PDA

View Full Version : Furniture shopping Q's at EQ3 and Revolve?

BMDUBS
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
So I go in to EQ3 on Sunday and was about to order $5k worth of furniture and I told the associate that I was ready to purchase right then and there all that furniture. I told him he would have the sale if he could sweeten up the deal for me a bit, ie: upgrade leather or free delivery at the least. He said they dont usually negotiate and that he would ask his manager. Few moments later he comes back and says sorry no deals what so ever. As far as I understood, there is a massive 100% or more margin in furniture? Am I off base expecting some sort of a deal here? I also heard the same sales pitch from Revolve home furnishings, no deals? Inputs?

redevil
10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
didn't like dealing with Revolve, as they screwed up my sofa order and tried to blame the manufacturer. This was after a 6+ month long wait to get 1 of the 2 sofas we initially ordered. They were wanting us to wait another 6+ months to have the 2nd sofa ordered.

In the end it took some time to cancel the 2nd set and get a refund for it. :thumbsdow

They do have nice stuff, but it is not worth the headache that I was put through. I can say that I would not buy from them again.

BMDUBS
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
did you negotiate any deals? They said on $5k they will give $100 bucks off and over 10k what I remember to be 5% but that makes no sense at all... wish I was sharper to call BS on the sales person. The stuff at Revolve is all in stock at the warehouse so I wont have to wait for it at least...

Toms-SC
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Best way to do it is get a job there, buy your shit with discount and then quit. :clap:

88CRX
10-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Most of EQ3's stuff is garbage anyways..... consider it a sign to shop elsewhere :thumbsup:

davechoi1973
10-06-2008, 10:28 PM
i bought sofa and love seat from Revolve about a month ago and as you know they don't really give much deal.

if you buy over $10,000 then you get like 5% off.

i wanted to buy a sectional sofa but they didn't have the color that i want in the stock. and didn't want to wait. so i bought something else.

they charge $130 for delivery.. i thought that was little bit pricey compare to other stores.. but i liked their sofa..

BMDUBS
10-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Problem is they have me by the balls... I have shopped all over the city and have found furniture that I really like at these 2 shops so I am gonna end up paying retail... pisses me off:whipped:

e36bmw///
10-06-2008, 10:47 PM
nm

BMDUBS
10-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by e36bmw///
seriosly man go get a job there
buy, quit

Jesus guys! I have a career! this is just not a practical solution...:rofl:

CaptainReboot
10-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Try Sojourn, which is close by revolve. They can order stuff they don't carry. Like if you see something another store has, ask them if they can get it in and how much it costs. All of our furniture is from there and delivery is free on custom orders. I found there prices to be cheaper than other places that carry the same pieces.

Koolhaus gave discounts but I think they shut down.

I agree with the EQ3 post on it being garbage.

Lex350
10-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BMDUBS
So I go in to EQ3 on Sunday and was about to order $5k worth of furniture and I told the associate that I was ready to purchase right then and there all that furniture. I told him he would have the sale if he could sweeten up the deal for me a bit, ie: upgrade leather or free delivery at the least. He said they dont usually negotiate and that he would ask his manager. Few moments later he comes back and says sorry no deals what so ever. As far as I understood, there is a massive 100% or more margin in furniture? Am I off base expecting some sort of a deal here? I also heard the same sales pitch from Revolve home furnishings, no deals? Inputs?

Revolve has crap. Take a closer look at the construction of the junk they sell there now. On most of the drawers they are glued and stapled rather than dovetail or even screws and dowels.

They used to carry some good lines like Calagaris out of Italy but most of their junk comes from Asia now. If you still like their stuff go to that place on Fisher road....Urban living. They carry some of the same stuff but at a better price. They also have some better lines to look at. Don't just look at floor models, ask them about the catalogues too.

CRXguy
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
-1 for Revolve. :guns:

urban.one
10-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Revolve and EQ3 are IKEA quality with a little more styling and a lot more price tag.

sillysod
10-07-2008, 09:27 AM
We bought all new furniture for our new house when we moved and spared no expenses. Couldn't find a good looking rocking chair for my pregnant at the time wife anywhere else so went to EQ3

I bought this rocking chair.... $600.00 should be good no?

http://eq3.com/cat-eq3/process/locale/en_CA/currency/en_CA/page/30039-70.html (http://)

total piece of crap. the bottom is made of glued cardboard and the rails are complete shit. Don't waste your time on this stuff.

We bought natuzzi leather chairs and they seem to be holding up well, you can order them anywhere from henredon to the bay.

We bought 2 arm chairs and the sofa.... good quality and they wear nicely.

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000QVFNVE/sr=1-4/qid=1223393201/ref=sr_1_4/103-7054640-6895068?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=396413011

gkAeris
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
NORDESIGNS right by there has pretty good stuff and they will work out somethign with you i pressume?

i brought a $1000 table, and they didn't charge for delivery and gave me like no GST.