PDA

View Full Version : price decal on front window still has an outline?

pprezgot
10-12-2008, 06:13 PM
I bought a new car which had a price decal on the front window. they removed it, but when its cold out, in the morning and there is condensation on the window, you can see the "price numbers" in the water, like the outline of the stickers.

anyway to remove it, or just over time?

TurboD
10-12-2008, 06:30 PM
razor blade, or google how to use steel wool to clean window surfaces.

if it was a vinyl decal that was used you could try "goo gone" or similar glue remover, you could also try rubbing alcohol

Idratherbsidewayz
10-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Acetone(Nail Polish Remover) is readily available and worked wonders for me...

nismodrifter
10-12-2008, 08:20 PM
What kinda car is it?

Leave the sticker on the Bentley to show the price
Arm out the window just to floss my ice...

I'd try razor blade + alcohol/goo gone as a first resort.

Strider
10-13-2008, 01:38 AM
I'd try a good glass cleaner like Stoner's Invisible Glass then goo gone before moving onto the razor blades

onehawtrex
10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
use "Goof off" good stuff there

dj techsta
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by onehawtrex
use "Goof off" good stuff there

don't use goof off, that stuff will eat away at your paint. As recommended before, use "Goo GONE" that'll get rid of most of it, buff it out really well with a chamois, and then finally use a good glass cleaner to remove any excess streaking and residue.

Eleanor
10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
I've always used peanut butter to remove sticker residue :dunno:

Put some on a paper towel and rub it back and forth over the affected area and then rinse. It's how I get residue off anything that had a sticker on it.

analbumcover
10-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
I've always used peanut butter to remove sticker residue :dunno:

Put some on a paper towel and rub it back and forth over the affected area and then rinse. It's how I get residue off anything that had a sticker on it.

edit.. nah...