PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experience with aspnet_regsql?

adam c
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
As the title states...

I'm having some issues with creating a db with SQL Express 2008

I've googled and the such, can't get the information i need, seeing as there are IT guys here, maybe someone has some input

my complete question is here
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Development/MS-SQL-Server/SQL_Server_2008/Q_23801046.html
I know you won't be able to see the answers since you aren't a paid member, it's just the detailed issue I am having

Stealth22
10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
You sure you got the server name right? Try 127.0.0.1 to force it to look at your computer, although computer name should work just fine.

The other thing you might try is YOURCOMPNAME\SQLExpress...I haven't used SQL Server Express much, but I saw it installed on a workstation at work once, and to access it, you had to add the '\SQLEXPRESS'

Long shot, but it's worth a try... :dunno:

adam c
10-09-2008, 01:48 PM
tried it.. nothing

it works with 05 express dunno why, but i really don't want to uninstall everything i have and download, reinstall 05, took an entire day to do everything

Stealth22
10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah I don't know much about SQL Server...haven't worked with 2008 at all. If I was in front of the machine I might be able to try and figure it out, but I don't think I'd be much better than you.