PDA

View Full Version : Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo Slice (NO SPOILER)

Dumbass17
10-04-2008, 07:08 PM
can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post me a link to the vid as soon as it comes up?!
i don't have cable
and don't post the spoiler, even tho we all know kimbo will win haha

hadookin
10-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
even tho we all know kimbo will win haha

:confused:

this is kimbo's first fight not against a nobody. I wouldn't give it to him just yet.

95teetee
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
read my message in the MMA thread- can't spoil what ain't happening:(

sorry I guess that's a spoiler;)

vipstyle2
10-04-2008, 07:13 PM
lol werd, cut above the eye my ass. I say :poosie:

Proyecto2000
10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Shamrock won't fight against Kimboby John Pollock, The Fight Network

Updated: October 4, 2008, 8:09 PM EST 3 comments add this RSS blog email Print Ken Shamrock will not be fighting on Saturday after being scheduled to face off against Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson in the Heavyweight main event in Sunrise, Fla.

Instead, Ferguson will fight Seth Petruzelli.

Read more at...

For more MMA news and features, check out thefightnetwork.com. Shamrock was training last night when he was accidentally head butted, causing a cut above his eye. Because of the injury, Shamrock was not medically cleared to fight by the Florida State Athletic Commission.

Slice was originally adamant about only fighting Ken, but officials are currently in "wait and see" mode and no official word has been made on the status of the main event.

95teetee
10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by vipstyle2
lol werd, cut above the eye my ass. I say :poosie: they showed him in a show-opening interview- definitely had fresh stitches there...

95teetee
10-04-2008, 07:17 PM
oh well- Gina's still there:poosie:

justincalgary
10-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Man, the first fight of the night was crazy for the first minute. That dude sure has a chin. Than a double knockdown...crazy!

SJW
10-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Holy shit is GINA Hot.

95teetee
10-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Holy shit is GINA Hot.
ain't she though?

:D

Dumbass17
10-05-2008, 12:01 AM
waaaaaat so they never fought?!

BigDannyCool
10-05-2008, 12:15 AM
no, kimbo got his ass knocked out by a replacement

npham
10-05-2008, 12:35 AM
That Kimbo fight was staged, that replacement had the fight with Kimbo on his myspace page. :thumbsdow

eglove
10-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by npham
That Kimbo fight was staged, that replacement had the fight with Kimbo on his myspace page. :thumbsdow

link? can't find it on his page?

edit: wow... less than 14 seconds. wtf

it doesn't even look like kimbo is getting hit...

DelSoln
10-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Watching Gina's towel fall off during weigh ins created more excitement then this card. Although I did like watching Arlovski destroy Nelson.

pf0sh0
10-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Didn't kimbo get KO'd tonight?

k_dawg
10-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
Didn't kimbo get KO'd tonight?

Yep in like 14 seconds by Seth Petruzelli

colinxx235
10-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by npham

sorry.. but how was that staged?? kimbo got his ass kicked going for a showstopper... serves him right, stupid gongshow brawler style

pf0sh0
10-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Anyone got a link to the short ass video. :rolleyes:

edit: nvm I searched...

http://www.mmaroot.com/kimbo-slice-vs-seth-petruzelli-elitexc-video/

KeepItGully
10-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
Watching Gina's towel fall off during weigh ins created more excitement then this card. Although I did like watching Arlovski destroy Nelson.

Destroy?

Hardly. Nelson's fat ass surprisingly held it with Arlovski the first round. He was clearly exhausted and out of shape in the second round. Affliction is a joke.

bigbadboss101
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Not much of a punch Kimbo took though.

sexualbanana
10-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Not much of a punch Kimbo took though.

Doesn't take much a punch when you lead with your head and get nailed on the chin for it.

heavyD
10-05-2008, 03:39 PM
What a nightmare scenario for Elite XC. Shamrock is a shadow of his former self having lost his last 6 fights and most of them in the 1st round. They were hoping that Slice would be able to lay a beating on a fighter that was once a big name in MMA to get some credibility. Seth Petruzelli is an average fighter that got dropped by the UFC and he pounded Slice despite having a 20 pound weight disadvantage with ease. Could you imagine what a top UFC heavyweight would could to to Slice? Looks like the gravy train is over for Elite XC.

tm88
10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
It was far from a pounding.
This reminded me of the liddell and rampage fight. Sometimes all it takes is one shot and sometimes it takes many. Depends where you get him and if his mouth is open or not.

Obviously Kimbo was full of himself attacking right away, his mouth is open leaving him susceptible to being knocked out...typical karate style with the leg out front keeping the enemy at a distance and kimbo lead with his face.....
The rest is history.

einstein135
10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
look on the cage patatoe website... google it, has all the fights.

Gina is smoking hot.... Seth got super lucky! lol

heavyD
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by tm88
It was far from a pounding.
This reminded me of the liddell and rampage fight. Sometimes all it takes is one shot and sometimes it takes many. Depends where you get him and if his mouth is open or not.

Obviously Kimbo was full of himself attacking right away, his mouth is open leaving him susceptible to being knocked out...typical karate style with the leg out front keeping the enemy at a distance and kimbo lead with his face.....
The rest is history.

Far form a pounding? Kimbo didn't even know what was going on when the ref stopped the fight. Petruzelli said the punch that stunned Kimbo wasn't even that hard. Kimbo is a joke and all the predictions from Dana White and others were confirmed.

ae92gts
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I am so happy that kimbo got knocked off his high horse, and its even better it happend so quickly :D

TKRIS
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by einstein135
Seth got super lucky! lol

I love it when someone does exactly what's needed to win, goes in with a great gameplan, and executes quickly...only to have a bunch of keyboard warriors call it luck.

That wasn't luck. It wasn't like he was flailing his arms around, smacked the side of the cage which then shook a light loose and it fell on Kimbo's head.

He slowed Kimbo's bullrush with a push kick, let him come in leading with his chin, then gave him a smack. A punch doesn't need to be too hard if the other guy is going to use his own power to smash into it head first.

Seth didn't get lucky. Kimbo made the same stupid fucking mistake he makes in every fight and Seth capitalized on it.

ae92gts
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

I love it when someone does exactly what's needed to win, goes in with a great gameplan, and executes quickly...only to have a bunch of keyboard warriors call it luck.

That wasn't luck. It wasn't like he was flailing his arms around, smacked the side of the cage which then shook a light loose and it fell on Kimbo's head.

He slowed Kimbo's bullrush with a push kick, let him come in leading with his chin, then gave him a smack. A punch doesn't need to be too hard if the other guy is going to use his own power to smash into it head first.

Seth didn't get lucky. Kimbo made the same stupid fucking mistake he makes in every fight and Seth capitalized on it.

:werd:

BigDannyCool
10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
i only watch elite ec for Gina.

Mibz
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM

Seth didn't get lucky. Kimbo made the same stupid fucking mistake he makes in every fight and Seth capitalized on it. I had this exact conversation after Evans knocked out Liddell.

TKRIS
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I had this exact conversation after Evans knocked out Liddell.

So did I.

sexualbanana
10-06-2008, 07:17 PM

So did I.

I have this exact conversation everyime Kimbo fights.

Graham_A_M
10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Shamrock is way too old for this. His time is long since past.
I'm surprised hes still even doing this.

tm88
10-06-2008, 08:50 PM
I think we have different terms of a pounding. To me when someone is pounded on it is more than a one punch win. It is more like 5 minutes of taking a beating before you loose.
Thats what the fight was, a 1 punch win. Yea sure he needed a few more to finish it...but honestly i could have finished him after that first punch.

Originally posted by heavyD

Far form a pounding? Kimbo didn't even know what was going on when the ref stopped the fight. Petruzelli said the punch that stunned Kimbo wasn't even that hard. Kimbo is a joke and all the predictions from Dana White and others were confirmed.

89coupe
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Yeh, you're right. I mean geez, look at Couture, he's 45, one year older then Shamrock, he's washed up too.

LOL:rofl:

heavyD
10-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by tm88
I think we have different terms of a pounding. To me when someone is pounded on it is more than a one punch win. It is more like 5 minutes of taking a beating before you loose.
Thats what the fight was, a 1 punch win. Yea sure he needed a few more to finish it...but honestly i could have finished him after that first punch.

Didn't Mike Tyson make an early career of finishing off opponents quickly with one punch?:dunno: If you get knocked out and take another ten or so punches to the face I would say that you got pounded.

heavyD
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Shamrock would have beaten Kimbo Slice though.