PDA

View Full Version : Used RV Tires

bearshadow
10-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi, Everyone;

I just bought an '86 Vanguard class 'C' motor home/RV. Its 27 ft. long on a Ford Econoline 350 chassis with a full towing pkg. GVWR, I believe is around 11,00 lbs. Tires are original (64,300 kms), but need to be replaced due to cracked sidewalls.

Tires are "LT9.5R16.5". all terrain type.

Does anyone know where I could buy some tires (preferably used) of this size and type, and have them installed and balanced here in Calgary. Will probably require a front-end alignment as well.

Will also need a shop with bays and lifts large enough to accomodate a large RV.

If anyone has any ideas or information that might help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks Guys, 'bearshadow". :thumbsup:

tirebob
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
This size is pretty much dead these days. Very few companies still do them. Too many accidents over the years with people mounting 16 inch tires on 16.5 inch rims and vice-versa. I can order the tires but you will probably find it expensive if you are looking in the bracket of used. You might want toi consider hunting down used 16 inch rims and tires from an auto wrecker and properly update the size...