PDA

View Full Version : Last night at the Amsterdam Rhino (crazy asians with knives)

zipdoa
10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
So i'll try and keep this short, but it just boggles my mind when I see shit like this first hand.

Was at the Rhino last night with my group of friends, first time there, quite a nice place, really laid back crowd. The night progresses and around 2am, i'm walking over by the dance floor when some asian hardcore hits the floor right infront of me. Blood sprays the floor and my shoes, but I calmly step over him and dodge around the next 10 or so people that begin to jump into this fight. There's no real 'tough' bouncers at this place so the fight continues for another couple minutes until the asians get their boys on one side and some white chaps are holding each other back on the other.

My friends and I decide that this is a prime time to leave, so we swiftly exit the building and wait out front for the DD to pull up the car. As we wait outside, the rivals encounter eachother again and start going at it. I back away a little up the street and see that 3 of the asians, including the original who got his nose busted, have gone and gotten knives. Two of them are carrying smaller blades behind their backs, and one of them has a 2 foot machete wrapped in a black cloth. I think to myself 'these fucking asians are going to kill one of these kids, tonight!!', so I sprint over to the line up and yell at the white kids/bouncers involved in the fight and tell them about the situation thats building up.

The hardcores with the knives run around the block a couple of times, and a group of about 4 bouncers start searching the perimeter for them/the kids they're after to make sure they've long gone. A long story short, i'm pretty sure the asians were unable to find their target, as I think the white kids realized fairly quickly the gravity of the situation and what it would turn into, but I was actually really suprised to witness this first hand, at what I thought would be a fairly safe club.

Any thoughts on the subject? The asian kids got owned in the fist fight, seeing as they're pretty tiny and wirey, but I have a feeling they were out looking for a beef considering that they brought weapons with them anyway. It's too bad fights don't always end with fists anymore.

2002civic
10-11-2008, 11:09 AM
a knife makes anyone think they're tough, another reason I rarely got out in calgary these days as people are trying to start shit anywhere they can for no reason other than a fight

wardpr68
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
typical skinny ass runt asian kids for you.... thats what they do. I would laugh if they brought a knife and still got their ass kicked though.

A790
10-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Fuck, alcohol and testosterone don't mix.

I went to Bubble Mania last night with a friend of mine and kept it low key. No knives involved, MUAHAHAHA.

Pollywog
10-11-2008, 11:15 AM
My brother went to cowboys last night (18 years old, slightly overweight, glasses - a big harry potter) and some asshole thought he was all tough, so when they accidentally bumped each other on the dancefloor the other guy grabbed my brother by the neck and wouldn't stop threatening him. (He is fucking lucky I wasn't there..)

I can't go to the bar anymore, I can't stand to be around 90% of the people at them.

spikerS
10-11-2008, 11:17 AM
dude, i don't goto clubs anymore. I am one of the bigger people you can meet, and yet liquid courage will make some people find the biggest guy in a bar and try to prove they are a man. I kid you not.

I can sit at a bar, watching something on tv, talk to no one but the bartender, not make eye contact with anyone, and someone will come pick a fight.

Ask Barmanjay. we went to a fucking tim hortons to look at housing listings, and some punk tried to start shit up with me.

WTF is wrong with people?!?!

msommers
10-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Fuck they're infesting the rhino now? Thank God no one was 'seriously' injured.

Knife fights are scary as hell; I'm pretty sure I was talkin to some guys involved in one. I was coming out of Tantra around closing and see three ambulances and a ton of cop cars across the street with some kid on a stretcher. I asked a group of guys if they saw what happen, he looks at me and with no emotion says "he got what he deserved." My jaw dropped to the ground, wtf do you say to that?! I later found out from the news that there was a stabbing, no one around said fuck all about it that night.

zipdoa
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by spikers
dude, i don't goto clubs anymore. I am one of the bigger people you can meet, and yet liquid courage will make some people find the biggest guy in a bar and try to prove they are a man. I kid you not.

I can sit at a bar, watching something on tv, talk to no one but the bartender, not make eye contact with anyone, and someone will come pick a fight.

Ask Barmanjay. we went to a fucking tim hortons to look at housing listings, and some punk tried to start shit up with me.

Yeah, some black dude was starting to get a little lippy about my height:

random black dude : 'how tall you son? you a tall ass white boy'
me: '6'8'
rbd: 'oh you a tall motherfucker, i still dunk on you boy'
me: 'goob job *head nod*'
rbd continues to mumble about shit and staring me down :facepalm:

CUG
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lmcRYy29Q

JRSC00LUDE
10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by spikers

No shit, I'm not tiny either and just last weekend some RBD (as per the other post haha) decided to give me grief and then engage in the old staredown for awhile for no good reason. Then he comes over and throws a fucking drink in my face.

Joke was on him though cause I threw my hands into his face and busted him up good. :angel:

But seriously, if you knew me I'm not nearly the asshole that I like to pretend to be on the intarweb and yet I'm nearly always the one guy out of the group that gets targetted for fisticuffs. People see a moderate sized bald dude with inked arms and they want to test you. :dunno:

At least knives don't happen as often here, people that pull weapons will always be weak losers no matter now many people they "beat down".

topmade
10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
It's the crazy asian mentality that they have to win the battle no matter what it takes because they are so cool they must have the upper hand. White guys will do it one on one style, then go for beers afterwards, but with asians it won't end until someone gets killed. I'm asian myself and larger then most asians and encountered this before where I backed down after being surrounded by like 10 of these tough kids and we called it a truce because I didn't want to end up dead in a street alley.

sxtothe240
10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
everyone is Y&D gangsta:dunno:

Konj
10-11-2008, 12:26 PM
you scurred pussy ass

BrknFngrs
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Definitely a major turn-off about Calgary night life.

I still find it funny that this kind of shit happens on a regular basis but people still get upset when comments, like those made by Lee Richardson back in September, are made.

2002civic
10-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Konj
you scurred pussy ass

well we found one of the losers

xLostx
10-11-2008, 12:42 PM
sounds like a typical calgary weekend night to me hahaha

JRSC00LUDE
10-11-2008, 12:42 PM
you scurred pussy ass

:dunno:

pf0sh0
10-11-2008, 12:49 PM
you scurred pussy ass

nice.

Supa Dexta
10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
you scurred pussy ass

mini dick, knife wielding asian alert. And 3723, hrmm.

2jzgte
10-11-2008, 04:28 PM
ahh Reminds me what happen when i came back from california. in the mall here in Regina, Some white kid came up to me threaten to kick my ass because...get this he says i told everyone i was in the Triads. I have no clue who he was...and im Cambodian.

Big wtf...from my group of friends.:dunno:

Kloubek
10-11-2008, 04:45 PM
There will always be idiots we need to share the planet with.

Just be thankful you can assess them as an idiot, as opposed to thinking they are acting normally. I don't so much mind being on this side of the fence, so to speak...

pf0sh0
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 2jzgte
ahh Reminds me what happen when i came back from california. in the mall here in Regina, Some white kid came up to me threaten to kick my ass because...get this he says i told everyone i was in the Triads. I have no clue who he was...and im Cambodian.

Big wtf...from my group of friends.:dunno:

lol, one of the perks of being asian. too many stereotypes for us. It is either we are smart, know a form of martial art, eat sushi all the time and rice, have asian jewels, and are in asian gangs. srsly, why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnlkVP7MaB4&feature=related

Eleanor
10-11-2008, 06:19 PM
And that's why I don't go to clubs. Especially not in Calgary.

vengie
10-11-2008, 06:31 PM
im the same way... im a very laid back low key guy, about 6' 170lbs with a larger then normal build... i have tattoo's down the back of both triceps. its quite amazing how many people try to fight me... and for what?
the mindset of most people in this city is just mind boggling...

oh and my tattoos say "family" and "faith"... figure that:dunno:

ZorroAMG
10-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Fucking little faggy asian wannabe gangsters....Another reason why I go to lounges instead of clubs now.

Leave your knives at home you pussies, I dare you.

Grogador
10-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Friday night we finished up pretty early at the Rhino and were having pizza across the street. As we left, I saw three white boys hiding behind a jeep, one had some sort of weapon like a pipe, I guess it could've been a machete wrapped in something. Anyway we didn't care, kept walking. Bunch of idiot pussies.

What was with the stench downstairs? :barf: :barf: :barf:

Also, someone pepper sprayed the downstairs dancefloor a week or two ago on Saturday night. Too bad, Rhino used to be one of the last decent places to visit...

Kloubek
10-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Hope it was a pipe. (As ridiculous as that sounds.)

Not sure a white boy knows how to use a machete properly. :)

I remember as a kid seeing my father's machete on the wall - thinking it would be one hell of a weapon to hack at people with. (I had a morbid mind at an early age) Apparently, it is. But I had no idea people in "civilized" places would use it for exactly that.

Be a man. If you want to fight, use your fists. Using guns, knives, etc, is the pussy way out.

mugen6
10-12-2008, 03:40 AM
im flip so i dont know if you'd classify that as asians. i like to solve those kind of problems by fist fighting, i enjoy it. but to bring weapons, i got one for you in the trunk. lol.

TACO.VIDAL
10-12-2008, 08:39 AM
a few ruin it for everyone. shit like this is why bars dont let you in if your not white.

JRSC00LUDE
10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
a few ruin it for everyone. shit like this is why bars dont let you in if your not white.

If your what isn't white? Shirt? Shoes? :dunno:

Rat Fink
10-12-2008, 11:34 AM

D911
10-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You're Relentless with it!

the classic
Oh sorry kids, its 35 and up tonght.

sneek
10-12-2008, 11:59 AM
That is pretty scary! I go out quite often but have yet to see a knife fight INSIDE a club. Whats nice about the "bigger" clubs is that they have better bouncers. I have seen bouncers at Roadhouse literally throw guys out. Although I have seen them throw the wrong person out. Some girl punched another girl at cowboys, and the girl that got punched in the face got kicked out.

I am asian, but I try to avoid clubs where lots of asian kids gather to avoid this kind of stuff. I have no idea that they went to Rhino though.

reborn_euro
10-12-2008, 12:06 PM
yea this shit is getting out of hand, i was back in town 2weeks ago, went to a bar with two really pretty girls that are my friends for years and wanted to hang out and apparently, I looked like a "bad ass, thinking im all that", two guys came at me when i was at the bar drinking with the two of them, doing some shots... good thing the bouncer next two us grabbed the two lil yokuza wanabe kids before they ruined a good night out with friends.

msommers
10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
It's kind of ironic but it seems that not being a huge dude is helping me avoid fights hahahaha how weird.

LongCity
10-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by reborn_euro
yea this shit is getting out of hand, i was back in town 2weeks ago, went to a bar with two really pretty girls that are my friends for years and wanted to hang out and apparently, I looked like a "bad ass, thinking im all that", two guys came at me when i was at the bar drinking with the two of them, doing some shots... good thing the bouncer next two us grabbed the two lil yokuza wanabe kids before they ruined a good night out with friends.

So who's gonna ask for pictures of the two girls mentioned?

GQBalla
10-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Fights happen everywhere and its not just asians that do it, sure majority is and I'm asian too but this younger bucks are just y n d wannabe gangsters.

Its just the mind set of some people. Most people I know have grown out of it, some still are in that mindset.

When I go out I don't go in with a mindset of being hardcore or all that. Ask |/|/rx we would go out and have a blast, always have fun. Shit happens and stuff gets settled but we don't bring it upon ourselves

Gforce
10-12-2008, 02:24 PM
This kind of shit always happens at clubs. It's what you get when you put a lot of people in a fairly small space.
It usually starts off with a small nudge on the way going to the bar.
I remember about two weeks ago at road house I barely nudged this on guy who was smaller than I was and he starts rambling off on "don't touch me man don't fucking touch me"
All i wanted was more tequila =( hahaha

ZorroAMG
10-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Carpet bomb all the wannabe gangsters...asians, douchey guido affliction/Ed hardy fags, leb-douches, redneck hockey-mullet assholes...

All of you above:

Die.

zipdoa
10-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Carpet bomb all the wannabe gangsters...asians, douchey guido affliction/Ed hardy fags, leb-douches, redneck hockey-mullet assholes...

All of you above:

Die.

Please add:

douchebags who drive their massive trucks around the backalley parking really fast

the back alley

douche bags who go to the back alley

Seanith
10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Fuck I was actually there last night. I left around 1am so luckily I missed the bullshit shennanigans :facepalm:

zerocon
10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Cowboys last night,

Some guy (in the ridiculously long coat check line) told me "Quit bumping into me man, Ive punched people in the face for less then that", then made some other random threats after that.
The funny thing was there were two girls in between us, and I could not have physically touched the dude.

Guy had a serious case of short mans syndrome.

However one of my biggest pet peeves are people who take hockey team rivalry WAY to far. I saw a near fight over a jersey at cowboys its self, and then a fight on the c-train ride home over hockey....

What a joke...

JordanEG6
10-12-2008, 08:44 PM

All of you above:

Die.

If they die, the nigthclubs would be empty and hundreds of Beyonders users would be gone haha.

l/l/rX
10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Fights happen everywhere and its not just asians that do it, sure majority is and I'm asian too but this younger bucks are just y n d wannabe gangsters.

Its just the mind set of some people. Most people I know have grown out of it, some still are in that mindset.

When I go out I don't go in with a mindset of being hardcore or all that. Ask |/|/rx we would go out and have a blast, always have fun. Shit happens and stuff gets settled but we don't bring it upon ourselves

ionno about you man, but whenever i go out with you, im always pumped to go shit wrecking. when its me n you, people dont look down on us, we look down on them! i pretend that my 2 inch pocket knife that i got from fas gas back in jr high is a machete, while you pretend to carry your swiss army knife.

we thuggin up in huuuuuuuuure!

:D

Toms-SC
10-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

ionno about you man, but whenever i go out with you, im always pumped to go shit wrecking. when its me n you, people dont look down on us, we look down on them! i pretend that my 2 inch pocket knife that i got from fas gas back in jr high is a machete, while you pretend to carry your swiss army knife.

How many of your pals have been shot this year?

Grogador
10-13-2008, 02:06 AM
uhh, threadjack, stabbing death at Cecil

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=19e32796-ca33-481b-98ff-331c7e118d16

Asians or cracked out bums? You decide.

Shunsui
10-13-2008, 05:03 AM
Lol, where is this place, cause I've been asked for directions atleast 5times last week, was thinkin about checking it out..

Anyways, don't really know what's up with the people here, it's like they're trying to prove themselves to everyone, in montreal or toronto where it's a much bigger city. Guys who walk in a club with a bunch of chicks don't get threatened, they get free drinks in hopes of kickin it with the girls. Over here though it's just more serious, with all the mean mugs, and asians who think more dicks=bigger dick than you. But it's whatever don't let these people stop you from having fun, and please guys stop with all this I saw some1 get stabbed or some1 got shot, it's all scary too you yea I know but, it's not something to give too much attention to after it happened, if you were really fed up with it you would've helped the kids instead of run to the exit.

Casa
10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
the back alley, tequila, the roadhouse, and even the Whiskey are prime spots for fights from what I've seen. I don't like clubbing in Calgary because of the risk, i've been jumped before for no reason (i accidentally ran into someone at a crowded club). Clubbing in Calgary is retarded. so many Asian wannabe's and gangsters

dimi
10-13-2008, 09:49 AM
WTF you expect man, its Amsterdam rhino.

eb0i
10-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Fuck knives. I carry a spoon.

http://fasterthantheworld.com/knifey-spoony-6582.jpg

GQBalla
10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

So hood,

badatusrnames
10-13-2008, 10:51 AM
rL9ihXiFAko

l/l/rX
10-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

How many of your pals have been shot this year?

1?

colt22
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
------

JRSC00LUDE
10-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by colt22
Asians in general piss me off.. if their not hardcore knife weilding 'gangsters', their spoiled arrogant over-dressed daddy's car driving students who send out annoying blackboard emails all the time. you really can't win.

No, you can't win. This post is full of lose.

You're ignorant.

ZorroAMG
10-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

If they die, the nigthclubs would be empty and thousands of Beyonders users would be gone haha.

Fixed!

Originally posted by eb0i
Fuck knives. I carry a spoon.

There is NOTHING more hardcore than eye-scooping-out gangstas!!
:rofl: :rofl: ...."Bitch, I'll treat you like D Q.....SOFT SERVE!!"

max_boost
10-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Fucking little faggy asian wannabe gangsters....Another reason why I go to lounges instead of clubs now.

Leave your knives at home you pussies, I dare you.

Yeah lounges for me. Too much shit going on in clubs. I don't even go that often but a fight always breaks out! :thumbsdow:

All of you above:

Die.

lol so true.
:guns:

n1zm0
10-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Asians in general piss me off.. if their not hardcore knife weilding 'gangsters', their spoiled arrogant over-dressed daddy's car driving students who send out annoying blackboard emails all the time. you really can't win.

wow, well first i don't carry a machete in my car and i could've sworn i paid for my own cars/school, i saved $ for 2 years working 2 jobs for something.. just can't get my finger on it..

oh you forgot to add that we stole your dad's job too, damn those Asians and their work ethic..

i agree fuck all the wannabe gangsters basically all that Zorro said, but you're an ignorant piece of shit ..

JfuckinC
10-13-2008, 12:56 PM
fuck that some guy stabbed my friend in the back on saturday night outside of cowboys cause he was shit pumping his friend. fuckin pussies.

badatusrnames
10-13-2008, 01:03 PM
spoiled arrogant over-dressed daddy's car driving students who send out annoying blackboard emails all the time.

Lol at the uptight, overachieving asian super students. They make the rest of us look bad.

black_radiation
10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
I completely quit going to clubs just for this reason. EVERYONE has something to prove nowadays when they go to a club. A few months back I was @ snatch for a friends Bday party, I bumped into a guy and spilled his drink(not on him, just bumped it out of his hand and it hit the floor. NO liquid hit him) I said "I'm really sorry, what are you drinkin? I'll get ya a double" He mumbled some shit and just walked away... 5 minutes later, him and 3 of his Guido friends are standing 3 tables away from me staring @ my buddy and I. now my buddy and I are pretty big guys, and we've also both had our fair share of fights that we've come out on top of, but lately it doesnt seem how good of a fighter you are when the other guys MIGHT be wielding something a little more dangerous than a fist. We ended up just leaving the bar not to start shit but really, could he not have just taken the drink I offered him and ended it at that?

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Wow, looks like size is my advantage here... everytime I bump into someone at the club I just apologize and go on my way, and so does the other guy, no biggie.. I never understood how people get into these situations...
Come to think of it, in like two years of clubbing I've been in one bar fight that I didn't start... well, more like got jumped for no reason

l/l/rX
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM

we just threw an event on saturday at wild ginger, and im the photographer for the night. I took a crowd picture and after taking it, this fairly big white guy comes up to me and just starts flipping balls on me about how i need permission to take his picture n starts pushing me around. this guy was easily 6'0, and im 5'3. hes like yelling in my face telling me to delete it n shit.
i told him "yaaa riiight :rolleyes:" he grabs me n by that time the bouncers were swarming us.

this was a group of white guys and we're asian, we did nothing to provoke any of this except stand around and do our duties for the night. this stuff can swing both ways you tool.

JRSC00LUDE
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
^

So it was you huh?

I warned you son, I am the BOMB in jaggerbomb. The pain in painful. The bad in bad news.

I AM Big Trouble, you're little China.

:whipped:

rage2
10-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I warned you son, I am the BOMB in jaggerbomb. The pain in painful. The bad in bad news.

I AM Big Trouble, you're little China.

:whipped:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1345/n76706570114383169614fd3.jpg
Nuff said.

badatusrnames
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by rage2

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1345/n76706570114383169614fd3.jpg
Nuff said.

Oh my

:rofl:

barmanjay
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM

Nuff said.

I just puked a little in my mouth

Super_Geo
10-13-2008, 02:27 PM
edit: Ah fuck it.

JRSC00LUDE
10-13-2008, 03:16 PM

Nuff said.

Hey, when you're this ugly you gotta be mean. :poosie:

van
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
The only time you're safe at a bar/lounge that Asians frequent to a lot is when you're with l/l/rX! hahahaha. On a more serious note, I've seen some pretty messed up things at the bar/club in my day and all the more reason to stay home and hangout with friends there. I still don't think you should be afraid to go out to one of these places either though. I mean, I know when I go out there never is trouble come to think of it we all just get smashed and dance? haha.