PDA

View Full Version : stupid ass FNF drivers..

lammer
09-16-2003, 09:03 PM
man some idiot today in an integra was tailing a truck on barlow going south, i was beside the truck. so we near a light i slow down a bit, the truck goes for a left turn, the fucking idiot in the integra being to close, fucking swerves into my lane almost sideswipping me. fucking tard man. i had to cross into the shoulder of the road to avoid getting swipped by this stupid donkey fuck.

and at work today some old dude nailed a truck he then continued to run into a red/green light pole, smashed his car, and injured his passenger. way to go!

GTS Jeff
09-16-2003, 09:20 PM
meh shit happens all the time.

Z24
09-16-2003, 09:22 PM
calgary has some of the worst drivers

ryder_23
09-16-2003, 09:23 PM
:banghead: stupid fnf drivers

pulse_crx
09-16-2003, 09:34 PM
i will have to agree on that. car was written off tonight because of one.

illeagle
09-16-2003, 09:54 PM
some people have no limit and self control, Know when to give'er and when to back off

403Gemini
09-16-2003, 11:00 PM
not even the fnf drivers guys. people so arrogant, like merges, they will be fuckers and drive right next to you and not let you in, THOSE are the worst. or the people doin 40 on macleod ARGH!!!

Moonracer
09-16-2003, 11:03 PM
It has nothing to do with calgary drivers, they suck wherever you go.

Maxt
09-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
It has nothing to do with calgary drivers, they suck wherever you go.

Actually thats not true... I spent 3 days in a city with 15 million people in it, most of those people were on the roads, jammed packed freeways all at speeds of 90 km/hr plus, not one accident in the entire time I was on the streets happened, people were courteous, and when its time to go, everyone goes, no day dreaming, no red light sleepers, no ego driven idiots, what makes the traffic work is the understanding that if you are slower, you get the fuck out of the way and stay there till you need to turn, also read the signs and pay attention to laneclosures and warning signs. In calgary there are way to many people talking on the cell phone,driving to slow in the fast lanes, and not paying attention, and our speed limits are way to god damn low, a road like centre street north in Japan is 70 km/hr, a road like glenmore would be 100 km from start to finish...
Our governments in Canada are intrusive safety nazi's, they lower the bar to the worst drivers instead of raising the bar to keep the drivers that are good the only ones on the road.. Ban talking on cell phones, get rid of redlight cameras and photo radar, those things just cause accidents and make people paranoid, up all the speed limits by 20 km/hr and start chargine people who are in the wrong lane and have to push their way in to make a turn with failing to pay attention, a very common ticket in Japan, that gets everyone trained to being in the right lane, and teaches them "gaman", or patience.....Maxt

rice_eater
09-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
:banghead: stupid fnf drivers
what was he thinking??? he should have drove unter the truck instead!!! Obviously someone needs to see the movie again!

lammer
09-16-2003, 11:58 PM
hahaha the guys seemed like an idiot though. had fart can, some altezzas, im assuming he had a sask liscence plate because he can't afford insurance in alberta cause he drives like an ass.

not to mention it seemed like a perfect day to tail someone, especially when its snowing hahaha.

Moonracer
09-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

Actually thats not true... I spent 3 days in a city with 15 million people in it, most of those people were on the roads, jammed packed freeways all at speeds of 90 km/hr plus, not one accident in the entire time I was on the streets happened, people were courteous, and when its time to go, everyone goes, no day dreaming, no red light sleepers, no ego driven idiots, what makes the traffic work is the understanding that if you are slower, you get the fuck out of the way and stay there till you need to turn, also read the signs and pay attention to laneclosures and warning signs. In calgary there are way to many people talking on the cell phone,driving to slow in the fast lanes, and not paying attention, and our speed limits are way to god damn low, a road like centre street north in Japan is 70 km/hr, a road like glenmore would be 100 km from start to finish...
Our governments in Canada are intrusive safety nazi's, they lower the bar to the worst drivers instead of raising the bar to keep the drivers that are good the only ones on the road.. Ban talking on cell phones, get rid of redlight cameras and photo radar, those things just cause accidents and make people paranoid, up all the speed limits by 20 km/hr and start chargine people who are in the wrong lane and have to push their way in to make a turn with failing to pay attention, a very common ticket in Japan, that gets everyone trained to being in the right lane, and teaches them "gaman", or patience.....Maxt

K so you spent 3 whole days there and that gives you a good idea what the drivers are like....hmmm Then again if it seems like they are better drivers it sure isn't because of the people it's more than likely the design of the road system. I agree with most of what you are saying though, but you can't leave your house and hop in your car and expect everyone will drive properly cause it isn't going to happen.
One question though, what exactly is a "fast lane"?

ryder_23
09-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

what was he thinking??? he should have drove unter the truck instead!!! Obviously someone needs to see the movie again!

Hahhahahahaha

Or maybe he was going for the 2f2f squeeze and realized at the end he couldnt fit, lol.

lammer
09-17-2003, 01:57 AM
man the driver shoulda been like that mustang, CRUSHED!

Maxt
09-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer

K so you spent 3 whole days there and that gives you a good idea what the drivers are like....hmmm Then again if it seems like they are better drivers it sure isn't because of the people it's more than likely the design of the road system. I agree with most of what you are saying though, but you can't leave your house and hop in your car and expect everyone will drive properly cause it isn't going to happen.
One question though, what exactly is a "fast lane"?
I don't live in Calgary, but it takes me about 5 minutes of driving in Calgary to realize that about 75% of drivers do not know the rules of the road...Just watch when you have a set of lights flashing yellow, or better yet all 4 flashing red, its total mayhem, most don't know the 4 way stop rule, yield to yellow or person to the right has right of of way, or the best is that through traffic has right of way of left turns regardless of who was there first when opposed.
Every time I enter Calgary I see at least 2 accidents before I reach a destination point.. I spent about 16 hours each day in those 3 days in driving around Tokyo buying car parts, considering how many people were on the roads in a city of 15million, and that it was a long weekend in Japan, I would say, yeah what I saw was indicative of their driving habits in general... There is no rush hour in Tokyo, there is no peak nor no valleys in traffic, its constant all the time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week..
Oh and by the way, when a long weekend comes up in Japan, the gas stations don't jack up the price and bend over everyone just to gouge some extra profit...
Rule and order is ingrained in the Japanese public, they are taught to be polite, yet they have a belief in order, so much so that if you are in the fast lane which in a multi laned roadway for your records, is the left lane, or in Japan the right lane, and you arfe driving slow, they will come up behind you, flash the lightsand honk the horn, when you move over, they will pull up beside you and even though they are driving, they will bow deeply inside the car, and expect you to short bow back to them, it sounds kinda fucked, but it keeps everyone happy in traffic, and shit, seeing bumper to bumper cars move fluidly at 110 km/hr on a freeway was unreal, there were more cars on that stretch of road probably than all the cars in Calgary....

Maxt
09-17-2003, 04:45 AM
This helps to, before setting off, you enter your destination point into your navigation system, every car in Japan has to have navigation...]
It talks to you while you are driving, it gives you directions, warns of traffic problems, tells you what lanes are closed, when to expect a toll road, and when you are low on gas, it plots a course to the nearest gas stations, you can also fine dennys and Mcdonalds with it as well....

Dope Dealer
09-17-2003, 04:57 AM
This helps to, before setting off, you enter your destination point into your navigation system, every car in Japan has to have navigation...]
It talks to you while you are driving, it gives you directions, warns of traffic problems, tells you what lanes are closed, when to expect a toll road, and when you are low on gas, it plots a course to the nearest gas stations, you can also fine dennys and Mcdonalds with it as well....

Damn that's slick!

ryder_23
09-17-2003, 10:14 AM
That is f-ing awsome. Time to invest in GPS. lol.

Every driver thinks hes a good driver, and he thinks everyone else is bad. So if everyone thinks their a good driver, where are all the bad drivers?

rice_eater
09-17-2003, 11:30 AM

Our governments in Canada are intrusive safety nazi's, they lower the bar to the worst drivers instead of raising the bar to keep the drivers that are good the only ones on the road.. Ban talking on cell phones, get rid of redlight cameras and photo radar, those things just cause accidents and make people paranoid, up all the speed limits by 20 km/hr and start chargine people who are in the wrong lane and have to push their way in to make a turn with failing to pay attention

i agree that we should raise the speed limits...there are SOO many roads in calgary where you do 50 or 60 and it's a straight 2 lane road...WHY??? what is the need for that? what are you gonna hit when the road has the big sound deadening walls? ANd when you take turns on any road in calgary you can do at least 20 more kms over the speed limit and be safe...i drove back from kingston to calgary at the beginning of the month...In every city and highway that i went on in the states the speed limits were a lot higher and traffic was flowing a lot smoothly...Also people folowed the speed limit more closely there because on most of the turns (especially in the cities) you either do the speed limit or you start to swirve out of your lane and into the person next to you. I think the reason why our speed limits are so low is because the CPS can write more tickets. there are streets where the speed is so ridiculously slow you get pissed off and give it some gas just so it doesn't feel like you are standing still and boom! Ticket! And yes...this town is full of bad drivers. I hope my own mom gets a ticket! Not because she drives bad, she really doesnt...very curteous and always plays it safe. BUT she always does barely the speed limit or 10km less than the speed limit in the left most lane and doesn't care :banghead:

rx7_turbo2
09-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

I think the reason why our speed limits are so low is because the CPS can write more tickets.

Bingo

They can tell you it's for the public's safety all they want, it's a bunch of horse shit.

Seanith
09-17-2003, 01:58 PM
some people are just pricks. some middle aged skank mouthed the words "bite me" when she cut in front of me by St.Marys college turning to the exit that leads to macleod north. I hope she rots in hell because even after being an inconsiderate bitch i ended up passing her when i got onto macleod. slut.

HOK
09-17-2003, 01:59 PM
actually... i've driven in all throughout Asia Japan, China, Philippines etc, US, Canada, most of the Indian Ocean islands and Calgary is the WORST place I’ve been... I can be following some ugly old ass lady and she’ll signal to turn right and then suddenly swerve through all the solid white lines back on to traffic. I honk her and she’ll give ME the finger... this is the only town in the world.. wait till the serial killers and psychos come in to our town.. people would think twice.

and calgary (alberta) is the only place I've seen 90 year olds still driving... WTF is the government thinking...???

hjr
09-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Z24
calgary has some of the worst drivers statistically calgary is one of the best places to drive in canada. and edmonton is one of the worst. statistically speaking that is.

ryder_23
09-17-2003, 02:08 PM
I got a taste of worlds worst in calgary last night. I'm driving home, turn onto hwy 8, and this guy infront of me is tailgating the guy infront of him, i think nothing of it, guy was going 40k underspeed limit, then he pulls over, lets guy pass, he then speeds up to catch up to guy he just passed, so going about 150now from 60, then he turns into my area, i take the turn faster then he did, and somewhat catch up to him on the turn, he then moves over, were going 40speed limit, and starts riding me so close that if i were to tap brakes, he would hit me, at 40k, like wtf, i didnt come close to tailgating him, and hes all madd, so hes following me thru my neighborhood, i take him on a little journey didnt want to go home. Then boom, drive right by rcmp. RCMP pulls both of us over, thinks were friends dicking around, he talks to me first, i tell him my story, goes talks to the other guy, he comes back saying i can go, and he will get a ticket for following too close. Finally some fuck head learns his lesson/

shelbix2020
09-17-2003, 02:19 PM
It talks to you while you are driving, it gives you directions, warns of traffic problems, tells you what lanes are closed, when to expect a toll road, and when you are low on gas, it plots a course to the nearest gas stations, you can also fine dennys and Mcdonalds with it as well.... ahh sweet, I got one a those too ... its called a brain :clap:

Super_Geo
09-17-2003, 02:31 PM
The one thing I can't stand about Ontario drivers is that they don't yield to pedestrians!

One night we were coming back from the bars and some middle aged guy was gunning it down the street, doing way more than the posted 50km/hr. I was crossing at a crosswalk and I see the headlights, but I think "No worries, there's no way he can't see me, this is a crosswalk, I'm good to go." This douchbag doesn't stop until the last minute and slams on the brakes, skidding and narrowly missing my friend by about half a meter, and then has the nerve to yell "watch where the fuck you're going" at us when we were all in the crosswalk!

We all flipped on him and there was a pretty ugly confrontation (one guy in his 30s and 5 or 6 drunk university kids is never a good mix) which ended in someone throwing a half full beer bottle at his car... only it went through the rear window and smashed on the inside, so we all had to book it.

The one thing that's good about Calgary drivers is that they actually yield to pedestrians, unlike here.

403Gemini
09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
That is f-ing awsome. Time to invest in GPS. lol.

Every driver thinks hes a good driver, and he thinks everyone else is bad. So if everyone thinks their a good driver, where are all the bad drivers?

OOOH OOH RIGHT HERE!! *raises hand* IM ONE!! j/k lol

i only speed if i feel comfortable. if theres to many cars around i wont do it, if im going to fast ill slow down etc etc. and i ALWAYS signal!!!

Maxt
09-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by shelbix2020
ahh sweet, I got one a those too ... its called a brain :clap:
Unfortunatley your "brain" would not work in most cities in japan, since they don't make a habit of naming roads, and road signs are pretty rare...In Tokyo, no matter where you are, whereever you look, all you see is city, thats why they have navigation, if they used standard road maps they would be as thick as our yellow pages...

Maxt
09-17-2003, 03:50 PM
That picture is Nagoya,more than twice the size of Calgary, Tokyo is approximatly 7 times the size of that...Thats why they have navigation...Max