PDA

View Full Version : FS>Asus Micro-Laptop 901 w/ XP

Pollywog
10-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Up for grabs is an ASUS Eee PC 901. I originally bought it for this fall, but decided that I'd rather save for the mixer I want. The computer is just over a month old, with original box, instructions, case, charger, everything. Not only that, I'll include a clean installation of XP for you. Thanks for checkin it out!

The computer itself has the new Intel Atom Processor, wireless~N built-in, a WebCam built in, Bluetooth built in, a claimed 8 HOURS battery life (It's not far from the truth), SSD solid state harddrive, and this is the 20GB model.

Here are some specs, respectfully stolen from memoryexpress's website (which was where I purchased it as well.

Have reciept - paid $635.20, asking $400.
Edit: $350

Experience Easy, Excellent and Exciting Computing with New Eee PC™ 901
This Eee PC™ 901 offers even more options to users for unique user experiences. With its shockproof Solid State Drive (SSD) design, users will be able to enjoy stable and reliable computing on-the-go; while up to 8 hours of battery life, high speed 802.11n connectivity and exclusive 20GB Eee Storage make it the ideal travelling companion for outdoor activities.

Features

Shock Proof SSD* Design for Reliable Computing
The built-in Solid State Drive* (SSD) technology provides shockproof computing, less power consumption, fast boot up and less heat – making the Eee PC 901™ ideal for reliable outdoor usage

Up to 8 hours** of Battery Life
• ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine for longer battery lifespans of up to 8** hours
• Super Hybrid Engine offers a choice of performance and power consumption modes for easy adjustments according to various needs

Exclusive 20GB Eee Storage
• 20GB file-encrypted Eee Storage with 5GB worth of downloads per day for easy accessibility from both Windows and Linux platforms
• Choice of either Windows or GNU Linux OS for convenient computing and an easy, excellent and exciting user experience

High Speed Connectivity Anywhere with Wi-Fi 802.11n
• Easily functions in any connected environment with fast and complete connectivity (WiFi 802.11n)
• Built-in Bluetooth for easy data transfers between devices
• Full range of applications to enhance communication and computing experiences
• Eee Connect for an easy way to connect two or more users through a remote desktop feature for easy troubleshooting.

Unique Design to Fit Your Individual Personality
• Eee PC™ 901 comes in six custom styles created with cutting-edge Infusion casing technology
• Infusion surface with inlaid motifs provides a new level of resilience – providing scratch resistance and a beautiful style that will not fade with time

Specifications

Model Name Eee PC 901
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Home
Processor Intel Atom N270 /1.6GHz
Chipset Intel Mobile Chipset

Memory 1GB (DDR2)

Display Type 8.9" Display
Display Resolution 1024 x 600 resolution
VGA Port 1 (D-sub 15 pin)

Graphics Intel UMA

Storage
Hard Drive 20GB SSD + 20GB Eee Internet Storage
Optical Drive N/A
Card Reader SD / MMC (SDHC)

Audio Hi-Definition Audio CODEC
Speakers Built-in Stereo Speakers
Microphone 1 Internal Microphone
Audio Jacks 1 in, 1 out

Ports - 3 x USB
- VGA-out (D-Sub, 15pin)
- Earphone jack
- Mic
- RJ45
- 10/100 Mbps

Communication
Modem N/A
Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
Wireless Lan 802.11n
Bluetooth Yes
Camera 1.3M Pixel webcam

Battery 6-cell Li-Ion Battery
Battery Life 6 Cells, 4.2 ~ 8 hrs**( Genuine Windows® XP Home)
** Actual battery life is subject to normal usage and configuration as well as model type
AC Adapter Output: 12V, 36W
Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz universal

Dimensions (W x H x D) 8.86" x 6.90" x 0.89" ~ 1.54"
Weight 2.43 lbs (with Battery)

Good size comparison.
http://www.eeeblog.ch/wp-content/gallery/eee_handson/34142.jpg

Have reciept - paid $635.20, asking $400.

jwslam
10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
does the one you're selling have chinese?
i'm assuming you just googled that pic somewhere

Pollywog
10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Heh, i definatly googled the pic, just to help show the size. The keyboard/computer is english.

Pollywog
10-08-2008, 09:35 AM
I will let it go for $350 if we meet in the SE of calgary.:thumbsup:

Pollywog
10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Bought just over a month ago:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/Memex.jpg

Greek Wizard
10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Might want to correct something here:

Originally posted by Pollywog
SSD solid state harddrive, and this is the 20GB model.

Original Description
Storage Hard Drive 12GB SSD
Receipt says 20GB, so I assume description is wrong.

Seems like a good deal.

Free Bump, Good Luck.

Pollywog
10-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Greek Wizard
Might want to correct something here:

Receipt says 20GB, so I assume description is wrong.

Seems like a good deal.

Free Bump, Good Luck.

Fixed, thanks very much for letting me know. This is indeed the 20GB version.

lint
10-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Up for grabs is an ASUS Eee PC 901. I originally bought it for this fall, but decided that I'd rather save for the mixer I want. The computer is just over a month old, with original box, instructions, case, charger, everything. Not only that, I'll include a clean installation of XP for you. Thanks for checkin it out!

Can you clarify this? doesn't it come with genuine windows xp installed? Or was this a linux version?

Pollywog
10-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by lint

Can you clarify this? doesn't it come with genuine windows xp installed? Or was this a linux version?

At the time of sale, they were out of stock of the XP ones, so since I had a copy of Xp at home I just bought the linux unit instead. Its a genuine full version of XP, approx. 3.4gb.

And by clean, I mean that it has been freshly reformatted, os reinstalled with all accompanying drivers, and a readme on the desktop explaining where driver updates, utilities and apps can be found and installed afterward if wanted.

Pollywog
10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Conditionally Sold

korym
10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
pm'ed interest if sale drops

bball2
10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the laptop Paul :thumbsup: