PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop help - Logo

JMaj7
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Request Withdrawn. Please close. My apologies.

Idratherbsidewayz
10-13-2008, 11:05 PM
So you want someone to do all this work quickly and for free so you can sit on your ass?

It would be photoshop help if you already had an exact design in mind and provided high res images from the getgo. I might have even helped you if your only obstacle was a lack of photoshop skillz, but sadly you're just a lazy fuck.

Makes me sick when im stuck in a group with freeloaders like you. :banghead:

ZorroAMG
10-13-2008, 11:24 PM
LOL....Do your own homework, Jimmy. I'll call your mother!

badatusrnames
10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Weak dude. If you don't have PS or skills with another graphics program - fair enough. But at least do the work to sketch something up yourself.

MoneyPit
10-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Deliver me $ and I'll do it and burn it on a CD.

greigsart
10-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Thank you for using my artwork for your project, while I am always happy to help students it concerns me that you didn't feel the need to ask permission before lifting my work. Whenever you use a living artist's intellectual property you should always gain permission. Remember, you wouldn't enjoy someone using your ideas without telling you. On another note, I would love to see what you come up with. Good luck with the project, Greig Leach

urban.one
10-14-2008, 08:59 AM
what course is this?

your prof may google "blue cheese" blueray dvd rental.

Originally posted by JMaj7
Hey!

I'm doing a project for my marketing class and I am hoping someone can help me create a very simple logo for the product/company we are promoting. The company is called "Blue Cheese" and it involves the delivery of food and Blue Ray DVD rentals. Can someone please help me create a logo. Maybe a spin on the Blue Ray logo and this painting.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Still%20Lifes%20and%20Food/53556-4-0-7218/Painting/Still%20Life.html

Thanks in advance.

(Oh yeah one more thing, the sooner the better. I'm kinda doing the last minute finishing touches.)

analbumcover
10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Since no one else would help...

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/362/cheatox6.jpg

em2ab
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM
What's a Raseberry?

n1zm0
10-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by urban.one
what course is this?
your prof may google "blue cheese" blueray dvd rental.

ya and (s)he'll come up with that picture ^ :rofl:

Originally posted by greigsart
Thank you for using my artwork for your project, while I am always happy to help students it concerns me that you didn't feel the need to ask permission before lifting my work.

so OP, do know your school's position on image plagiarism? I've always thought academic dishonesty was grounds for dismissal in any post secondary (i assume that's where this course is)

you're taking marketing, shouldn't you be the one responsible for a catchy/attention getting logo to sell your product? i thought that's what a marketer does?

didn't you do any school projects in k-9/JH/HS?

LadyLuck
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
so OP, do know your school's position on image plagiarism?

IF he goes to SAIT, there was a Plagiarism awareness class a couple of weeks ago, which im pretty sure the OP failed to attend.

ZorroAMG
10-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you for using my artwork for your project, while I am always happy to help students it concerns me that you didn't feel the need to ask permission before lifting my work. Whenever you use a living artist's intellectual property you should always gain permission. Remember, you wouldn't enjoy someone using your ideas without telling you. On another note, I would love to see what you come up with. Good luck with the project, Greig Leach

Did he actually use your image yet? I think he wanted the painting as inspiration...not necessarily to use your image...

You have a valid point though!

OP: :facepalm:

Canmorite
10-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh this thread just got interesting. OP @ MRC?

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
ooooo this is gonna get good...haha...

in*10*se
10-14-2008, 12:11 PM

zing....

how'd he find out about this thread.... damn...

Kloubek
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm impressed greigsart found out about this actually!

I know there are programs one can use to scan the net for copywrited material.

In the OP's defense though, one should mention that just because he asked for a "spin" on the painting, doesn't mean he is asking someone to directly rip OFF the painting.

I am sure greigsart will agree he does not hold the intellectual rights of the concept of putting blueberries on cheesecake....

urban.one
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
the OP linked to the website in his post. greigsart can then see where the hits to his page are being refered from. no?

BlackArcher101
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
the OP linked to the website in his post. greigsart can then see where the hits to his page are being refered from. no?

yes

Heff
10-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a poor foundation for a logo anyway.

2 pieces of questionable I.P. molded into a not very original logo.

JMaj7
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Ok OK Ok. I really wasn't trying to freeload. I tried to make a logo a few times and failed miserably. I googled images for cheese and couldn't find anything that really looked blue-ish or cheese-ish. I never intended to come across as lazy and as far as plagiarism is concerned, my intention was not to use that image (see avoiding to do so resulted in my failure in creating a logo) "as is" at all.

It gets worse. I tried to sketch something out and had a pretty good concept but it ended up looking like a generic version of the idea I suggested anyways. The logo is only for cosmetic value so I didn't think it would be a huge deal to have someone make a shitty logo with a block of cheese and some letters.

Also, I don't have a copy of PS and that is because I never knew how to use it. I tried to do it on a friends computer, but it ended up taking too much time with little or no results.

I didn't want to leave too specific of instructions just because I was asking for a favour. I figured if someone was nice enough to help out, maybe I should let them do it up their own way according to how much time they could put into it.

My apologies for not being as clear as I could have been. I am pretty aware of how this could have been misinterpreted for a free-ride or as attempted plagiarism but my intention was to simply have someone help me create a logo with a couple of letters and a piece of cheese. I withdraw my request for help and I will make sure I am more careful next time.

analbumcover
10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
So what am I? Chopped Liver?

ZorroAMG
10-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah??? Anal Bum's drawing was supple!

Use it!!