PDA

View Full Version : marketplace question

spikerS
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
so, i just had a question about etiquette with regards to others and their posting of vehicles or whatever is listed.

I know to stay out of the thread if I am not interested in buying, but what if I was, went to see said item, and found something wrong that was not listed buy the seller?

as a member of beyond in good standing, should said person post something about it? or do you just shut up about it and let the buyer beware rule stand up?

If we were to post something into another thread like this, like for example:

I went to look at the car, and noticed that there was a knock to the engine when above 2000 rpm

would this be grounds to lose trader rating, or would this behavior be encouraged?

Kloubek
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Good question.

IMO, such things should be allowed. But of course, that opens up the possibility of abuse, and untrue claims - and when the owner fights back, I'm not sure the mods want to deal with that....

spikerS
10-05-2008, 10:02 PM
true, but if it was a statement of fact of what was observed...like oil leaking and where, if was untrue, owner could snap a pic and be done with it, and other would lose trader rating.

but in the effort to keep things simple....:dunno:

EK 2.0
10-06-2008, 12:18 AM
But snapping a pic to disprove an oil leak claim is a lot easier than proving there is no rod knock to a motor...

I like the idea of warning potential buyers of a shady salesperson. But on the flip side the buyer SHOULD have done his/her research.

Let's see what the powers that be above myself have to say and we can make a new rules I guess...

soupey
10-06-2008, 01:20 AM
i would say if a potential buyer has gone out and seen an item, and chose not to buy it, their feedback (if helpful to another beyonder) should definitely be fair game. beyond is a community of people that should be helping each other out, not watching and waiting to see each other get screwed by shady sellers or bad used vehicles. I'm sure some buyer's are more mechanically inclined and will find potential problems that other buyers may not...which would be beneficial for the buyer anyways.

spikerS
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
so EK, do we have any word on this yet? I have been trying to figgure out if i should post something, but not sure if I should.

em2ab
10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
No. I've come to the realization that even if you're right about something and the moderator is wrong, they'll still thug their way into decreasing your user rating and deleting their mistake to cover it up. :dunno:

Just post whatever you want man, who cares.

kenny
10-06-2008, 01:13 PM
The user rating deduction was implemented to stop posts like:

"Great car!, I'd buy if I had the $$"
"Bump for a great seller"
"Nice car, what are you getting next?"

etc, etc.

If the post is relevant to the thread and you have some interest in the item being sold, it will not be replaced.

However, if you troll around to every for sale post and point out missing info then yes we will likely replace your posts and/or ban you.

LadyLuck
10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by spikers
so EK, do we have any word on this yet? I have been trying to figgure out if i should post something, but not sure if I should.

so you're saying you've got some dirt on another seller???

Spill the beans!!!

em2ab
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
And if the poster asks your opinion of which price he should list the car at and you answer him honestly, then you also get your post deleted and user rating deducted. Then when you explain what happened, it gets deleted again and your user rating deducted some more. So it's pretty much a craps shoot.

spikerS
10-06-2008, 01:26 PM
so for example, If i went and looked at a set of tires, and noticed that 1 had a nail in it and would need to be repaired, if i came back and posted that, it would be fine?

LadyLuck
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by spikers
so for example, If i went and looked at a set of tires, and noticed that 1 had a nail in it and would need to be repaired, if i came back and posted that, it would be fine?

i think if the seller failed to mention that part, you should have every right to. Safe someone else a trip

Kloubek
10-06-2008, 01:33 PM
em2ab: You seem a little bitter. :)

em2ab
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
em2ab: You seem a little bitter. :)

:cry: