PDA

View Full Version : lots of cops out today!

asp integra
10-10-2008, 11:42 AM
this morning i saw 3 speed traps from strathcona to u of c, goin down bow trail to crow. just a heads up to everyone, also saw a lot of cop cars rollin around today, so everyone slow down a bit and watch out! lol

QuasarCav
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
LOL

kenny
10-10-2008, 11:46 AM
They can't hide on Glenmore anymore, so they're stationed elsewhere :rofl:

The Bow Trail speed trap at Crowchild Trail is killer. So difficult to drive 50 km/h there going downhill. Unless you're behind another vehicle, or they already have someone pulled over you'll get nailed there.

Redlyne_mr2
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Yah something is going down.. there was one out at 1120pm, hiding along crowchild south bound near 33ave. Also saw another one in the garrison green area and theyre never out there. Revenue Calgary must be low on their quota.

hypnotoad
10-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Well it's Thanksgiving weekend...so there's bound to be some speeders out there. Thanks for the heads-up.

rc2002
10-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by kenny
They can't hide on Glenmore anymore, so they're stationed elsewhere :rofl:

The Bow Trail speed trap at Crowchild Trail is killer. So difficult to drive 50 km/h there going downhill. Unless you're behind another vehicle, or they already have someone pulled over you'll get nailed there.

Are they actually giving tickets out before the bow trail bridge construction?

I thought the bus lane took away their space to setup a trap there.

zipdoa
10-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

I got hit with a multinova there once... never again! I no longer support fundraising =)

You think if everyone in Calgary stopped speeding, the CPS would go broke?? It seems the only thing all these extra officers do is hand out tickets.

rc2002
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I think that's the most famous Multinova location in Calgary. I'm surprised how many people still get nailed there.

Considering that the ticket quota is one ticket per shift, yes I'm sure the CPS would have to petition either the city or the province for funding. Those millions of dollars aren't going to come from nowhere. Luckily there are way too many idiot drivers here. I could probably give out 50 tickets a day for stupid things I see just driving into work and back home.

kenny
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

They park their vehicles inside the construction pilons and hide behind the bridge support and nail drivers coming down Bow Trail, and the drivers taking the 12ave turn off.

Traffic gets slowed down even more when they pull someone over because theres not much room for vehicles to pull off to.

Kennyredline
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Yah something is going down.. there was one out at 1120pm, hiding along crowchild south bound near 33ave. Also saw another one in the garrison green area and theyre never out there. Revenue Calgary must be low on their quota.

Maybe they've been checking out Beyond...reading about the "f-ing kids in the white Mustang" and the poor guy that almost lost his lunch in his car....:poosie:

403ep3
10-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Last night when I was driving home at around 9:30 there was a couple cops on beddington blvd in the nw. I was surprised they were out so late. I never speed there and whenever I see lights or anything reflective, I slow the hell down.

2002civic
10-10-2008, 02:33 PM
there always on beddington in the 50 zones