PDA

View Full Version : Rise Against - Appeal to Reason

Redlyne_mr2
10-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Good album for sure.. one of the few popular rock bands I like. Thoughts?

aaronck
10-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Just got tickets, they're playing the round up center in December...anyone seen a concert there?

buh_buh
10-07-2008, 10:09 AM
I saw Rise Against and Pennywise at the Round up Center a few months ago. The acoustics in that building are BRUTAL unless your right in the thick of the pit, so get nice and close if you want to hear them.

Havent checked out the new album yet, but I'm going to download it right now

403Gemini
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by aaronck
Just got tickets, they're playing the round up center in December...anyone seen a concert there?

saw them last year at the round up centre. Good show, poor organization though (no fault of the band of course).

closed the beer gardens early, my buddy left to go take a piss, so i held onto his drink, he tried to get back in just to finish his drink and they would NOT let him finish. he even pointed to me and is like "Thats my drink right there, ill drink it at the front of the beer garden and leave" and they wouldnt. what knobs.

The show though, was awesome. they sound hella good live.

mac_82
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Saw them on Saturday. Wicked show. Great new tunes. Amazing performance as always.

:clap:

buh_buh
10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I think Rise Against comes every month haha.

yeah I forgot about the beer gardens too.
1 beer max at the Rise Against show, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and there was only 1 lineup. So we had to get a beer, go straight to the back of the line, and by the time we got to the front again, we'd be finished our beer and get another one.

I was at Rancid last month at Roundup and they fixed the beer gardens problem though. They just served beer and gave out wristbands, no beer gardens.

aaronck
10-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

1 beer max at the Rise Against show, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and there was only 1 lineup. So we had to get a beer, go straight to the back of the line, and by the time we got to the front again, we'd be finished our beer and get another one.

I was at Rancid last month at Roundup and they fixed the beer gardens problem though. They just served beer and gave out wristbands, no beer gardens.

THATS the way to do it...I don't really understand why they don't always do it that way...the Virgin Fest was good, but would've been AMAZING if the beer lineups weren't so brutal. Why is it a crime to drink a beer and watch music at the same time? Mac hall does this all the time as well

403Gemini
10-07-2008, 04:24 PM

Who was the opener before pennywise took the stage last year?They were awful and kept playing songs! lol

buh_buh
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
I have no idea. I was in the middle of the beer garden line debacle while they were playing. I was just trying to get in line as quick as I could and as many beers as I could in me before Pennywise came on.

403Gemini
10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I have no idea. I was in the middle of the beer garden line debacle while they were playing. I was just trying to get in line as quick as I could and as many beers as I could in me before Pennywise came on.

I bought drinks for 2 girls to get to the front of the line at the beer garden :poosie: haha

Just look for the single girls man!

mazdavirgin
10-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Good album even though I don't really like how the whole album seems a lot quieter and softer than the previous few... It is still hard enough not to be pop/main stream radio but I have a soft spot for the songs from Siren Song of the Counter Culture. <3 Blood to Bleed They always put on a good show though and are amazing when they play at warped.

PS: The new senses fails album is also out today :) It's a little bit softer too than previous but still a good listen!

teknical
10-07-2008, 05:16 PM
That was an awesome show! I remember that, they stopped letting people into the beer gardens when supply got too low.

Looking forward to Decembers show, no tickets yet though.

Seanith
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM

I saw Rise Against with Pennywise last year and Rancid in September at this venue. I go to a lot of concerts, and without a doubt its the shittiest venue i've been to in the city (for this kind of show). Poor Acoustics, huge crowds, the venue is way too big (about 2x larger than it needs to be), and is so bad i'm not going to this show even though i'd enjoy seeing Rise Against again. You wouldn't think a venue could ruin the entire experience, but it does. I've seen Rise Against 3 times so i guess i'm not missing out imo. I would have liked to check out Sage Francis though. Oh well.

buh_buh
10-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I bought drinks for 2 girls to get to the front of the line at the beer garden :poosie: haha

Just look for the single girls man!
$15 for one beer? No thanks. I'd rather have 3.

88CRX
10-08-2008, 11:29 AM
We went to that Bullet/Atreui/Avenge Sevenfold show at the round up center and we were plesantly suprised it was a "dry" show with no beer at all.

Also saw Three Days Grace there and the sound was so bad we were about to leave half way through the show..... high pitch screaching for all the guitar riffs. Sweet!

The Round Up Centre sucks..... big time.

Still going to see Rise Against this time around.... in fact I didn't even know they had a new album coming out. Listen to most of it on youtube yesterday and it sounds alright.

buh_buh
10-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Atreyu and Avenged was in a different part of Round Up as Pennywise/Rise Against/Rancid. The Atreyu show was in the arena part, and all the other shows I've seen were in the exhibition hall or whatever. I was at the Atreyu show too, and somehow didn't end up with floor seats and had to sit in the stands. That was probably one of the worst shows I'd been to (mostly due to circumstance). I'm sure it would've been much better if I was on the floor, and if I was drunk.

They should have most punk shows at Mac Hall. The size of venue is more suitable for the amount of people that show up, although beer gardens and merch lineups are ridiculous.

Man, I've got a shitload of new music to listen to now. Just downloaded the new Rise Against, Senses Fail (both thanks to this thread), Bad Religion (not that new, but I haven't heard it yet), and Alkaline Trio.

malcolmk14
10-08-2008, 12:04 PM

THATS the way to do it...I don't really understand why they don't always do it that way...the Virgin Fest was good, but would've been AMAZING if the beer lineups weren't so brutal. Why is it a crime to drink a beer and watch music at the same time? Mac hall does this all the time as well

Virgin Fest in Baltimore got it right. $7 for a 20 ounce beer and you could drink anywhere. No lineups, no problems, it was awesome.

I'm actually planning on going back next year for Virgin Fest again.