PDA

View Full Version : Plate Cover

Daxin
09-17-2003, 07:03 AM
I received a fine not too long ago for having a plastic cover over my Licence plate I bought from Canadian Tires. Has anyone got one before and has anyone tried to fight this charge?

http://members.shaw.ca/freakingbored/plate.jpg

ryder_23
09-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Thats crappy tire for ya. What was the ticket for, like what they cop right on the ticket? what did he say to you? You can fight it, pm weapon r

Horatio
09-17-2003, 10:15 AM
I got a ticket for that last year. IIRC it was $57 for an obscured liscense plate. The officer I was dealing with thought it was one of those multanova cheater covers (which it wasn't). I don't have anything on there now and don't plan on replacing it.

Greg

(mine was really dirty the day I got pulled over. The officer was busting me for having the cover, though, not for having a dirty cover. If it had been clean, he may not have even noticed.)

Khyron
09-17-2003, 11:05 AM
I have a vanity plate and am not keen on having it exposed to the elements, nor having some asshole steal my reg sticker. My cover has absolutely no hint of tint to it tho, and I've been pulled over twice with no issues... knock on wood.

Khyron

Daxin
09-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Horatio
I got a ticket for that last year. IIRC it was $57 for an obscured liscense plate.

Did you try and fight the charge in court? The ticket is now $115.

Ferio_vti
09-17-2003, 06:43 PM
What about clear plate covers that are sometimes provided by dealers?? I have a friend that has one when she bought her Civic and Calgary Honda.

xDiMSuMx
09-17-2003, 07:22 PM
i was asking the guy at spycity about the plate covers that he was selling

he told me that ur allowed to have plate covers as long as it doesn't change the way the license plate looks

so the tinted ones or curved ones would probably get u a ticket

Daxin
09-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Just out of curiousity, I'm pretty sure there are no demerits for this kind of infraction, but i could be wrong. Do you get demerits for this. I'm making sure. I'm not certain if this is a traffic related.

bart
09-17-2003, 08:24 PM
i used to have one too, but took it off, some cop said he can fine you up to $500 a few years ago, i didnt check to see if thats true. i dont care anymore, my radar picks up photoradar everytime, i just go by that.

Khyron
09-17-2003, 10:32 PM
I haven't had my radar on while going through a multinova - does it come up as KA band or what?

Khyron

Weapon_R
09-17-2003, 10:56 PM
no demerits

bart
09-17-2003, 11:17 PM
ka, but very faint, you have to be very close to it for it to go off, mine anyway, but enough time to figure out whats going on. most radars wont pickup photoradar, only the good ones.

Maxt
09-18-2003, 05:15 AM
They have these windows on buildings now that turn black when a voltage is applied to the film, its only going to be a matter of time, before someone puts this stuff on a licence plate cover and puts a photographers flash detector switch on it...by by photoradar....Maxt

mwmhong
09-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
They have these windows on buildings now that turn black when a voltage is applied to the film, its only going to be a matter of time, before someone puts this stuff on a licence plate cover and puts a photographers flash detector switch on it...by by photoradar....Maxt

Cost? :D

I have seen a Blue Jetta TDI with a VERY dark plate cover, so dark that you could not see the plate at all if there even was one.

At my old job downton, I would always see this silver Hyundai Accent with a clear plastic plate cover that was all dirty, yellowed and cracked oscuring the plate big-time.
The lady driver always drove like a jackass on the way to work, thinking she was hot $#it and cut everyone off on 9th Ave. :thumbsdow

Dren
04-07-2006, 01:05 PM
500 for plate cover ticket?

Goblin
04-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
I have a vanity plate and am not keen on having it exposed to the elements, nor having some asshole steal my reg sticker. My cover has absolutely no hint of tint to it tho, and I've been pulled over twice with no issues... knock on wood.

Khyron

Yeah when my reg comes up this june, I want to get one too. I dont want a 200 dollar plate being exposed to the elements... you see the cracked up ones time to time. need to have it looking good :thumbsup: