PDA

View Full Version : Cora's survey

Isaiah
10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
My girlfriend is doing a marketing project on Cora's restaurant - the breakfast place in the SW.

If you have been there, please help out with the survey. I just took it and it literally took a minute.

Thanks!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=AVren9XhGw8vDY8G2PTliQ_3d_3d

flipstah
10-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Done!

I love Cora's by the way. Tried it in Montreal and have been salivating for one in Calgary ever since.

Went there for a birthday brunch but kinda sad that it's very far from where I live.

:( Worth the trip though! :love:

Supa Dexta
10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Just ate at one in southern ontario a few days back, was good stuff.

ekguy
10-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Done!

I love Cora's by the way. Tried it in Montreal and have been salivating for one in Calgary ever since.

Went there for a birthday brunch but kinda sad that it's very far from where I live.

:( Worth the trip though! :love:

I hope you realize there is one in Calgary at 130ave. Anyways if you knew then good if not enjoy haha. Went there this morning.

DC2
10-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Done and it's worth the drive from the NE!

98type_r
10-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Sweet, there is a new one opening up at Northland mall soon so I don't have to drive half an hour for breakfast.

Isaiah
10-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Yes, wicked indeed. I live in the NW by Crowfoot and I've done the 1.5 hour round trip many times for their breakfast. I can't wait for the Northland location. I was talking to the owner about it about 8 months ago and he had mentioned Northland but I never saw any signs. Now, they've finally put the sign up next to Best Buy and I think they're slated to open in the Dec-Jan timeframe.

Dubluvr
10-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I always find it so busy. Sometimes waiting over a half hour just to get it.

a social dsease
10-07-2008, 08:54 AM
I think this is the first time I've done a survey for somebody on beyond where i didn't quit the survey halfway thru because it was too long and kept asking the same stupid questions.
Anyways, I ate there once, it was pretty good, i loved the presentation of the food, it just looked awesome. the line was kinda homo tho, luckily there were a couple hotties in line right in front of me so i had something to look at :poosie:

ekguy
10-07-2008, 09:24 AM
get's busy only on weekends. If you can manage going during the week it's much better. Plus they serve Creton which is probably one of or the only place in Calgary that does.

98brg2d
10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
What is Creton? I always see it on the menu but have no idea what it is and always forget to ask.

To the OP: Cora's is in the SE not the SW.

Supa Dexta
10-08-2008, 05:09 PM
In Québécois cuisine, cretons (Sometimes gorton or corton, especially among New Englanders of Québécois origin) is a pork spread containing onions and spices. Due to its fatty texture and taste, it resembles French rillettes. Cretons are usually served on toast as part of a traditional Québécois breakfast.

flipstah
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

I hope you realize there is one in Calgary at 130ave. Anyways if you knew then good if not enjoy haha. Went there this morning.

Haha yup yup, I meant that I visited the one in Calgary and it was very far from the NE.

Still great food! Open one in the NE!

:drool:

ekguy
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
In Québécois cuisine, cretons (Sometimes gorton or corton, especially among New Englanders of Québécois origin) is a pork spread containing onions and spices. Due to its fatty texture and taste, it resembles French rillettes. Cretons are usually served on toast as part of a traditional Québécois breakfast.

doesn't come close to my dad's Creton but anywhere you can have it ordered off the menu is a plus in my books. I go about once a week at least. Plus their fruits are always fresh so it's always delicious.

Isaiah
10-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Bump. Thanks to all who have taken the survey. Project is still active. NEED MORE RESPONDENTS PLEASE!

trevh
10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Cora's is gross? The fruit is never fresh.

Isaiah
10-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Pepsi_boy
Am I the only one that thinks Cora's is gross?
Yes.

Lanks
10-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Done.

sputnik
10-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_boy
Am I the only one that thinks Cora's is gross? The fruit is never fresh.

:werd:

... or the fruit is out of season and flavourless

Cora's is over rated and not worth the money.

ixlr8
10-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Cora's at 130th was indeed "gross", but that is probably more a commentary on the labor shortage than anything. Fruit half peeled, soupy crepes, half cooked meat.

It is almost impossible to get well prepared food in this city anymore. Have to hire the kids that used to work at Dairy Queen and McDonalds to work in the kitchens of what used to be decent restaurants.

When I was in High School it was difficult to get a fast-food job, and if you were a bad employee you'd get fired.

Now a days you see high school kids in the kitchens of Joey Tomatoes, Earls, The Keg, and on and on...

Labor shortage is the problem.

I bet Cora's in Montreal would be fantastic because they could actually be selective in who they hire to prepare the food.

flipstah
10-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by ixlr8
I bet Cora's in Montreal would be fantastic because they could actually be selective in who they hire to prepare the food.

It is fantastic. That was my first tate of Cora's. When we went to the 130th location, we got good service and good food.

Then again, this was when it first opened :dunno:

pinoyhero
10-19-2008, 06:57 AM
New one just opened in Okotoks as well.