PDA

View Full Version : CelicaST-162 Hits damn big school bus!!

Spenser
09-17-2003, 07:46 PM
ok here's the scoop, poor old CelicaST-162 hit a school bus full of kids yesterday, he T-boned the cheese wagon well it was turning left across his lane. CelicaST-162 car is a write off and he can't believe what happened, luckily, the kids on the bus went round and round oops, I mean they were uninjured. the only injuries were substained by CelicaST-162, and his passenger. They both injured their necks due to the fact that they went from about 60 to 0 in 2 feet, they both were wearing their seat belts.

I just posted this because I think you guys should give him some support, He has no car and he seems really run down, plus people won't stop buggin' him bout' it "you dude, how in the hell did you hit a school bus?"

hope you feel better soon CelicaST-162!!

sandman
09-17-2003, 08:07 PM
shitttttt
thas harsh
hope u feel better man...

Dj_Stylz
09-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Oh damn!!!

roopi
09-17-2003, 08:26 PM
so whos fault was it?

Spenser
09-17-2003, 08:33 PM
you turn left, its your fault, it's universal.

Blue Devil 2
09-17-2003, 08:35 PM
You got to watch out for school busses they have a tendency to blend in...:nut:

rice_eater
09-17-2003, 08:36 PM

lammer
09-17-2003, 08:41 PM
feel bad for him getting hurt..

but luckily he didn't injure any kids. if he did.....man oh man hes in for a day of pain.

88CRX
09-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by lammer
feel bad for him getting hurt..

but luckily he didn't injure any kids. if he did.....man oh man hes in for a day of pain.

i dont think it was his fault.... the buss turned in front of him

lammer
09-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

i dont think it was his fault.... the buss turned in front of him

aww shit i read it wrong then haha sorry.

but how can a bus turn infront of him? unless it was one of those left/straight roads but thats impossible for him tto hit the bus though..

/////AMG
09-17-2003, 08:48 PM
damn sorry to hear, atleast no serious injuries!

88CRX
09-17-2003, 08:49 PM
easy. buss make a left turn off the other side of the road :dunno:

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-17-2003, 09:13 PM
OK! Thats what I though... since the Bus turned into Vichhi's (Celica-GTS62) lane thats Vichhi had the right away... but whenever i talk to him he keeps talking like it was his fault....

its fucked up... shouldnt the bus's insurance pay for his car? Cause the least he should get is his money back for the car...

Ohh yea and ALSO! The cop that came wrote Vichhi a ticket for running a yellow light.... WTF?

Sounds REALLLLLY fucked up to me...

Steve

lammer
09-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Si1ent_A5sa5sin
OK! Thats what I though... since the Bus turned into Vichhi's (Celica-GTS62) lane thats Vichhi had the right away... but whenever i talk to him he keeps talking like it was his fault....

its fucked up... shouldnt the bus's insurance pay for his car? Cause the least he should get is his money back for the car...

Ohh yea and ALSO! The cop that came wrote Vichhi a ticket for running a yellow light.... WTF?

Sounds REALLLLLY fucked up to me...

Steve

how do you turn in to someones lane? can someone draw a picture i don't get it.

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-17-2003, 09:21 PM

how do you turn in to someones lane? can someone draw a picture i don't get it.

lol... fuck.. ok one sec.. i'll draw it on PAINTSHOP lol...

88CRX
09-17-2003, 09:24 PM
:dunno:

lammer
09-17-2003, 09:25 PM
:dunno:

if thats how it is of course its the bus' fault. but why in gods name would the bus do that. is the driver some old foogie?

88CRX
09-17-2003, 09:28 PM

if thats how it is of course its the bus' fault. but why in gods name would the bus do that. is the driver some old foogie?

maybe the car went through a yellow/red light and the buss driver thought he was going to stop for the light?

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-17-2003, 09:35 PM

maybe the car went through a yellow/red light and the buss driver thought he was going to stop for the light?

Thats what i think happened (well... the running the yellow light DID happen...) but ii think the bud driver though Vichhi was gonna stop...

So the bus went... Vichii Slammed on his brakes (which LOCKED!) and he ran into the back wheels (which ran over part of his hood)

Poor fuckin Vichhi...

OWNED
09-17-2003, 10:46 PM
i was the passenger in the celica tat hit the bus, and the driver was a fuckin prick.. we got out of the car and we were btoh fucked.. and this asshole comes up to us, and all he sais is that he wants to c his liscence and registeration.. what an ass...

But this is what i saw happen.. we were drivin west on 19 street NW, and the light turned yellow when we passed the "point of no return" and the bus must have turned right when the light turned yellow. Vicchi (celica...whatever) hit the breaks and tried to swerve, but the car being an 87, it didn't have ABS, and the bus alost hit the breaks witch didn't help, but BANG, we smoked the side of the bus, we hit the fender that covered the propane tank.. ewww.. it was like an inch from hitting it.. anyways.. we were both alright, and i will help him out with ride and everything when i get my truck painted in like a week (witch was the reason i was riding with him). But yah.. this little fuck up messes everything up for the poor guy.. Hang in there pal!

CelicaST-162
09-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all your replies, but ya im fine now so its a matter of just dealing with it....

88CRX
09-17-2003, 10:59 PM
it wasnt your fault right?

3G
09-18-2003, 09:06 AM
maybe the bus was in the intersection and the light turned yelow so baically he had to clear the intersection then Celica was running the yellow light and smoked him :dunno:

rage2
09-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Running yellows are a tough call, even though you're past the point of no return. I believe in these situations, it's both parties at fault, so each party's insurance pays for themselves. Meaning if you got PLPD only, you're not getting money back for the car.

Check with Pointts first, they might be able to help you with it. I believe the way the "fault" is determined is by the tickets that were issued. An accident injury lawyer might be able to help you too, they'll let you know right away if there's a case.

Good luck.

DUBBED
09-18-2003, 09:28 AM
this is one case i would definately take to court if i had to...

the thing is... unles you addmitted fault at the scene you have a pretty good chance of getting off any charges!! as long as you can prove that you were at the point of no return then it shouldnt be a problem... because alberta traffic law states that if you move into an intersection while the light is green and are still in the intersection when it turn yellow/red you can take as long as you damn hell want to, to SAFELY leave the intersection... in which case the driver of the bus did not causing the accident...

know what im sayin?

Spenser
09-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
this is one case i would definately take to court if i had to...

the thing is... unles you addmitted fault at the scene you have a pretty good chance of getting off any charges!! as long as you can prove that you were at the point of no return then it shouldnt be a problem... because alberta traffic law states that if you move into an intersection while the light is green and are still in the intersection when it turn yellow/red you can take as long as you damn hell want to, to SAFELY leave the intersection... in which case the driver of the bus did not causing the accident...

know what im sayin?

Yeah Vichi, Go fight the damn bus driver, sue em' too.

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Spenser

:werd:

lammer
09-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Spenser

how are you suppose to sue?

the bus driver could say he was at the point of no return and he thought you woulda stopped so he went. vice versa.

PGTze
09-18-2003, 11:17 PM
Almost the exact same thing happened to my buddy about a year ago, except he hit a car not a bus.

The cops said he was the one at fault for the accident because he ran a red light. The police explained to my friend that since the light was turning yellow and going to red the driver turning assumed that all oncoming traffic would stop. My buddy did not stop and hit the turning car, so the police claimed my friend was at fault.

It all depends on what the witnesses say man(not you or the bus driver). If they say that you ran a red then your screwed. If they say there was no way that you could have stopped then it would the buses fault.

ryder_23
09-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Did the bus make his turn when his light was still green? cause if celica.. was at the point of no return, and hit the back of the bus, it almost sounds like the bus was trying to beat him in some way, buses arnt that fast, or it was a big intersection :dunno: But sounds like ur not hurt or anything so thats good. having that bus driver come out and say that to me woulda just pissed me right off, but i guess u were possibly hurt etc.. so that was the last thing on your mind. Call pointts and talk to them and see what they can do. Hve the police determined who was at fault etc... did the bus driver get a ticket?

sml
09-19-2003, 03:19 PM

the bus driver could say he was at the point of no return and he thought you woulda stopped so he went. vice versa.

There is NO point of no return when you're stopped and waiting to turn left at the lights... you either kept stopped or mash the gas and go. I don't think the decision is that hard. If I see a car coming head on, I ALWAYS assume that the other driver will run the yellow light cause that's what I'd do. Therefore, I'd always wait till it's ABSOLUTELY sure that he's stopped before I go. I don't even care if it's red on my side already cause I'm like already half way out into the intersection. I'd block traffic IF I didn't go.

NautiuB
09-24-2003, 02:27 AM
chessewagon drivers are so cocky nowadays...
they think they own the road or something...

Luke 96 T/A
09-25-2003, 11:53 PM
ex-gf of mine was at fault when SHE was turning left, and the exact same thing happened..

illeagle
09-29-2003, 08:47 PM
defensive driving, :maybe they should paint the busses yellow so people can see them;)

Khyron
09-29-2003, 10:19 PM
The guy turning left is at fault. Even if Celica boy ran a red, that means the bus driver ran a red too. Just because you're turning left, and "everyone does it" you're still breaking the law.

HOWEVER - The fact that the cop gave you a ticket is bad for your case. Because... assuming you're coming towards the light, the bus driver turns on the yellow right in front of you - you run into the bus - you hit the bus in the REAR which means the slow pathetic bus had enough time to almost complete the turn before you collided. Which means you probably blew into the intersection at the end of the yellow, even possibly right on the red. Assuming bus driver went for the turn as soon as he saw the yellow.

I'm gonna guess that you saw the yellow and gunned it (like a lot of us do) but the bus thought you'd never make it so he turned, you saw the bus turn and slammed on the brakes (but were probably speeding by now). They will measure skid marks etc - do not lie to your lawyer.

Regardless, I hope you have comprehensive.

Khyron

CelicaST-162
09-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the advice Khyron, yeah, i bet if you go take a look, the skid mark wont be long just maybe a couple of meters before the collision point occured......

-APEX-
10-02-2003, 12:16 AM
man celicast had some big plans for that car to thats a shame when did this happen?

OWNED
10-04-2003, 12:39 AM
about a month ago..