PDA

View Full Version : Anybody go to the Amon Amarth show last night?

Darkane
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Fucking brilliant.

The Absence was alright, not my style. Kind of grindcore with some slower stufff.

Belphagor was awesome. Pure in your face grind/death metal.

Ensiferum - No words for the epicness (Primary reason I went :D)

Amon Amarth - The thunder gods reigned supreme. Highlight of the night for me was when they played Asator, Twilight of the Thunder God, Valhalla awaits, Cry of the Blackbird.

All in all amazing night, show ended at 12:30am, sold out crowd.

9/10!!

Bought myself a badass Ensiferum shirt too. "Blood is the price of Glory" :whipped: :whipped:

ekguy
10-10-2008, 03:20 PM
I wanted to go. Good ole Viking metal hahaha. Amon Amarth is wicked.

Crymson
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Some friends went last night, said it was amazing.

powerslave
10-10-2008, 04:18 PM
I was there, good show. The Absence were good, had some nice tunes, however they did butcher Testament's Into The Pit cover.

Belphegor I wasn't too impressed with, I find it funny when bands take themselves seriously.

Ensiferum were pretty entertaining, and their music is pretty good, but I'd take Finntroll over them any day.

And of course, the band I came to see, Amon Amarth absolutely kicked ass. I've been listening to the new album a lot, and was really impressed how flawlessly they pull it off live. I mean, the guitar solos were perfect! Everything was amazing.

Definitely would love to see AA again!

Darkane
10-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by powerslave
I was there, good show. The Absence were good, had some nice tunes, however they did butcher Testament's Into The Pit cover.

Belphegor I wasn't too impressed with, I find it funny when bands take themselves seriously.

Ensiferum were pretty entertaining, and their music is pretty good, but I'd take Finntroll over them any day.

And of course, the band I came to see, Amon Amarth absolutely kicked ass. I've been listening to the new album a lot, and was really impressed how flawlessly they pull it off live. I mean, the guitar solos were perfect! Everything was amazing.

Definitely would love to see AA again!

Agreed on the into the pit cover.

Side note, did you see that hot blonde with the greasy, pencil thin, bearded, long haired guy? Talk about a miss match! hahah.

/hopes it's not powerslave :poosie:

powerslave
10-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Haha, nope can't recall seeing her. Although I did see the keyboard player for Ensiferum... Hottie!

Darkane
10-13-2008, 03:11 PM
^^ Yes, yes she is :D I want to hook up with her lol.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/Quintesson_2006/l_c57490e679c0daf4a977e7c944078d0a.jpg