PDA

View Full Version : Relaxed fitting R&R or Diesel jeans?

Isaiah
10-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm looking to buy a few different brands for a change and most of the R&R's and Diesel jeans I've seen and tried are more fitted. I'm looking for a more relaxed fit than the Zathan or Taylors. Any suggestions?

Paradox
10-12-2008, 10:00 PM
diesel are great but i can never find em!

colinxx235
10-12-2008, 10:02 PM
taylor is the more relaxed fit for rocks... if you have trouble in those I'd suggest trying true religions? or maybe some sevens...

Isaiah
10-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I have True Religions and Sevens already.

Jynx
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Rocks and Diesels are generally more tight fighting... Trues and sevens are more relaxed fit. Good luck

nich148_9
10-12-2008, 11:37 PM
My Floyd-cut Rocks are pretty loose. But I'm a pretty slim guy, so I'd imagine they'd be more tight-fitting on an average-build guy.

Isaiah
10-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Where did you get them? I haven't seen Floyds anywhere.

toyboy88
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
William Rast?

Isaiah
10-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Got em. Billy fit.

herragge
10-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Hudson's. They have an unreal dark wash relaxed fit jean. And if you have ever tried on a pair of hudson's you will be convinced they fit much better than rock's or diesel's.

I used to work at Queue in Edmonton and we sold Rock's, Taverniti, True's, Hudson's, Joe's, Evisu. All I did was try on jeans.

mazdavirgin
10-13-2008, 02:01 AM
:banghead: I can't find jeans that fit me... Neverming fancy brand name jeans :\ No one seems to make 36" inseems.

Casa
10-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin
:banghead: I can't find jeans that fit me... Neverming fancy brand name jeans :\ No one seems to make 36" inseems.

thats my waist. I found Diesels and Rocks seem to fit comfortably.

Isaiah
10-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I think he meant the length. Inseem is from the crotch down to the cuff. he's saying they're not long enough as most jeans come in 34" inseem.

bulaian
10-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin

rocks come in 35"-36' inseams... AFAIK true religions are all 33' inseas

Casa
10-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
I think he meant the length. Inseem is from the crotch down to the cuff. he's saying they're not long enough as most jeans come in 34" inseem.

oh, I thought Rocks came with a 36' inseam?

nich148_9
10-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Where did you get them? I haven't seen Floyds anywhere.

Brooklyn in Kensington has loads right now. Also, keep an eye on the marketplace here.

max_boost
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I usually buy my Rocks online and save 15-25% compared to local prices. Only time I buy locally is when Holt has their private shopping events.

Anyway I need to find a new jean. Quality on the rocks are terrible.

dannie
10-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Why don't you go to Hot Gossip in Market Mall and try a bunch of different brands on? The one that you like, go home and find it online. They carry all sorts of brands of jeans there.

toyboy88
10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

SFAM or COH. :D

Isaiah
10-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Why don't you go to Hot Gossip in Market Mall and try a bunch of different brands on? The one that you like, go home and find it online. They carry all sorts of brands of jeans there.

I did go to Hot Gossip but the loosest Diesels they carry are Zathans. I did pick up a pair of 1921's but I still find them a little constricting. I'm hoping they're better once they wear in.

imjimmylin
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM

+1 All my Rocks have ripped in random places.

Casa
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
my only pair of Rocks is good.

rockwolf2001
10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm looking to buy a few different brands for a change and most of the R&R's and Diesel jeans I've seen and tried are more fitted. I'm looking for a more relaxed fit than the Zathan or Taylors. Any suggestions?

two words: Raw Denim

if you buy raw denim, you can guarantee that you'll get a pair of jeans that will fit to your body

spend a little bit extra and pick up a pair of Evisu jeans
Im glad i did

and as for the quality of R&Rs, i haven't had any problems with mine
i read an article that said that the quality of denim of R&R is softer than brands such as Hudson and Diesel and that if you buy the right size that's not too tight they will be really soft and fit snug to your body
basically R&Rs are supposed to outline the ass very nicely

403ep3
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
The only problem I've had with my R&Rs in my wallet making a hole in the back pocket. I need to fix it up but it's already too late. I've got four and it only ripped up one :thumbsdow

LongCity
10-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

SFAM or COH. :D

Not really much better quality wise here... although being made by the same people, Citizens seem to be of better quality.

Jerms
10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
give taverniti so jeans or nudies a try

Isaiah
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Jerms
give taverniti so jeans or nudies a try

Those are two of the tightest fitting brands of jeans on the market. Quite the opposite of what I'm looking for.

bulaian
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
nudies has fits from super tight to relaxed or loose fitting.

zathans fit pretty tight in the thigh, try a pair of koffas if you can. I think urban or undergound should have them

XylathaneGTR
10-13-2008, 11:52 PM

Those are two of the tightest fitting brands of jeans on the market. Quite the opposite of what I'm looking for.

Nudie does have some pretty looser relaxed fits...although you don't see them that often because everyone wears slimjims or something along those lines.

Give the "Average Joe" a try...they're a little bit more relaxed.
Take a peek on their website and talk to some of their retailers to see what else they have that might be along the lines of what you're looking for.

colinxx235
10-14-2008, 12:02 AM
if you are having so many problems with size maybe you need to cut weight or realize you aren't cut out for designer jeans, because true religions have some styles that are quite wide, if not then yah... diet haha?

as well what type of RnR's are most of you guys buying that are ripping? and is it because you buy super tight jeans or what... I have 4 pairs all Taylor I believe and I haven't had the slightest rip/tear or anything, one jean lost a button off the back pocket because it got ripped out by ctrain seat and urban replaced for free, other then that I love them...

gqmw
10-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Honestly you should just up a size if you're finding that you don't like the fitted bootcut feel,
I'm guessing you want more room around the thighs and perhaps lower leg area?
You're not really going to find rocks that aren't made to be more "fitted"
for the size.
So if you're say a 32, I'd suggest a 33 perhaps if you want a bit looser.

iceburns288
10-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
if you are having so many problems with size maybe you need to cut weight or realize you aren't cut out for designer jeans, because true religions have some styles that are quite wide, if not then yah... diet haha?
Seriously?

Anyway, do y'all have American Eagle in Canada? Their jeans are relatively inexpensive and fit really well. I stopped wearing my Rocks once I got several pairs of AEs. That and the fact someone shrank my R&Rs... all of them. $500 sitting in my closet right now:banghead: . AE has jeans ranging from pretty tight to a much more relaxed and comfortable fit.

colinxx235
10-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Seriously?

Anyway, do y'all have American Eagle in Canada? Their jeans are relatively inexpensive and fit really well. I stopped wearing my Rocks once I got several pairs of AEs. That and the fact someone shrank my R&Rs... all of them. $500 sitting in my closet right now:banghead: . AE has jeans ranging from pretty tight to a much more relaxed and comfortable fit.

Yup... I'm quite serious haha, his whole thread is directed at a purpose of wanting expensive nice jeans, he is size 36 and maybe he's got the build of a football player, maybe just a heavier guy, either way the jeans aren't designed for above average people typically. And if he can't find the few that are then either quit or fix it...

and yes we have american eagle, but I wouldn't really classify them in designer jeans, more a crappy generic brand, could never compare the quality of denim to true's/rocks etc etc... and well thats your fault for washing them... I hardly even let my jeans see the wash, and when they do its inside out, cold water and no drying, or sometimes sink wash with cold water and some special still detergent... they weren't designed to be washed often, ruins everything

max_boost
10-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I have over 20 pairs of Rocks, all floyds and henley's. Most of them are the ones with the 2% lycra. It's a comfortable jean and stretches a bit but it will always rip in the ass area first. Maybe I'm sitting down and getting up too much I don't know. Wear them once a week and it never lasts more than 7-8 months for a pair. Maybe that's the standard life line for the jean? haha

max_boost
10-14-2008, 12:21 AM

I hardly even let my jeans see the wash, and when they do its inside out, cold water and no drying, or sometimes sink wash with cold water and some special still detergent... they weren't designed to be washed often, ruins everything

haha well there must lie the difference. I wash my Rocks after each wear. 12hours in a greasy restaurant and you better wash the jean or else it's going to really stink lol :rofl:

colinxx235
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM

haha well there must lie the difference. I wash my Rocks after each wear. 12hours in a greasy restaurant and you better wash the jean or else it's going to really stink lol :rofl:

haha true, I work at joeys = black dress pants, so typically those jeans don't go into a wash unless I eat shit down a dirt hill, get puke or blood on them... which typically doesn't happen, but yah, I try to wash them around 3-4 months just to generally keep some type of cleanliness, and wash them softly as possible

that way you'd probably get more then 7-8 months out of them haha =)

mazdavirgin
10-14-2008, 12:32 AM

:facepalm: Yes I will try to diet away my 6'3" frame... The problem is the leg length not the waist. My waist is a 34 which is easy to find in the smaller sizes. I wish I was huge and built like a football player but no sadly I look more like a swimmer. High metabolism are a barrel of laughs you can eat whatever and you burn it all off... Thanks to stephen_haxton for suggesting some good place to find jeans :)

gqmw
10-14-2008, 12:47 AM

What a baller haha.
Yeah, it's all wash life haha, I probably just leave mine around and wash it once after 2 or 3 times.

Isaiah
10-14-2008, 01:07 AM

Yup... I'm quite serious haha, his whole thread is directed at a purpose of wanting expensive nice jeans, he is size 36 and maybe he's got the build of a football player, maybe just a heavier guy, either way the jeans aren't designed for above average people typically. And if he can't find the few that are then either quit or fix it...

Easy there, you need to take a step back and check yourself son.

First off, i never said I have a problem with size, I have a problem with fit.

Secondly, I already mentioned that I own several pairs of trues and those aren't the ones with the problem.

Third, who said I'm a size 36, have a football player build or am a heavier guy? I'm 5'11", weigh about 160lbs and have an athletic but trim build. I would say that I'm average in build. I just like a little breathing room in my jeans.

Hooked on phonics worked for a lot of people. Make it work for you.

That.Guy.S30
10-14-2008, 01:38 AM
my rocks rip as well, different cuts and different styles. shitty quality for what u pay for.

if u can find them try AG's, supersofts. they feel like pajamas, great quality. i got mine at henry singers. i find rocks are pretty overplayed anyways.

rockwolf2001
10-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
my rocks rip as well, different cuts and different styles. shitty quality for what u pay for.

if u can find them try AG's, supersofts. they feel like pajamas, great quality. i got mine at henry singers. i find rocks are pretty overplayed anyways.

So often I've heard people bashing R&Rs
its true that they may be a little pricier than they should be, but their denim is strong and good quality, just as long as you don't wash them too often.

the expected care and treatment for all premium denim is to wash inside out, and to wash every 3-4 months
if you find your R&Rs are ripping after 7 months you're either washing too often or buying fakes.
if they smell, just simply febreeze them or put them in the freezer.

i also agree that AG's are very comfortable, but strongly disagree on your statement on R&Rs

yet again, RAW DENIM is the king of comfort

That.Guy.S30
10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
haha why would i not wash my jeans after i wear them? i dont care what ppl say, if u wear it. then its dirty, wash it. i have washed my 7's countless times. just as comfy no rips no tears in YEARS. same with my AG's, Diesels, gstars, etc.
out of all my jeans the ROCKS have ripped first. maybe i am washing it too much, but for what i pay for them they should last longer than a year. maybe they should put a tag on the jeans that say you cant wash more than X times before they rip. lol

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Fuck that, diesels rip like mad, I had a pair of diesels for a year, and the pocket is so frayed, I am 100% certain it's from washing them... Frown too, they were my fav jeans

BananaFob
10-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
haha why would i not wash my jeans after i wear them? i dont care what ppl say, if u wear it. then its dirty, wash it. i have washed my 7's countless times. just as comfy no rips no tears in YEARS. same with my AG's, Diesels, gstars, etc.
out of all my jeans the ROCKS have ripped first. maybe i am washing it too much, but for what i pay for them they should last longer than a year. maybe they should put a tag on the jeans that say you cant wash more than X times before they rip. lol

... It's because Rocks are RAW DENIM as stated numerous times.

LongCity
10-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by BananaFob

I don't know if you're joking but in the case that you aren't, R&R are NOT raw denim. Might wanna check what raw denim is. Pretty sure it's untreated so that means no washes and fades.

LongCity
10-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by rockwolf2001

So often I've heard people bashing R&Rs
its true that they may be a little pricier than they should be, but their denim is strong and good quality, just as long as you don't wash them too often.

the expected care and treatment for all premium denim is to wash inside out, and to wash every 3-4 months
if you find your R&Rs are ripping after 7 months you're either washing too often or buying fakes.
if they smell, just simply febreeze them or put them in the freezer.

i also agree that AG's are very comfortable, but strongly disagree on your statement on R&Rs

yet again, RAW DENIM is the king of comfort

Where did you figure this?! That premium denim is only supposed to be washed every 3-4 months?

That.Guy.S30
10-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by BananaFob

no they are not. they do make them in RAW demin but not ALL rocks are RAW.

the member said that RAW demin is best for comfort. numerous times.

msommers
10-15-2008, 12:53 AM
I picked up some Diesel jeans the other day, I think the sales guy said they were a Larkee. I'm against any tight jeans and these fit pretty comfortably.

gqmw
10-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Take it easy on those rocks boys, wash it after 2-3 wears and that's about perfect.

You don't want to wait 3-4 months....mainly cause it'll be pretty nasty....
Jeans ripping isn't just because of wash, it's a combination between washing
and wearing...if you don't wash your jeans for a long time but you wear them lots
they're still going to rip.

Edit: You don't want to wait 3-4 months before washing if it isn't RAW denim.

gqmw
10-15-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by LongCity

I don't know if you're joking but in the case that you aren't, R&R are NOT raw denim. Might wanna check what raw denim is. Pretty sure it's untreated so that means no washes and fades.

That is correct sir, raw denim is RAW, no wash or fades.
With raw denim....you must wear for a long time and then wash them to get a comfortable feel and sweet fade.

Neil4Speed
10-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Okay, just to clear up some false information on this thread and give the OP some advice

R&R's are not RAW denim - as previously stated by longcity and Gqmw.

R&R's are not really for everyone, they fit many "asian builds" very well, but the "hockey player" build (ie. large glutes, and quads) will need to find a different jean. Me personally, I have tried on almost every single rock and republic cut out there and none of them fit me well.

R&R's are not good quality, I see it all the time, and will not elaborate - take it easy on them, wash inside out cold when necessary, and hang dry. Don't use them to move furniture, play sports, or do anything exceptionally active, they will rip. They are expensive and should last longer, but most of the weights of R&R's are quite light which may be an attributing factor to their poor durability. For the OP, the "baggy" fit of R&Rs are the Floyd

Diesels in my eye are the best jeans out their for any price, great combination of quality and style. They are not a "trend jean" in the way of the guy who buys a pair of Rocks to be recognized for the back pocket. For the original poster, the Larkee (already suggested) would be a good bet, as would the Quaratts. You can find both at Urban, PM me if you need help. I have also found good luck with people trying on the Zatiny which seems to be a universal fit.

I have had quite a few of mine for 3+ years, and have seen numerous people with the same pair lasting for 7+ years, allot of them are really timeless (X-rotucks, old 772's etc).

Tavernitis may also be a good bet, I just got a pair and love them!

rockwolf2001
10-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

R&R's are not really for everyone, they fit many asian builds very well

Tavernitis may also be a good bet, I just got a pair and love them!

i think this is the best stated and most useful comment i've heard yet :thumbsup:
sometimes i forget that the reason my R&Rs don't rip is because I'm a 5"7 asain lol

i dont want to jack the thread, but how does everyone feel about True Religion?
people say that the quality of True Religion is also very poor?

LongCity
10-15-2008, 10:08 AM
TR are better than R&R and that Zatiny fit is just like Zathan but with a smaller opening. He's probably not looking for that since he wants something different from his Zathans. Diesels are the best, you can feel it just by touching them; fabric feels sturdier.

Neil4Speed
10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by rockwolf2001

i think this is the best stated and most useful comment i've heard yet :thumbsup:
sometimes i forget that the reason my R&Rs don't rip is because I'm a 5"7 asain lol

i dont want to jack the thread, but how does everyone feel about True Religion?
people say that the quality of True Religion is also very poor?

Thanks.

True Religion Quality has been quite good from what I have seen, the only time I have seen rips is because of people sticking their toes into the holes near the knee when wearing them and proceeding to rip them all the way down the leg. FYI with TR, remember to size down a fair bit, in the store you want them to be tight as they stretch like Armstrong. A general recommendation is to size down two sizes.

I remember at first I refused to buy TR because of their bastardization of Buddhist religion with the use of the Buddha on their logo. It still somewhat upsets me, but they have grown to be one of my favorite jean brands... Good ol sacrificing moral standards for fashion ha ha.

Originally posted by LongCity
TR are better than R&R and that Zatiny fit is just like Zathan but with a smaller opening. He's probably not looking for that since he wants something different from his Zathans. Diesels are the best, you can feel it just by touching them; fabric feels sturdier.

I agree with your comment, however have seen several people with bigger legs pull off the Zatiny really well! Strange, I know!

rockwolf2001
10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

A general recommendation is to size down two sizes.

haha fuck... anyone want to trade TRs with me? just got these ones as a gift brand new, they're pretty big... size 30

XylathaneGTR
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
I have over 20 pairs of Rocks, all floyds and henley's. Most of them are the ones with the 2% lycra. It's a comfortable jean and stretches a bit but it will always rip in the ass area first. Maybe I'm sitting down and getting up too much I don't know. Wear them once a week and it never lasts more than 7-8 months for a pair. Maybe that's the standard life line for the jean? haha
I've got rocks from 3 years ago (the first ones that came into the province) that, while they do have some light ripping along the fade lines, are still wearable.

I think that's a 'you' problem, Max.

max_boost
10-15-2008, 06:12 PM
^^^

Yeah it's just me :D

Speaking of Rocks, I got some 31's brand new, never worn if anyone is interested. PM me!

stevieo
10-15-2008, 06:20 PM
yeah i agree rocks are kinda thinner than other jeans.
find the disels and trues are thicker.

codo
10-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Shits RAW in here!!