PDA

View Full Version : Free local calling from Rogers...

bart
09-16-2003, 05:59 PM
... for students to students. I dont know if anyone heard about this, so i'm mentioning it. Call Rogers customer service, say you want to sign up for "The student to student" offer. Give them your id #, and thats about it. Its open to students of any post secondary school I think. Anyway, once you sign up, you can call your friends who are always signed up with this feature and talk all you want, anytime for free. And its free to sign up.

roopi
09-16-2003, 06:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it isn't free to sign up to this. Both parties on a call must be Rogers AT&T Wireless Campus Calling subscribers attending the same school for the call to be rated as no charge.

Fido has a similar program. It is unlimited time between Fido subscribers. There is a monthly fee for it. Not as limited as Rogers.

bart
09-16-2003, 08:05 PM
no its free, because i already signed up. its good for 2 years, then if i'm a student in 2 years still, i just call again and renew.

kenny
09-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Haha I guess this is Rogers solution to the thousands of dropped calls that students encounter while calling other students using Rogers while on campus :)

bart
09-16-2003, 08:12 PM
here is the info:

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wireless/promotions/campus_calling.asp

i dunno, so far my phone is working fine on campus. either way, most people i know attend the u of c, this way i can get the $20 plan and still talk as much as i want without going over, lol.

bart
09-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Haha I guess this is Rogers solution to the thousands of dropped calls that students encounter while calling other students using Rogers while on campus :)

ok now, you got me thinking, is this only good while in the general reception around campus antennas? or does it matter where i am in the city? that part i didnt ask about.

Shaolin
09-16-2003, 08:37 PM
i'm going to look into it.. it's about time they did this though.. Fido had unlimited calling with fellow subscribers, but i don't know anything more about it.. looks like a good deal though.

roopi
09-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by bart

ok now, you got me thinking, is this only good while in the general reception around campus antennas? or does it matter where i am in the city? that part i didnt ask about.

as far as i know it only works with other people with rogers who subscribe to the campus calling feature. both people have to attend the same school

i'm not sure if both of you have to be on campus or not.

szw
09-17-2003, 02:48 PM
You don't have to be on campus, you can call anywhere any time of day (locally) but to get a free call, the person you are calling must be on rogers and signed onto this plan also. Doesn't have to be the same school.

hinggu
09-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
i'm going to look into it.. it's about time they did this though.. Fido had unlimited calling with fellow subscribers, but i don't know anything more about it.. looks like a good deal though.

I just signed up to this plan. It is basically $25 and there is unlimted local calling between fido subscribers, for you. If the person you are calling does not have the plan, he gets billed minutes. You also get 100 day mins and 1000 weekend/evening mins. Pretty good deal I thought, if most of the people you call are on fido

Shaolin
09-17-2003, 02:58 PM
ok, i'm assuming this rogers campus plan is free, and nothing on top of your current rogers plan? I didn't read the terms and conditions and no one mentioned it whether it was free or not.. if it's free, i'm gonna go apply as well

Weapon_R
09-17-2003, 03:38 PM
It's free, but the people who you call must also sign up, must attend the same school, etc.