PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a photoshoot!

mboldt
10-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Hey guys,

I am doing a photoshoot next Friday evening with a band for their promotional use and for my portfolio / contest entries. It will be involving the band with all of their gear setup in the back of an open back / top truck. I am posting because I am in need of some help / opinions / thoughts!

I want to have the band setup, looking as if they are rocking out in the back of the truck that's driving through downtown or down centerstreet bridge or something crazy... Only a 4 member band so I am hoping to be able to fit everyone... That's why I am posting on here.. I've done some research on trucks, I was thinking about trying to get a 24 hour test drive and using that... but most dealers don't have extended box trucks on lot... well any dealer in Crowfoot doesn't seem to.

Does anyone know of anywhere that has extended cab trucks or even one of those small diesel flatbeds that are used for welding and stuff? OR does anyone on here feel like coming to have fun for a night for some beer? hahah

I need to be able to fit a drum kit + vocalist in front of the drummer... I was thinking about having the 2 guitarists jumping up with their feet on the sides of the box to get a bit of separation from the drum kit.

Any help, recommendations, insight would be awesome! I'm looking create a suuuuper killer shot for my portfolio... Something similar to the shot posted below.

Also anyone interested in helping out with rigging, gear setup / movement, etc. and seeing my work process. PM me!

PS. The band will not be in the bed while the vehicle is moving, I'll be using layers to compile frames, it'll all be shot in a parking lot with full studio lighting setup around the truck to light them as they get their poses right, then the empty bedded truck will be driven down whatever road for the blur / background part of the image =)

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but the shot I was talking about that it'll be similar to:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/mboldt/selfportweb.jpg

mboldt
10-10-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't know if I should've posted this in General not General Bikes / Cars, so please move it if you believe it should be mods! Thanks =) My bad.

EM1FTW
10-10-2008, 08:11 AM
anyone who goes to help be careful.
mike will touch you. :drama:

jdmsource
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by EM1FTW
anyone who goes to help be careful.
mike will touch you. :drama:

:rofl: i was just gonna post that warning up but brad beat me to it

EM1FTW
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM