PDA

View Full Version : dakota- 1, crx- 0 WHAT A BAD DAY

pulse_crx
09-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Just need to vent.
Heres the story. Driving to pick up my friend in bearspaw to go check out an AE86, and possibly sell my car. Just about to turn off, doing speed limit, with this big ass Dakota tailgaiting me, signal left, half way through turn BAM! Dakota tried to pass me while i was turned, i get shot into the ditch. So my car is written off. The dakota, just some bumper damage. What a fucking day.
Goodbye CRX. it was fun while it lasted.

Kurtis

B69
09-16-2003, 07:00 PM
shit man that totaly sucks, how extensive is the damage? sorry for your loss i have a crx too its gotta suck

pulse_crx
09-16-2003, 07:02 PM
its written off.

Fluidic
09-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Damn

Melinda
09-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Were you hurt at all? :(

/////AMG
09-16-2003, 08:21 PM
DAMN, what bad luck, did the guy take off or what? You ok right? Sorry to hear about your car man!

Kamen
09-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Oh man harsh...sorry to hear about that. You ok man?

pulse_crx
09-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the concern. Neck and back a bit stiff, going to the chiropractor tomorrow. He didnt take off. He was a nice guy about it, but with any accident there are going to be conflicts, now I play the waiting game with no car.

DUBBED
09-16-2003, 08:53 PM
dude take my advice and sue for whatever you can get out of it...

in the future you will get dinged with insurance hikes just because you were involved in an accident nevermind who was at fault!! it happened to me

OWNED
09-16-2003, 08:54 PM
fuck dood thats soo shitty.. a similar thing happened to me and my friend today on the way to school. We were driving up 19 street. NW goin west, and the light turned yellow, but we were past the "point of no reutrn" so we really couldn't stop, then this school bus rips around the corner, and we fuckin smoked it goin like 70. My buddy (celicast### on this site) car was totally fucked. Who do you guys this is to blame?

CRXguy
09-16-2003, 09:02 PM
another crx go bye-bye! :(

cocoabrova
09-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear. This weather we're having tends to brings out the "best" in drivers, even though the shit just melts away:thumbsdow

illeagle
09-16-2003, 10:21 PM
yah press charges-- and wonder why insurance is high, if it wasen't a hard hit don't sue, by the way it doesen't take much to write off an old crx, one you get to 80% of what the car is worth, it's a write off, so that's like what, $800.00?:dunno:

pulse_crx
09-16-2003, 10:43 PM
its not old. Its a 90. and 80% isnt 800. I paid 4000 for it 8 months ago, and have invested 2000 into it. Also, i dont think the weather really was a factor in this. The guy was just a blind idiot who cant see turn signals or brake lights

illeagle
09-16-2003, 10:45 PM
my bad, one more time - following too close, with a slow brain

88CRX
09-16-2003, 10:48 PM
nooooooooooooo..... another rex down... fuck that sucks.

and i wanted those springs :banghead:

403Gemini
09-16-2003, 10:59 PM
thats why i keep a baseball bat in my trunk, never know when a good game of baseball will break out ;) i woulda made his truck look like my car :D j/k

Bud im just happy your safe and okay, you take care aight?

illeagle
09-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
thats why i keep a baseball bat in my trunk, never know when a good game of baseball will break out ;) i woulda made his truck look like my car :D j/k

Bud im just happy your safe and okay, you take care aight?
fuck your violent
:devil:

Ben
09-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by pulse_crx
its not old. Its a 90. and 80% isnt 800. I paid 4000 for it 8 months ago, and have invested 2000 into it. Also, i dont think the weather really was a factor in this. The guy was just a blind idiot who cant see turn signals or brake lights

unfortunatly you will see the joys of Blackbook value. Dont even remotely think you will get anything close to what your car is worth.

with older cars/modified cars you have to get them appraised and insured as "replacement cost". Cause market value and wholesale/blackbook is 2 totally different things.

According to black book my car is worth 1500 bucks, but its worth many times that on the market. you wanna see any of the money you put into it back, you gotta insure it. Sucks...

roopi
09-17-2003, 01:34 AM
i suggest you start collecting some auto traders and classifieds that have your same car for sale so you can show them the current value of your car to help with your settlement.

this actually worked for me. they were trying to give us less than the vehicle was selling for on the market so we collected some info and passed it on and they upped the settlement.

sml
09-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Sorry to hear. This weather we're having tends to brings out the "best" in drivers, even though the shit just melts away:thumbsdow

I hear ya... That's why I've been driving the beater civic all week!!! :rofl:

Lo)2enz0
09-17-2003, 10:57 AM
pulse_crx was comming to pick me up and I couldn't believe what happened because i saw his car up the street and thought he was asking for directions or something but than I saw his driver side smashed in. Trust me this guy who hit him is a dick, late at night he turns his brights on when he is behind someone to get them going fast that basically blinds someone when its shining in your face via the mirrors. I just couldn't believe it happened to kurt, proves that dumbass's shouldn't be driving.

Laurier

littledan
09-17-2003, 11:07 AM
ouch that sucks pulse. that's what sucks when you have a nice ride that is an older model. if something happens you can't necessarily just go out and replace it with something in the same condition. insurance should give you extra ha!

pulse_crx
09-17-2003, 11:12 AM
We decided to not go through insurance. I knew ahead of time, that I would get nothing through insurance, Turns out the guy has alot of demerits and cant afford to go through insurance as he will loose his job. So he is buying the car off me. Not cheap either. So his downside will be my upside, That is getting alot more than my car is worth.

littledan
09-17-2003, 11:24 AM
make sure you are feeling ok. you don't want to settle and then find out your back is all mangled.

pulse_crx
09-17-2003, 11:26 AM
I am going to the chiropractor today. He is a family friend, so he well tell me if any thing is misaligned, etc. Also going for a massage tonight.