PDA

View Full Version : Nice or Rice??

3G
09-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Im doing a poll for a magazine im making, and I'm doing an article on riced out Civics..

SO what do you think about the average civic/prelude/accord/integra with thesame body kit and fart can?

Ben
09-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
Im doing a poll for a magazine im making, and I'm doing an article on riced out Civics..

SO what do you think about the average civic/prelude/accord/integra with thesame body kit and fart can?

Unoriginal and typical.

Z24
09-17-2003, 11:16 AM
They can do what they like. Not everybody cares about being the fastest car on the street because they know it's against the law to street race and they might not go to race city. Some people just want their car to look good and sound a little better. They don't think about people on websites calling them a ricer cause half of those kids don't even know wtf ricer means. They just want to personalize their car so any of they people they actually care about thinks it's nice.

civiclvr
09-17-2003, 11:27 AM
people build their car to their tastes... if more than one are the same then people either have the same type of style, cash flow, or interest in the scene. It all helps in the end make parts cheaper and easier to access... it's everyone personal tastes and should just show the general public that they have an interest in thier cars.

rice_eater
09-17-2003, 11:36 AM
THEY ARE ALL BASICLY LEMMINGS!!!

Blue Devil 2
09-17-2003, 11:45 AM

Why don't you write about something that actually matters?

Mr_John
09-17-2003, 12:02 PM

I think its better then taking the bus!

finboy
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
THEY ARE ALL BASICLY LEMMINGS!!! :werd:

ReMiXed lude
09-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Z24
They can do what they like. Not everybody cares about being the fastest car on the street because they know it's against the law to street race and they might not go to race city. Some people just want their car to look good and sound a little better. They don't think about people on websites calling them a ricer cause half of those kids don't even know wtf ricer means. They just want to personalize their car so any of they people they actually care about thinks it's nice.

:werd:

freeeked
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Ha ha ha - keep starting threads like this(sarcasm) - they really add to the intellectual content. I got another great thread title - "List all the reasons why you hate people who don't think they way you do" - that would be informative too.

403Gemini
09-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Z24

i agree 100%

if you only want your car for show what does it matter how fast it is? Like stated, its illegal to street race and they might not have the time to hit up race city.

ZorroAMG
09-17-2003, 01:05 PM
YAWN! Ooooh where can I buy this magazine???? :rolleyes:

3G
09-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

haha sorry man its not for sale just a project for credits

3G
09-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2

Why don't you write about something that actually matters?

why don't you give me something better to write about :dunno:

Seanith
09-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

I think its an article for "Retards Quarterly". Who gives a shit? :dunno:

Mr_John
09-17-2003, 01:48 PM

why don't you give me something better to write about :dunno:

if you dont have any other ideas then you sure as hell shouldnt be writing ANY articles in ANY magazine

ZorroAMG
09-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Boy,
I was kidding.

Seanith
09-17-2003, 02:03 PM
i wasn't insulting you.

ZorroAMG
09-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Gotcha! :)

3G
09-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

ayre feek , why dont you go fuck yourself asshole :dunno:

rice_eater
09-17-2003, 07:08 PM
why you keep insulting people in indian???

3G
09-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
why you keep insulting people in indian???

thats not indian u fuckhead.. i use it cuz i like it and if you don't be an idiot i won't cuss you in it;)

Spenser
09-17-2003, 07:29 PM
O burn, better watch out, he's gona cuss you in his evail secret language..........ooooo

ZorroAMG
09-17-2003, 08:24 PM
He's speaking Arabic...sort of...LOL

and Spenser: Shhhh! You are not allowed to speak until your balls drop, or you get a spell check program...whichever comes last...oh, and did you manage to find Nemo yet?

3G
09-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Spenser
O burn, better watch out, he's gona cuss you in his evail secret language..........ooooo

buddy how old are you?? 13, 14?? go grow some balls then come back..and here's a suggestion: edit your post with Microsoft Word Spell Checker before you post..Now you can finish beating off

JustinL
09-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Ahhhh good old beyond brow beating!! Everybody jump on the bandwagon!

HTN SWCHS
09-18-2003, 09:25 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: fakin hilarus

ZorroAMG
09-18-2003, 09:28 AM
LOL

sandman
09-18-2003, 10:16 AM
its ok for ppl to do those things i guess to their cars as long as they dont act like idiots doing it
qand they dont look lik that blue civic hatch that some1 posted, that was kinda gay, but when some1 thorws on some stickers, a kit, a fart can, rims and a spoiler and pulls up to a car way faster, but still rev at the lights and do a ricery fly by before getting wasted by the other car not even trying, well, thas rice for u

Maxt
09-18-2003, 04:51 PM
I really think the Honda ricing and fart canning is solely a North American thing.. I am not sure why its come to fruition here, but in Japan, I haven't seen one riced out Honda the entire time I have been here, in fact I haven't even seen a honda with aftermarket rims outside of an Nsx and a couple of s2k's, the rest of the cars have been bonestock, and that has been very few in unto itself, as I said in an earlier post, Ihave seen moreporsche boxters here than civics preludes,accords etc...
From cruising the performance shops and stuff, and seeing Japanese race on the freeways firsthand, I kinda get the idea that you don't mod your car here unless you are 100% balls out serious about backing up with speed with what your car looks like...
In Calgary in particular, people seem to be more focused on the cosmetic than the performance end of things, I think part of it is there isnt a really wide knowledgebase here for making cars fast and dependable, I think we don't take home enough money on average to buy speedparts on global pricing, our dollar stinks on the foriegn currency market, and that really limits our buying power on foriegn performance parts, which we have to buy, because in Canada we do not have the following or the base to create our performance parts, somwhat due to the lack of population, and also being due that Canada has been losing its technilogical competitive edge over the last 25 years as it become more of raw material exporter rather than a refiner.
After seeing the homeland of performance for alot of the cars that get 'tuner' treatment,about 98% of the cars on our roads are pure rice, imho...Max

rx7_turbo2
09-18-2003, 05:28 PM
I agree

It would be alot easier to get REAL speed parts here if people focused some of the energy they spend on body kits and blue lights, on turbo's and intercoolers. Most people here are "want to be's" They want to look like they have a fast car but don't have the balls to actually attempt building one. It's kind of a shame, but it also means those of us willing to play with speed are a little more unique.

3G
09-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for the decent responses!

fiero_type_s
09-19-2003, 06:19 PM
maxt i agree with everything you said but i would like to add something. speed parts on the world market are easyer to come by for some cars in comparison then other's. honda speed parts are much cheeper then and easyer to find the dawoo parts, so i have to respect the guy rollin in his "Riced out " dawoo then i do to the guy in the civic. there is something to say about being different. I have myself found this to be true. i found 50% of people give not respect to people that step out of the box and do something different. i drive a very riced out Fiero as so might know and proformance Parts are not easy to come by of an 151 ponitac L4 iron duke and it's potential for making a horsepower monster out of it is slim. tunning a car to it's full potential is more inpressive then any bodykit and lights. blot-ons are the same thing cool but not hard to find or bolt on for some manufactures and inpossable for other's. personly i never race my car i have spent lot's of money to make it faster (much faster) but the cost of one stunding ticket would cause me to park the car for a long time and then what all the money i spent for noting put a big paper stop. so to end this soon i argee with everything maxt said and give props to the guy's who tune there car to it's full potential not to the guys with the nice kit's paint and fatcan's.

ZorroAMG
09-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
I really think the Honda ricing and fart canning is solely a North American thing.. I am not sure why its come to fruition here, but in Japan, I haven't seen one riced out Honda the entire time I have been here, in fact I haven't even seen a honda with aftermarket rims outside of an Nsx and a couple of s2k's, the rest of the cars have been bonestock, and that has been very few in unto itself, as I said in an earlier post, Ihave seen moreporsche boxters here than civics preludes,accords etc...

That is because the Civic in Japan is like the J-body to us...LOL