PDA

View Full Version : Lexus to go Hybrid Only, Neat

schocker
10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
There are now reports that Lexus will be shifting to Hybrid only. Report can be found here:
http://www.motorauthority.com/report-lexus-will-likely-become-a-hybrid-only-brand.html
Did not expect this news, I cant say I am a fan of the news.

Xtrema
10-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Not surprised.

If you are going to have F brands, you got to have something else to satisfy CAFE.

Redlyne_mr2
10-09-2008, 08:29 PM
The next generation of hybrids are going to be pretty amazing as well, some pretty exciting technology around the corner.

Revhard
10-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes, the new hybrids are getting better fast. Funny how demand excelerates progress. Gasoline here in the states right now is getting cheaper literally by the day. It has dropped close to $1/gallon since last week. Only 2.95/gallon by the hotel here in Cleveland. Even so, the price to drive anywhere is getting silly.
Why not be more efficient. You don't need 450hp to go 120km/h.
It makes sense. Get a car that is luxurious and gets good economy for long trips. More comfort,less noise,and less overall cost:thumbsup:

A790
10-09-2008, 11:32 PM
I think they're being short sighted. Electric vehicles seem to be a more obvious solution to the fuel dilemma.

Kloubek
10-09-2008, 11:47 PM
^^^I hear ya. But technology is just not at that point yet where they will be able to make vehicles with realistic pricing for the masses. I'm sure if they switch to all Hybrids, you can expect them all to be full electrics in 5-10.

bashir26
10-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The next generation of hybrids are going to be pretty amazing as well, some pretty exciting technology around the corner.

can you not be so vague. give us details!

black13
10-10-2008, 12:16 AM
That is a pretty bold move.
I don't think Hybrids are gonna get big until they get a lot cheaper and Lexus isn't exactly known for making cheap cars.

Redlyne_mr2
10-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by black13
That is a pretty bold move.
I don't think Hybrids are gonna get big until they get a lot cheaper and Lexus isn't exactly known for making cheap cars.
lots of cheap hybrids out there right now civic, camry etc, it's not just Lexus. Good gas mileage isnt the only reason Lexus is going hybrid. The hybrids are so much better to drive than their electric counterparts, theyre quiter, smoother, just a much better ride in general compared to the gas models.

Inzane
10-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by schocker
There are now reports that Lexus will be shifting to Hybrid only.

:rofl: :rofl:

As it stands now I'm already having trouble finding enough that's interesting among "Toyota" product in general. This just takes the cake and ensures I'll likely never buy a Toyota...

Vagabond142
10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by A790
I think they're being short sighted. Electric vehicles seem to be a more obvious solution to the fuel dilemma.

What will fuel the generation of electricity then? Counterpoint! :D

dr_jared88
10-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

Exactly. The power is coming from somewhere whether it be wind, hydro, nuclear or whatever. Every way we take power affects the world one way or another. There is no way to get power without it costing something.

Xtrema
10-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

Single source VS multi source.

Originally posted by black13
Lexus isn't exactly known for making cheap cars.

Luxury has the margin to be testing ground of new tech.

Backup camera, GPS, adjustable suspension all arrive on high price model first.

A790
10-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

Exactly. The power is coming from somewhere whether it be wind, hydro, nuclear or whatever. Every way we take power affects the world one way or another. There is no way to get power without it costing something.
Of course not, but there are ways to generate electricity that are more efficient or renewable when compared to gasoline/diesel.