunis 40 phh from a 9r corona but i never did find enough jets/venturies, pump,... for it, so i sold the and made money instead...
, your smart

Originally posted by Cueman

Yeah right. You've never run sidedrafts before have you.

dogstar
09-28-2003, 12:58 PM
side drafts are a PAIN in the ass....

id say itll cost you 1800-3000 for a good, new pair of them.

rear brakes do way more than you think... maybe you should get a good automotive text book and read through it, itll probably explain a lot more.

or fuck, go get a proper performance/rally driving book and read that... you will know how important rear discs are before you even finish.

im not even gonna get into the sr5 vs. gts debate, cause i dont know enough bout the differences, but its a moot point, cause the cars sold.... i think

JDMAE86
09-28-2003, 10:18 PM
SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

Thanks again everyone, no need to argue. The car is already sold, Im sure the new owner will decide what the right modifications should be on his new AE86.

Someone please CLOSE this thread.

method
09-28-2003, 11:27 PM
your smart

:rofl: