PDA

View Full Version : They didnt land on the moon..........

The Cosworth
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
A planetary scientist from the University of Arizona debunks most myths about how they 'didn't' land on the moon.

I was going to copy it all but the photo's dont show up without me making image tags so you can go and read it yourselves

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

Kloubek
10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Not even going to read another conspiracy theory.

They landed on the moon, ok? I think we all know that by now.

spikerS
10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
hMBCfuKs9i8

5taIxlNA_Lw

uE4w2MIYhC4

VmVxSFnjYCA

JRSC00LUDE
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Mythbusters just tackled all of the "they faked the moon landing" stuff last week! It was great! :D

The Cosworth
10-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Not even going to read another conspiracy theory.

They landed on the moon, ok? I think we all know that by now.

did you even read my first post? :banghead:

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Mythbusters just tackled all of the "they faked the moon landing" stuff last week! It was great! :D

Yeah, this is actually why I started to read it. A buddy said he wasn't sure about it because of the Van Allen belt. I am not smart enough to really understand the Van Allen belt properly but this dude sure does. That is how I found this link and ended up reading it front to back and he is one smart dude.

I never doubted landing on the moon but there are some people on here.

GQBalla
10-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I believe the moon landing was a hoax

95EagleAWD
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
http://astrono2.iespana.es/astrono2/scrsav/original/earth%20rise.jpg

http://skywheel.kangwon.ac.kr/~ahnhi/solar/picture/moon_apollo17.gif

http://www.spacemartgifts.com/Last_Moon_Walk_Apollo17_1024x768.jpg

http://jupiter.okb-1.org/images/Spaceflight/ap14_moon_rock.jpg

The Cosworth
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I feel like this thread is

http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Eleanor
10-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Seriously you guys, everyone knows Kubrick directed them.

Canmorite
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't get how the flags wave in space. There was a clip of two Chinese astronauts holding Chinese flags and they were waving outside in space...

EDIT: Just watched the video :facepalm:

97'Scort
10-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
Yeah, this is actually why I started to read it. A buddy said he wasn't sure about it because of the Van Allen belt. I am not smart enough to really understand the Van Allen belt properly but this dude sure does. That is how I found this link and ended up reading it front to back and he is one smart dude.

The Van Allen belt is just some cosmic radiation. Even if it did impede the journey it would not have any immedate effect on anything passing through it. It's just not strong enough.

Would it cause problems with the spacecraft? No. How many hundreds of satellites/landers/orbiters/probes have we sent through it, with no ill effect? Would it hurt the astronauts? Eventually, but it's about akin to getting, say 20 x-rays in a row. Sure it might get you later, but immediate problems are zilch.

mazdavirgin
10-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
A buddy said he wasn't sure about it because of the Van Allen belt. I am not smart enough to really understand the Van Allen belt properly but this dude sure does. That is how I found this link and ended up reading it front to back and he is one smart dude. I never doubted landing on the moon but there are some people on here.

The van allen radiation belt isn't all that complicated they are simply extensions of earths magnetic field. Think of spraying iron filling around a magnet. The radiation belts are the same concept except on a planetary scale and instead of iron they are charged particles. They keep us safe from cosmic radiation and provide such fun sights as the aurora borealis. :) They are a danger to human beings if for example you left them in the belt for the better part of a year but you briefly fly through them and the space ship is a large metal container which shields the effect for the most part.

( . )( . )
10-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Mythbusters already put this on t.v.!!! I still think it's fake.

ryder_23
10-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ( . )( . )
Mythbusters already put this on t.v.!!! I still think it's fake.

read the thread.

mazdavirgin
10-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Believing we haven't landed on the moon is seriously the sign of lunacy... There is no factual evidence we have not and plenty that we have indeed landed on the moon. I mean do you really think it is that complicated to land on the moon when we can build things like the LHC? Space travel is expensive sure but technologically not really that interesting at this point in time it is pretty much a cakewalk.

LegendRacer
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM
i believe the states landed on the moon, but not the earlier landings, such as the pictures shown.

The chinese have no doubt landed fair and square, but US was always the dirty players. they dont like being second place, so there way of being "first" on the moon, was to fake it.

americans...how can u trust them? honestly they are the biggest fakers of all nations. dont need to argue, we all know

mazdavirgin
10-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by LegendRacer
The chinese have no doubt landed fair and square, but US was always the dirty players. they dont like being second place, so there way of being "first" on the moon, was to fake it.

americans...how can u trust them? honestly they are the biggest fakers of all nations. dont need to argue, we all know

The chinese landed? :facepalm: What kind of drugs have you been smoking man :\ Seriously where are all these people coming from? Has the world gone mad and science went out the door with it? What's next you are going to tell me that pink elephants secretly control all my actions and I should pray to them? Repeat after me: The moon landings were real and there is a *LOT* of peer reviewed scientific evidence that points to us having been there and having come back... Arguing we were not there is just as looney as arguing the earth is flat.

A790
10-07-2008, 01:21 AM
i believe the states landed on the moon, but not the earlier landings, such as the pictures shown.

I'm going to argue, because this has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on beyond in quite some time. You provided ample fodder by which I could rip into, and so I will.

I think it's funny that the Chinese landed fair and square, but the US "cheated" their way to the moon. I find it even funnier that the US are "the biggest fakers of all nations". Where did you come up with this, especially considering that the Chinese are notorious for lying about damn near anything and everything (the recent Olympic games are a prime example).

The US, while not perfect by any means, is much more trustworthy when it comes to their achievements than the Chinese.

CUG
10-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Although we've got some real brains on this forum, I don't think there is a soul on the planet that has visited this site that is even remotely qualified to assess something like this.

I enjoy watching the ego inflation that happens with the people discuss it as though they have a fucking fraction of a clue about what happened with the moon landings.

Team_Mclaren
10-07-2008, 02:52 AM

Originally posted by A790

I'm going to argue, because this has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on beyond in quite some time. You provided ample fodder by which I could rip into, and so I will.

I think it's funny that the Chinese landed fair and square, but the US "cheated" their way to the moon. I find it even funnier that the US are "the biggest fakers of all nations". Where did you come up with this, especially considering that the Chinese are notorious for lying about damn near anything and everything (the recent Olympic games are a prime example).

The US, while not perfect by any means, is much more trustworthy when it comes to their achievements than the Chinese.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/GWShadow/whut-ian.jpg

CUG
10-07-2008, 03:09 AM

americans...how can u trust them? honestly they are the biggest fakers of all nations. dont need to argue, we all know Oh my fucking GOD.http://members.cox.net/bluegargoyle/images/Jesus-dumbass-Blue_Gargoyle.jpg

7thgenvic
10-07-2008, 03:45 AM
hahah good thread!!!

95EagleAWD
10-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Although we've got some real brains on this forum, I don't think there is a soul on the planet that has visited this site that is even remotely qualified to assess something like this.

I enjoy watching the ego inflation that happens with the people discuss it as though they have a fucking fraction of a clue about what happened with the moon landings.

What is there to discuss? Or assess?

It fucking happened. On July 20, 1969 Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin set foot on the Moon for the first time.

/thread.

jonnycat
10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I fell asleep watching this Mythbusters, the only part I saw was them trying to debunk the footprint photo using sand? They only got a defined footprint using wet sand.

I'm no scientest, in fact I was a C student in High School in all sciences, and I can figure out that something 3 billion, 900 million years old that has been constantly been pelted by asteroids (as evidenced by the massive crates covering the moon), would have a more fine layer of dust on the surface than coarse sand.

Did they try making foot prints in ash? In flour? I'm sure these would hold definite footprints better than sand.

Pollywog
10-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by jonnycat
I fell asleep watching this Mythbusters, the only part I saw was them trying to debunk the footprint photo using sand? They only got a defined footprint using wet sand.

I'm no scientest, in fact I was a C student in High School in all sciences, and I can figure out that something 3 billion, 900 million years old that has been constantly been pelted by asteroids (as evidenced by the massive crates covering the moon), would have a more fine layer of dust on the surface than coarse sand.

Did they try making foot prints in ash? In flour? I'm sure these would hold definite footprints better than sand. Watch the mythbusters videos posted and you'll find out. They did the experiment again in a vacuum with microscopically "sharp edged" materia that better represents the moons surface. It left a definate footprint, and they decided that it actually happened.

TKRIS
10-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Somewhere in Colorado, Phil Plait is quietly weeping...

If you make me come into this thread again, I'll use a copy of COSMOS to make sure there aren't any bruises visible when I'm done.

a social dsease
10-07-2008, 09:12 AM
For all the non-believers, realize that USA and Russia were in a huge race to get to the moon. If the US actually faked it, don't you think the Soviets would have pointed it out a long time ago? I mean do you really think you are so smart that you figured out its fake, when hundreds of brilliant soviet scientists even believed it is real?

em2ab
10-07-2008, 09:20 AM
This is the most published photo of all time.

http://astrono2.iespana.es/astrono2/scrsav/original/earth%20rise.jpg

treg50
10-07-2008, 09:36 AM
You want to know why everyone wants to get back to the moon?

The U.S. found an ancient robotic head there in 1972. It was never officially reported that the head was seen or brought back to earth. They think it has a link to the crystal skulls found on earth.

The crystal skulls are actually solid state data storage devices. Rumour has it that NASA/whomever has powered up the robotic head and learned of more secrets on the moon.

http://www.democraticwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4198

TKRIS
10-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by treg50
You want to know why everyone wants to get back to the moon?

The U.S. found an ancient robotic head there in 1972. It was never officially reported that the head was seen or brought back to earth. They think it has a link to the crystal skulls found on earth.

The crystal skulls are actually solid state data storage devices. Rumour has it that NASA/whomever has powered up the robotic head and learned of more secrets on the moon.

http://www.democraticwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4198

Oh jesus titty fucking christ.

Someone, please, restore my faith in humanity and tell me that people aren't this fucking stupid. Tell me this is just a joke.

The entire cumulation of human knowledge and discovery is but a mouse click away, and some people still buy the unapologetic bullshit being sold by Coast to Coast, David Icke, the 9/11 truthers and the chemtrail retards. Fucking unbelievable.

Anyone that buys this shit should be fucking ashamed of themselves, and utterly embarassed by their amazing stupidity, gullibility, and stunning lack of reason and critical thinking.

semograd
10-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by a social dsease
For all the non-believers, realize that USA and Russia were in a huge race to get to the moon. If the US actually faked it, don't you think the Soviets would have pointed it out a long time ago? I mean do you really think you are so smart that you figured out its fake, when hundreds of brilliant soviet scientists even believed it is real?

Finally, Thank you!

The Soviet Union monitored The U.S. missions to/landings on the moon. They watched them fly up into space, land on the moon and fly back.

Do you really think that if the u.s. tried to cheat there way into winning the space race that the Russians would just turn a blind eye to the whole operation? NO, they would be the first ones to point out that it was fake, except they couldn't because they saw it all happen with there own telescopes...

Eleanor
10-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Someone, please, restore my faith in humanity and tell me that people aren't this fucking stupid. Tell me this is just a joke.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/

Sorry :D

A790
10-07-2008, 10:36 AM

The entire cumulation of human knowledge and discovery is but a mouse click away, and some people still buy the unapologetic bullshit being sold by Coast to Coast, David Icke, the 9/11 truthers and the chemtrail retards. Fucking unbelievable.

Anyone that buys this shit should be fucking ashamed of themselves, and utterly embarassed by their amazing stupidity, gullibility, and stunning lack of reason and critical thinking.
LOL of course he's joking!

TKRIS
10-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by A790

LOL of course he's joking!

HE is.
THEY aren't.

I had a conversation about 9/11, chemtrails and homeopathy with an old friend a few weeks ago. It's incredibly depressing that otherwise intelligent people would choose to be so fucking stupid.

A790
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM

HE is.
THEY aren't.

I had a conversation about 9/11, chemtrails and homeopathy with an old friend a few weeks ago. It's incredibly depressing that otherwise intelligent people would choose to be so fucking stupid.
I think it's the novelty of believing something that isn't the norm that drives people to those thought processes, as it allows them to debate it and appear intelligent (or so they think). I can't see any other logical explanation.

acura_el
10-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by a social dsease

Sort of like how Porsche called out Nissan on the GTR's official time around the 'ring.:angel:

em2ab
10-07-2008, 03:08 PM
There is no spoon......

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/matrix_spoon_bending_small.jpg

chkolny541
10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by CUG

agreed,all the people who have said they have landed havent given a shred of evidence, and neither have the people who believe it was faked

Eleanor
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
agreed,all the people who have said they have landed havent given a shred of evidence
Are you f*cking retarded?

Boosted Gtir
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
*grabs popcorn*

semograd
10-07-2008, 03:45 PM

agreed,all the people who have said they have landed havent given a shred of evidence, and neither have the people who believe it was faked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

like i said earlier.

now stfu.:guns:

Antonito
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Or he could have read the link in the OP....

semograd
10-07-2008, 03:56 PM
now he has a choice

dino_martini
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
some of the posts in this thread...:facepalm:

The Cosworth
10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Antonito
Or he could have read the link in the OP....

Thank you, I love starting a thread that has turned into this.

Makes me feel like one of the great posters that have come before me.

Thanks TKris, Zephyr, Toma... etc.

:rofl:

chkolny541
10-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by semograd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

like i said earlier.

now stfu.:guns:
LOL what do you mean "like you said earlier" when did you ever post that link in the first place,and why don't you also scan your degree in aerospace engineering or astrophysics, then I think you can have a valid opinion in this and be able to shut on the other posts till then suck a lemon:dunno:

treg50
10-07-2008, 10:07 PM
The moon landing is real (I'm glad A790 could tell I was joking earlier, lol = there is hope for humanity). TKRIS was seriously upset at me though...
:D

The Mythbusters debunking the 'Moonlanding nay-sayers' was not even necessary for me, but it was cool to see someone like them actually test the myths and prove them wrong.

mazdavirgin
10-07-2008, 10:08 PM
LOL what do you mean "like you said earlier" when did you ever post that link in the first place,and why don't you also scan your degree in aerospace engineering or astrophysics, then I think you can have a valid opinion in this and be able to shut on the other posts till then suck a lemon:dunno:

:facepalm: Astrophysics has *NOTHING* to do with the science involved in the moon landings. Astrophysics is the study of the physics of the universe so unless your astronauts happen to be the size of a gas giant or a quasar they really are of no interest or relevance to this topic. I don't see how aerospace engineering is relevant either since calculating the drag or the power of the rockets required doesn't really tell you much of anything other than it's quite possible to reach the moon.

No one here needs a degree to know that moon landing deniers are insane. Denying the moon landings is like continuously running into a glass wall, you keep bashing your head in and it hurts but you keep doing it since the "wall" isn't there... There is plenty of peer reviewed(Note: Independant) proof that the united states has been to the moon. It's not just picture we are talking tons of rocks and lunar dust things you simply can't find here and geologically are known to be extra terrestrial. Seriously where do all these quacks come from? Next thing we know we are going to have them claim evolution is a scam and fossils were planted. :rofl:

Eleanor
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by Eleanor

Are you f*cking retarded?

A790
10-07-2008, 10:18 PM
This thread... it's just... ugh.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-07-2008, 10:54 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breathe* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

You know what guys... This discussion is going to seriously piss of the flying spaghetti monster. :clap:

Because your opinion has any more validity? :facepalm:

LegendRacer
10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Oh my fucking GOD.http://members.cox.net/bluegargoyle/images/Jesus-dumbass-Blue_Gargoyle.jpg

no one caught my sarcasm?!?! :(

maybe i was on crack then

EvolutionI
10-08-2008, 08:46 AM

no one caught my sarcasm?!?! :(

maybe i was on crack then

Yes, of course you were joking :facepalm:

nismoblurr
10-08-2008, 08:55 PM
They didn't land on the moon.

flipstah
10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by treg50
The Mythbusters debunking the 'Moonlanding nay-sayers' was not even necessary for me, but it was cool to see someone like them actually test the myths and prove them wrong.

Me too. I always believed that the US landed on the Moon. The Soviets would've had a field day if they found out that the US faked the landing.

Anyways, that was pretty cool to see. I love Mythbusters!

Did anyone see the Jaws-related ones? Pretty intense!