PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Running Like Garbage...?

Fluidic
09-17-2003, 04:06 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't get on most of the time... DNS Server errors -- blah - blah.

What's the story -- I have withdrawl after 10 minutes of not Beyond surfing! lol

Peter

kenny
09-17-2003, 04:08 PM
There was a glitch with the Shaw network yesterday night, and I suspect multiple times before that affected just some websites. Several people had problems accessing the site and contacted me, but at the time there were 95+ active users.

On other occasions, the Telus DSL network has problems connecting to beyond.ca. It is just the nature of the internet :) Nothing beyond.ca can do about it if there are connectivity problems on the internet.

Fluidic
09-17-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm with Shaw. :)

Thanks for the info Kenny -- oh... and I think the computer+monitor are sold.

Peter

rage2
09-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Shaw's DNS servers suck... fairly slow, doesn't resolve at times, and when it goes down at 8pm, nobody fixes it until 10am so you can't visit any websites even though things are still working.

I suggest you find a few other "free" DNS server on the net and use those for name resolution.

Fluidic
09-17-2003, 05:11 PM
WTF are DNS servers anyways? I know computers -- but all this Internet bullshit is confusing.

How do I change -- who do I bitch to -- I want to yell at someone. :)

Peter

Ben
09-17-2003, 05:14 PM
DNS servers are Domain Name Servers. Basically a database that houses what the Computer name of a computer address is (IP address versus domain name etc.) Simply put, it records the IP address of a domain so that we as humans dont have to remember.

ACS-e36
09-17-2003, 05:17 PM
mine was fucked last night and just an hour ago