PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1800 Sq Ft Inglewood Home Facing The Wildlands Park - Walk to Flames Games!

cmyden
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
UPDATED: December 10th, 2008 - Massive price drop!

NEW PRICE: $319,900
(78% of city assessed value, my attempt to be the most aggressively priced inner city townhouse in Calgary!)

NOTE: This will be going up on MLS tomorrow

Dec 10:
This past August I tried to sell it myself without an agent, by having it placed on MLS for a flat fee. Well, the market slowed to a crawl, and the reality is, only a handful of townhouses sold in the inner city in October/November.

So, it seems to me, the only places that are going to sell are the ones being very aggressive with their price. I signed with a realtor, who sent me the listing prices of all inner city townhouses between 1100-1300 square feet.

After looking at those numbers, I came up with what I feel will be the most aggressively priced townhouse on the market, and will be listed at 78% of it's city assessed value, which is $410,500. (The next most aggressively priced townhouse is 85%, and most of them are around 90-92%).

I'm hoping this new price, combined with the pool table/home theater package, will attract a lot of buyers, most of whom are looking for that great bargain out there, and rightfully so.

If you have any questions about the place, the area, or would like to come check the place out, just give me a shout.

Chris

Pictures & Further Description at http://www.Ingle73.com

Price: $319,900

http://www.ingle73.com/pic1_medium.jpghttp://www.ingle73.com/pic2_medium.jpg
http://www.ingle73.com/pic3_medium.jpghttp://www.ingle73.com/pic4_medium.jpg
http://www.ingle73.com/pic5_medium.jpghttp://www.ingle73.com/pic8_medium.jpg

FEATURES:

- 1800 Sq Ft of developed space, including a fully developed basement.

- 2 bedrooms PLUS an additional office space.

- 3 bathrooms (1 is a 4 piece, the other 2 are 2 piece, including an ensuite in the master bedroom)

- Attached garage

- Large kitchen with a walkaround island, great for entertaining

- Fully developed basement with a home theatre area, including in-wall wiring, separate component room, and 10 foot projection screen. There's even a pool table!

- Master bedroom features an ensuite, a walk-in closet, and unbelievable view!

- The view from the patio is incredible, your backyard is literally the scenic (and quiet) Inglewood Wildlands reserve. Nobody can ever develop this protected area!

- Vacuuflow, wired for security, this place has it all, believe me.

OTHER THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS PLACE:

- It's in Inglewood! And just the right distance from all the shops, restaurants, etc. It's also in what I consider to be the nicest section of this great community (school, bird sanctuary, golf course, bow river, and the perfect distance from downtown in my opinion)

- Tennis court at the end of the street. Bow River bike path system at your doorstep!

- It's quiet! You won't believe this kind of natural setting exists in the inner city.

- Access to Deerfoot is a snap. Exit garage, make 2 right turns, drive 1/2km, and you're on Deerfoot.

- 10 minute access to downtown! Look at the location (http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2318+17+St+SE,+Calgary,+AB&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=42.090987,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=51.039829,-114.014826&spn=0.039885,0.077248&z=14&source=embed) on Google Maps, it's just the right distance from everything!

Check out http://www.Ingle73.com for pictures and details, or contact me for a showing (info below).

Chris

spikerS
10-06-2008, 10:57 PM
just curious, are you leaving the TV for the purchaser? also, is that a 2 car garage, or just a single? it looks really long to be a single.

What are the monthly fees for this, and do they include anything, or they just straight fees?

cmyden
10-07-2008, 09:02 AM
just curious, are you leaving the TV for the purchaser? also, is that a 2 car garage, or just a single? it looks really long to be a single.

What are the monthly fees for this, and do they include anything, or they just straight fees?

Hi Spikers,

The price includes the standard appliances (fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer/dryer) but if somebody offered me X amount of dollars if I left the projector, screen, and/or pool table, it would be strongly considered.

The garage is just a single, I think the angle of the pic makes it look longer. There is quite a bit of extra room for storage in the garage though, and one wall is fully shelved.

The monthly fees are $219, and include insurance, snow removal, landscaping, exterior maintenance, etc. Everything but gas/water/electricity which are under your own meter.

If you have any other questions, or would like to set up a time to view the place, just give me a shout. It can be viewed any day of the week, any time!

Chris

Crymson
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
You're pretty much implying the screen and table come with the house. I find it somewhat dishonest to not explicity say that they must be negotiated into the price.

That said, it's a really nice place. How long to walk dt from there and in the winter, is there a good bus?

TomcoPDR
10-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by cmyden

- Fully developed basement with a home theatre area, including in-wall wiring, separate component room, and 10 foot projection screen. There's even a pool table!

Originally posted by Crymson
You're pretty much implying the screen and table come with the house. I find it somewhat dishonest to not explicity say that they must be negotiated into the price.

:werd:

Anyways, what's the house front facing? (South, North, etc...)

cmyden
10-07-2008, 02:38 PM
That said, it's a really nice place. How long to walk dt from there and in the winter, is there a good bus?

Hi Crymson,

It would be about a 30-40 min walk to work, depending on where you worked downtown. Most people would prefer the 10-15 min bike ride, along the Bow River pathway, which is easily accessible.

It's about a 5 minute walk to 9th ave, where you can catch one of the numerous bus lines that head into downtown. I think there are at least 4 bus lines along 9th that head in?

For me, it's the perfect location, because you're just far enough from downtown to be away from the noise, undesirable elements, etc. But yet, you're close enough to easily walk to all the shops, restaurants in Inglewood when you want to.

I would encourage anyone looking for a place in the inner city (even if it's not mine!) to check out this part of Inglewood.

It really is pretty unique, my backyard is the Inglewood Wildlands park, and when you sit on the patio, it feels like you're out in the country somewhere, and it's hard to believe it's the inner city.

Chris

cmyden
10-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Anyways, what's the house front facing? (South, North, etc...)

Hi Tomco,

The front of the house faces West towards downtown.

For anyone that works from home, I can tell you that the office (on the top level) is perfect, because the sun doesn't start beating down on you through the office window until 5 or 6PM.

So it makes for a comfortable work day, and from the office you can see right through to the East facing master bedroom windows, which have views of the Wildlands Park.

Chris

cmyden
10-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanksgiving bump!

cmyden
10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
I was using them as negotiating chips before, but now make me an offer and I'll include...

Home theatre projection system (high def), calibrated for perfection!

Home theatre screen

Speakers (5.1) / Sub / Amp

Custom made pool table

and remember, I can make a true FSBO deal (price flexibility!) because I paid a flat fee to be on MLS.

Or you can bring your agent, and they will receive their standard commission.

Chris

http://www.Ingle73.com

rage2
10-15-2008, 11:12 AM
why was this deleted Kev?

cmyden
10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Uhm, did I break a forum guideline?

My apologies if I did, not really sure what it would be though?

My post was gone, and now it's back?

black_radiation
10-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Trade for a Cranston Condo w/ tons of extras and reno's? lol they are worth about the same price. I would love to buy your house if I could just sell mine. You are probably in the same boat I am... no one wants to buy anything these days...

cmyden
10-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Trade for a Cranston Condo w/ tons of extras and reno's? lol they are worth about the same price. I would love to buy your house if I could just sell mine. You are probably in the same boat I am... no one wants to buy anything these days...

Haha, actually in this kind of market there might be people that *are* looking to trade houses.

I know in my situation, the girlfriend and I are each selling so we can buy a inner-city home together.

Maybe there's a couple out there getting a divorce that wants to trade their inner city house for 2 inner city townhomes?

Chris

black_radiation
10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
well you have an awesome place and I'd love to have that home theatre room , good luck with your sale:thumbsup:

cmyden
10-15-2008, 04:46 PM
well you have an awesome place and I'd love to have that home theatre room , good luck with your sale

Thanks man, you too!

Redlyne_mr2
10-15-2008, 11:45 PM
How much are property taxes roughly?

cmyden
10-16-2008, 08:13 AM
How much are property taxes roughly?

Hi Redlyne,

They are $155/month ($1860/year).

If you'd like to see the place, just let me know. It's available for viewing any time of the day.

Chris

cmyden
10-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Post Thanksgiving bump!

Help me move before it gets too cold :)

cmyden
10-29-2008, 05:47 PM
There has to be *someone* in this town that wants to move to the inner city?

Chris

interlude
10-30-2008, 10:13 AM
I do.. unless you wanna trade for a townhouse in royal oak! :)

cmyden
10-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I do.. unless you wanna trade for a townhouse in royal oak!

Hmmmm, that might make walking to downtown a bit more difficult for me, but I'd be in pretty good shape!

That's the problem, I've had lots of interested parties, but they all have houses of their own to sell, and the market is in a standstill!

cmyden
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
OPEN HOUSE: Sunday, November 9th 2:00 - 4:00 PM

ADDRESS: 2318 17 St SE (Unit 73)

Google Map (http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=
2318+17+st+SE+calgary&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=3
8.991179,79.101563&ie=UTF8&z=16&g=2318+17+st+SE+
calgary)

Come on by!

Chris

interlude
11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Any incentives to buy? The builders these days are offering free mortgage payments up to a year (max $20,000), a paid trip to France, or a cheap car. :thumbsup:

Just kidding.. good luck with the sale. I would love to buy it off of you, but I would need to sell my place first. With the market these days, I dont think it will sell.

cmyden
11-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Interlude,

Incentives are great, but hopefully buyers are smart enough to realize that the price should be lowered by $20k rather than receiving a free $10k trip to France :)

I am throwing in the home theater though, along with the pool table!

Chris

cmyden
12-10-2008, 12:34 PM
DEC 10: MASSIVE PRICE DROP! (SEE FIRST POST)

cmyden
12-18-2008, 12:19 PM
One week bump - Brave the cold weather and come check it out!

cmyden
12-18-2008, 03:17 PM
My realtor just called and told me that I received an offer today.

Not trying to apply any 'fake pressure' or anything, just the truth.

If anyone out there is kinda-sort-maybe considering taking a look, now would be the time.

Most people say 'It looks like a really nice place!' based on the pictures, and the ones that have taken a look say 'The pictures don't do it justice!'

It's a great place, and a great price, so any fence-sitters out there, give me a shout!

Chris