PDA

View Full Version : US car with Rebuilt Title...

import_rider
10-06-2008, 11:01 AM
My friend wants to buy a US car with a rebuilt Texas title... Does anyone know if this car has to undergo a salvage inspection in Alberta or just the OOP and RIV since it is already registered as a Rebuilt.

The car has a rebuilt title due to theft recovery where the interior was completley stripped so no accidents.

rc2002
10-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Do a search for the guy who brought his Integra over and couldn't register it because of the title. He ended up parting out the car since it couldn't be driven legally here.

I'd stay away from rebuilts just to avoid the issue altogether.

Supa Dexta
10-06-2008, 04:27 PM
You have to be hurtin' to WANT to buy a rebuilt.

shaggin
10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
My friend called alberta transit today and they said as long as it has not been involved in a flood, bring it right up... no salvage inspection needed as long as it has a rebuilt title.

Yeah I guess my friend was hurting he saved almost $11000 on a car that all it needed was a interior that was replaced and no is in perfect condition

shaggin
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Call alberta transportation

Supa Dexta
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by shaggin
My friend called alberta transit today and they said as long as it has not been involved in a flood, bring it right up... no salvage inspection needed as long as it has a rebuilt title.

Yeah I guess my friend was hurting he saved almost $11000 on a car that all it needed was a interior that was replaced and no is in perfect condition

I saved that too. On a perfect condition vehicle. Sooo?

schocker
10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
It is generally best to avoid salvage or rebuilt title vehicles from the US.

import_rider
10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shaggin

Yeah I guess my friend was hurting he saved almost $11000 on a car that all it needed was a interior that was replaced and no is in perfect condition [/QUO

I will tell him to call AB transit, yeah he would never really buy a salvage vehicle if it has been invloved in any physical damage but it's incredible how much he is saving.... and its alot more than $11K it actually closer to $20K he actually just had it checked out from a friend down there and the car is in incredible shape, the interior is perfect as well... so I hope he can bring it up.

import_rider
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
You have to be hurtin' to WANT to buy a rebuilt.

Thanks for your 2 cents supa... it really helped the thread

Casa
10-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by schocker
It is generally best to avoid salvage or rebuilt title vehicles from the US.

x2

why is this guy posting a thread when he knows all the answers to his questions?

Supa Dexta
10-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by import_rider

Thanks for your 2 cents supa... it really helped the thread

Anytime... Now if you would explain how it isn't? Sure everyone likes a deal, but when that deal comes at the price of a previously damaged unit, or say putting someone in a vehicle that would normally be out of their league, just to "look" the part... Or even down the road having yet another junker on canadian roads and pawning it off on some unsuspecting fellow.. etc... No one will argue a rebuilt is ever as good as a clean titled,.. So am I right? He just wants a cheap expensive car? Not looking to fight or argue, but thats the only thing I can think of for WANTING one. But with you saying "no physical damage".. why was it rebuilt? stolen? I guess that would be the best case scenario

97'Scort
10-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by import_rider
Iand its alot more than $11K it actually closer to $20K he actually just had it checked out from a friend down there and the car is in incredible shape, the interior is perfect as well... so I hope he can bring it up. [/B]
You know how many yahoos can weld two cars together and make it LOOK pretty darn good? There is a reason it's $20k off!

FiveFreshFish
10-07-2008, 01:09 AM
When it comes time to sell, buyers will expect to get a premium discount because it is a rebuilt, just as you are now expecting the seller to give you one hell of a price.