PDA

View Full Version : what is up with sait?

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:02 AM
so all the sait websites seem to be down and a friend of a friend claims there is no school tomorrow?

anyone know anything about any of this?

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 12:03 AM
On the 11pm news they reported a campus wide power outage....

Something about transformers exploding (and NO not the Optimus kind)...The transformers according to the news were not on campus...and ENMAX is working on the problem to have it resolved overnight...

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
No school what???

Oh please!

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
hmmm i wonder if they will get it done in time for school. no power will make my classes pointless tomorrow. eng class i need computers, and the rest are in the basement in heart haha, kinda dark down there with no lights!

Joe-G
10-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I was attending an event in the main building i think? (Our church rented out the entire gym and lounge for a some sports activities) and the power suddenly went out. Some pretty scary stuff ahaha it was pitch black in the hallways.

Gibson
10-14-2008, 12:16 AM
lol wut?

It would suck if I went to school at 8AM only to find out that we didn't have class.

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Gibson
lol wut?

It would suck if I went to school at 8AM only to find out that we didn't have class.

im thinking the same thing haha... but at least i start at 9!

please post in here if you get there and there is no class! haha... will save me a long drive

Grogador
10-14-2008, 12:20 AM
You'd think a "technical college" would have the foresight to at least host their DNS offsite, so they could get some information out to their students. Typical SAIT "management" ...

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 12:21 AM
OR...you guys could just do your normal routines in the am...your breakfasts, and whatever else you might do...and then log onto the S.A.I.T. site..if it's down..go back to bed...if not...off to class??:dunno:

And you peeps are Post Sec??:confused:

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:21 AM
why not just try to access your mysait tomorrow morning and if its not working, then you can assume powers out

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:22 AM
damn arif.... seconds!!

Gibson
10-14-2008, 12:23 AM
and not go? I'm sure the instructors should be able to figure out something to do even with the power off....right?

Also, according to the news it could take as long as 3 days.

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:23 AM
not for us lol we cant be expected to work on people cars with no lights

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

not for us lol we cant be expected to work on people cars with no lights

or God forbid....hand tools...:eek:

hahaha...

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

or God forbid....hand tools...:eek:

hahaha...

I was going for the not being about to see rather then the laziness, but now that you mention it.... no wai

Cooked Rice
10-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm at the aero centre at the airport, so it looks like i still got class :(

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
just because the site is still down though does not mean the power is for sure 100% still out, does it?

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
so why dont you just go then lol dont be lazy ahah

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

just because the site is still down though does not mean the power is for sure 100% still out, doesnt it?

Again, and don't quote me on this...I mean I only have a Bachelor's from the U of C....

BUT...I would think getting the site would be a priority for them. As I am sure many peeps saw the news and are wondering exactly what you all are wondering. So for them getting the sites back up with updated and current information on the outage is probably top of the list no??

But again...I mean that is all just pure speculation on my part...but makes good sense to me...

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:35 AM
so why dont you just go then lol dont be lazy ahah

well if a nice person that has to be there at 8 can tell me that the power is still out then i do not have to drive for 1.5 hours in the am?

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:37 AM
EK if I may interject and say:

No, you are wrong. No wai

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:37 AM
well EK, lets say these techs get into work at say 8 am... even if it takes them 15 min to get the site back up i am already out the door for class

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 12:38 AM

EK if I may interject and say:

No, you are wrong. No wai

Please, call me Arif. And yes you can always interject...I don't think I am wrong at all...no "wai"

well EK, lets say these techs get into work at say 8 am... even if it takes them 15 min to get the site back up i am already out the door for class

YOU can call me EK...and sure let's go with your line of thinking here...

You think with the events of tonight, that you wouldn't be given a grace day in terms of being late, writing a test?? I can see that if you needed to e-mail a paper or assignment in, that's all on you. But showing up for class when not sure there is even class, due to an act beyond anyone's control??

I am sorry, but I thought Hitler was dead and NOT instructing at S.A.I.T.

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:38 AM
wake up, call the office, problem solved

Arif, pah-lease explain

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:42 AM
phone? what is that? ;)

do you have the number? i dont have a phone book... and the website is down!!! ahhh end of the world!

but on a serious note, how many calls do you think they will be getting?

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 12:44 AM

So, now don't you think getting the site up ASAP is imperative to them??

Even if it's at 8am??...and you don't think you would be given grace seeing as how however many number of students are trying to do what you are and drowning S.A.I.T. with calls??

Or I don't know if S.A.I.T. does this...but e-mails to instructors?? I am sure they have been notified of any updates, or just information with which to pass along to students...

Like seriously...you just argue to argue, cause you like hearing the sound of...err reading your letters on a screen??

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:44 AM
phone? what is that? ;)

do you have the number? i dont have a phone book... and the website is down!!! ahhh end of the world!

I am not going to whitepage it for you lol, lazy ass monger ahahah

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:45 AM

how however many number of students are trying to do what you are and drowning S.A.I.T. with calls??

he could call his prof ya know pfftt

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:46 AM

YOU can call me EK...and sure let's go with your line of thinking here...

You think with the events of tonight, that you wouldn't be given a grace day in terms of being late, writing a test?? I can see that if you needed to e-mail a paper or assignment in, that's all on you. But showing up for class when not sure there is even class, due to an act beyond anyone's control??

I am sorry, but I thought Hitler was dead and NOT instructing at S.A.I.T.

well i guess you have not met my instructors then... they even do attendance!! what the hell is that about! i could swear i stepped back 10 years and i am back in junior high at this place

im just glad i have nothing due tomorrow

inline6turbo
10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Sait email is down arif, we can't email them :(
Best to do would be to check mysait.ca in the morning, if it's still down maybe call your teacher, and if it's up see what the news is.

This is rather simple IMO

ercchry
10-14-2008, 12:49 AM

Or I don't know if S.A.I.T. does this...but e-mails to instructors?? I am sure they have been notified of any updates, or just information with which to pass along to students...

Like seriously...you just argue to argue, cause you like hearing the sound of...err reading your letters on a screen??

haha at this point i am just bored as im sure you are too

but one last one okay? i promise

if all sait servers are down... email is down too :D

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 12:51 AM

haha at this point i am just bored as im sure you are too

but one last one okay? i promise

if all sait servers are down... email is down too :D

It's not down...the e-mails will sit in queue until the servers go back up...OR your gmail, shaw, telusplanet, hotmail, excite, isp addy mail keep attempting and give up...But I seriously down the latter will happen...

JfuckinC
10-14-2008, 12:57 AM
add eachother to msn and have a group chat already haha.
i wouldnt go. but thats me, i didnt go to class on normal days. any excuuse is an excuse when it comes to school. lol if this was work it would be a different story.

Grogador
10-14-2008, 05:15 AM
External sites are back up, mysait appears still down...

Gibson
10-14-2008, 06:05 AM
So...are we good to go or not?

I'll listen to the radio until I have to leave in hopes of catching something, but I can't find it any where on t3h internetz!!!

EDIT: Nevermind.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/October2008/14/c5651.html

schocker
10-14-2008, 07:41 AM
yay, the website is still up and down intermittently. I parked there before i came to work this morning and it looked fairly busy with kids going to class and such, but who knows maybe my teacher wont show this afternoon:burnout:

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Was listening to Vibe this morning. Classes are still a go. Mysait seems to be down. Can't seem to access my school email either. :dunno:

I don't actually go to sait anymore, but up until yesterday, it was still working fine bahaha.

Can anyone else access their email?

schocker
10-14-2008, 08:16 AM
mysait doesent work and neither does the direct webmail address.