PDA

View Full Version : Counter-strike!!!

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Ok, to all CS players... I just found out that the new 1.6 Patch is out... and that you can only run it off the Steam Program...

Some of you may know that the Steam program has been available for about 2 years now, and during that entire time people could play the 1.6 Beta.

Well now... Steam has taken over... say goodbye to VAC servers... NO MORE!! Steam is the "shizzat" from now on!

So i suggest u all go and DL it right now! A good site i found that isnt that busy is: http://www.3ddownloads.com/Action/Steam/SteamInstall_CS.exe#

Check it out!!! New things include CT Tachtical Sheild.. and well... thats all i know lol!

GO GO GO!
Steve

EstoMax
09-17-2003, 11:17 PM
cs sux. and even more now with steam.

steam = evil

max

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-17-2003, 11:22 PM
Lol.... by looking at your avatar i though u would play CS lol.. but u dont like steam? I didnt like it before.. thats why i uninstalled it and went to normal CS...

But my friend said its improved now.. (dont know how...)

So..im Dl'ing it right now... I hope its good enough to replace the normal CS!!!

Steve

AccordTypeR
09-17-2003, 11:27 PM
lol counter stike is still around i used to play that back in the day opf beta 4 till just beofore it went to reatil. it certainly has gone down the drain. and what the hell is steam??:dunno:

EstoMax
09-17-2003, 11:28 PM
i used to play cs.... LAST year.
i havent played now for about 4 months and i got steam just cause my friend plays it and he wanted me to try it.. when i first went into game i was like wtf why does it look so ugly. ( i have been playing battlefield1942:desert combat mod, which is sweet )
so yeah.. cs is old. ppl still play it i dont understand why they dont move on.

max

403Gemini
09-17-2003, 11:29 PM
id probably say beta 6.0 or 6.6 was best

AccordTypeR
09-17-2003, 11:32 PM
beta 5.2 was sick, but yeah beta 6 was awesome when they brought in all the new guns. i used to have all the custom made one it was sick, its to bad i suck now i would like to play again :(

VWhooligan
09-17-2003, 11:45 PM
you guys are all newschool. i started in beta1. anyone remember the satchels you dropped when you died? you had no idea what weapon someone dropped. it was awesome!

EG STyLeZ
09-17-2003, 11:58 PM
yeah, cs is really old, and a lot of people still play, but that goes for a lot of other games too, like starcraft, etc

RiCE-DaDDy
09-18-2003, 12:14 AM
starcraft?? HAHAH

Da ZZERG!!

nismodrifter
09-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Si1ent_A5sa5sin
Lol.... by looking at your avatar i though u would play CS lol.. but u dont like steam? I didnt like it before.. thats why i uninstalled it and went to normal CS...

But my friend said its improved now.. (dont know how...)

So..im Dl'ing it right now... I hope its good enough to replace the normal CS!!!

Steve

nothings improved

I have been using steam for a few months now and it was the beta version

Now its a final release of 1.6 and there are tons of bugs when using steam...I haven' t even been able to get on to play (get a stupid error msg saying my internet connection is messed)

go to www.steampowered.com and check out the forums, filled with info about bugs etc...

you'll be lucky if you can even get on to play

ryder_23
09-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Yep, 4 years and counting for me. Havnt played for a few months, been waiting for 1.6 to come out. Hopefully they fixed the billion glitchs it had in testing. Anyways, thanks for the link, cant wait to play it.

wanna-be
09-18-2003, 10:01 AM
counterstrike rulz...i've been playing since beta 1. i downloaded 1.6 but havent tried it...yeah steam looks scary and stupid

why we keep playing it...cause its an awesome game. graphics do not always make a game, its the gameplay.

teknical
09-18-2003, 10:08 AM
CS is the shiznit! But I think 1.6 has brought the game downhill. Seeing as you can't shoot through the shield period, it kinda makes the game gay now. But there is supposed to be a patch coming out soon, that will fix alot of the bugs.

benyl
09-18-2003, 10:16 AM
been playing since beta 4, but 1.6 is just more of the same. The new shield is cool, but I think that will get old pretty quick.

Khyron
09-18-2003, 11:07 AM
CS is certainly not dead. There's still over 20 thousand servers running. I'll try out doom3 or whatever when it comes out tho. :)

Khyron

http://www.nexus-point.net/graphics/khyron-logo.jpg

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-18-2003, 12:12 PM
uhh.. ok... im at school right now... i didnt have time to post this morning cause with my 5 minutes before i had to go to school cause I was TRYING to play on Steam...

Well, the name Steam is ok.. but it would be better if it was called "A STEAMING PILE OF SHIT" cause thats basically all it is....

The Cons:
1) The grafics are.... "Improved" hahaha ok... they look like shit
2) Joining a game is hard, and once ur in (from my minimal experience) they all seem to run with very high lag.
3) U need to Download all the maps over again...
4) the Buddy messaging system sucks.. lol... i cant work it

The pros:
1) The guns are a little different... but still awsome
2) It illuminates the items u can buy and darkens then ones u cant.
3) The pictures of the diffrent types of CT's and T's look 100X better.

Basically... i wish it was the same as it used to be... I like it the way it was.... I wish they made all the changes on the normal servers.

Steve

Dj_Stylz
09-18-2003, 07:25 PM
Damn whats your nick name on it?? We should have a beyond party!! haha!!!

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-18-2003, 09:42 PM
haha that would be sweet! We should go to a LAN and play :D

I play at the one in the N.E (On 36St. and Marlborough Drive) Near Tigers... across the street from T & T SuperMarket.

Its great there, theres always people there (And its open 24/7!!!) And the guy who runs it is really cool and charges per minute (he dosnt round off into each new hour like some places)

Anyways, Who else is up for a beyond Counter Strike tournament? lol im DEFINITLY in!!!

Steve

Dj_Stylz
09-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Yea im in
When i got double spare at school i go to Super Moddy Near my school accros the brick its cool there.

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-19-2003, 08:13 AM
haha Cool man, sereously we should make a sign up thread for it... :D

:D

Dj_Stylz
09-19-2003, 03:01 PM
yea

sin
09-19-2003, 06:49 PM
does anyone have a good mirror, that i dont need to "stand in line" for 1.6

EDIT: if anyone wanted to start playing go to this link here (http://www.lan-attack.ch/downloads.php?dlid=97) and its in french just go to downloads on the side and then hopefully you can figure it out, no wating, 300+kb/sec

300rwhp
09-19-2003, 07:05 PM
the real shit is Half_Life death macth

the original badass. the only computer game worth playing........
somuch better thana gay mod :D

Dj_Stylz
09-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by sin
does anyone have a good mirror, that i dont need to "stand in line" for 1.6

EDIT: if anyone wanted to start playing go to this link here (http://www.lan-attack.ch/downloads.php?dlid=97) and its in french just go to downloads on the side and then hopefully you can figure it out, no wating, 300+kb/sec
Hey man i can send it to you add me on msn and ill send it. Not a big file also. my email is [email protected] i can send you steam.:) :thumbsup: