PDA

View Full Version : Review: McDonald's Angus burger

TomcoPDR
10-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Just got off work 30 minutes ago and the Wendy's is closed (otherwise, I wanna try their new BBQ chicken burger)

McDick's just down the street attached to the gas station (but it's a pretty done up McD's... it's even got the automatic garbage bin flip door)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2442.jpg

Got the Angus burger combo with a Fruitopia, fries, 6 piece nuggets, Filet-O-fish, apple pie.

Looks presentable, clean, not much flavor to tingle your senses though (doesn't smell like anything), I even went all out adding cheddar cheese.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2443.jpg

There wasn't much excitment into this, partly due to my tired state of mind from a 13-15 hrs shift, or just the fact that knowing I'll be pwning myself with some McDutch-Oven once I head to bed in 1-2 hours. There's definitely nothing to be "lovin'" about with McFarts. :thumbsdow

Anyways, least I could do for myself was dim the lights, set the fire, start downloading the XXX, before biting into this all American treat.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2445.jpg

Boy was I not impressed, at the same time not surprised, could just be the 30yo dude behind the kitchen just doesn't like me. I'm so glad I've ordered my old time favorites along with this, no taste, no sauces, this burger just has no soul.

In sum I'm renaming this the McDonald's 100% cardboard Anus burger. :barf:

Anyways, not all is lost.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2447.jpg

bobby_lu
10-09-2008, 12:07 AM
The Angus burger sucks, I dont think the patty is even any different from their regular patties. Way to bready too.

On a related note, the Sirloin burger is back at A&W.

avow
10-09-2008, 12:43 AM
i find all of the mcdinks new burgers (the ones on the gay buns) are retarded. they have way too much bread and are way over priced for the crap you get. i am just really pissed that they killed off the big extra. that was the only thing worth ordering there. i am not a big fan of the fake cheese.

three.eighteen.
10-09-2008, 12:47 AM
i actually like the new angus burger, mind you its only good with bacon and cheese

dino_martini
10-09-2008, 07:02 AM
I like the Angus as well. But its hit and miss. One day you get a good one, one day you dont.

88CRX
10-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Anyways, least I could do for myself was dim the lights, set the fire, start downloading the XXX, before biting into this all American treat.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My friend ordered one of these a while back after seeing the billboard picture (think massive burger) only to be completely dissapointed as well. Couldn't even see the burger patie under all that bun.

analbumcover
10-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by avow
i find all of the mcdinks new burgers (the ones on the gay buns) are retarded. they have way too much bread and are way over priced for the crap you get. i am just really pissed that they killed off the big extra. that was the only thing worth ordering there. i am not a big fan of the fake cheese.

Big extra = quarter pounder no mustard with mayo and lettuce.

Same meat, the only difference is that they used to season the patty when cooking.

Kloubek
10-09-2008, 08:30 AM
+1 for liking this burger. IMO, it is the best burger McRaunchies has put out. But agreed, I'm only talking about the bacon/cheddar version.

VWEvo
10-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Damn,
I thought this was the best burger!!! I loved the fresh veggies (at least what appeared to be) and thick cheddar cheese. :hitit:

benyl
10-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I am finding McD's burgers really dry these days.

ekguy
10-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah they replaced the Big Xtra for this piece of shit. I hate it so much it has no flavor like you said. And the bread is way to thick for that tasteless patty. I stick to the double big mac or filet o fish

Tik-Tok
10-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I am finding McD's burgers really dry these days.

Sawdust tends to be dry.

Eleanor
10-09-2008, 10:14 AM
:rofl: @ McFart

snoop101
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
you can polish a turd, but its still a turd.

max_boost
10-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Getting McFarts from the Anus Burger is :thumbsdow lol :barf: :rofl:

EK 2.0
10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover

Same meat, the only difference is that they used to season the patty when cooking.

This I did not know. But that seasoning made SO much difference. I LOVED the Big Extra...no onions and EXTRA pickles...whooooo

teknical
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Not a good burger at all :( When i go to mcdicks, I still go for the crispy chicken, or mcnuggets :D

The Uncle burger at A & W (The sirloin) is very good, +1 for the Dirty Dubs!

analbumcover
10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

This I did not know. But that seasoning made SO much difference. I LOVED the Big Extra...no onions and EXTRA pickles...whooooo

When the Big Xtra first came to McDonalds, it was a completely different patty. McDonalds was quick to cut corners and decided to just use the same as the 1/4 pounder meat and add a seasoning consisting of mostly salt/pepper while cooking.

Next time you're there order the Quarter Pounder with cheese, no mustard or onions with extra pickles, mayo and lettuce, and make sure there is ketchup on there. Let me know if you can tell the difference.

LOL I used to work there, its not like i researched this :nut:

2002civic
10-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Is monopoly back?

dr_jared88
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
^yup

LadyLuck
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Big Mac with Honey Mustard dip and Extra pickles :drool: :drool: :drool:

Shunsui
10-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Double Cheeseburger, and dress it like a Mac:thumbsup:

CokerRat
10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by teknical
The Uncle burger at A & W (The sirloin) is very good, +1 for the Dirty Dubs!
This.

EK 2.0
10-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

Big Mac with Honey Mustard dip and Extra pickles :drool: :drool: :drool:

So, you like pickles huh??...:D

Originally posted by EK 2.0

:love: Love connection??...

Grogador
10-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
On a related note, the Sirloin burger is back at A&W.

+3 had one last week and it was damn good. Maybe I'll have one for lunch tomorrow and write a review ;) I'll never understand why people still go to McDicks, for years I've been calling it grease-soaked cardboard because THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!

nonlinear
10-10-2008, 01:58 PM

When the Big Xtra first came to McDonalds, it was a completely different patty. McDonalds was quick to cut corners and decided to just use the same as the 1/4 pounder meat and add a seasoning consisting of mostly salt/pepper while cooking.

Next time you're there order the Quarter Pounder with cheese, no mustard or onions with extra pickles, mayo and lettuce, and make sure there is ketchup on there. Let me know if you can tell the difference.

LOL I used to work there, its not like i researched this :nut:

so if I actually order this, will they just give me tomato and lettuce on the burger for free???? or do they charge extra for that

meaning, can i add basically any of the ingredients to any of the sandwichesz/??

elspeilbergo
10-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Fantastic burg! All the fresh veggies on it, and does anyone know what kind of sauce is on this bad boy?

mind you I've been high every time i've eaten it.

bobby_lu
10-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by elspeilbergo
Fantastic burg! All the fresh veggies on it, and does anyone know what kind of sauce is on this bad boy?

mind you I've been high every time i've eaten it.

It's garlic mayo.

06civic
10-10-2008, 03:56 PM

they use to have different size meat as well

three.eighteen.
10-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Shunsui
Double Cheeseburger, and dress it like a Mac:thumbsup:

nuh uh son...its about big mac, made w/ quarter pounder patties...i asked for it once, the dude had no idea what to do, they charged me $0.68 to do it

cjay^
10-10-2008, 04:25 PM
If anyone has/gets water works in monopoly hit me up and we get $25 each

:D

SoSimpo
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by cjay^
If anyone has/gets water works in monopoly hit me up and we get $25 each

:D

nvm. its electric company =(

analbumcover
10-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear

so if I actually order this, will they just give me tomato and lettuce on the burger for free???? or do they charge extra for that

meaning, can i add basically any of the ingredients to any of the sandwichesz/??

oh yeah i forgot about tomato, yeah they charge for extra toppings, pretty gay but if you want the big extra thats the route you have to go

89s1
10-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 06civic

they use to have different size meat as well

He clears all that up in a later post He didnt want to upset the McD's elite.

Reading > you.

+1 for working at McD's at some point in life. Once you're bored with the menu you come up with some pretty slick shit. I used to start my mornings with some french toast made from the center slice of big mac buns. :drool:

Impreza
10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
The best is the grilled southwest chicken.. OMFG