PDA

View Full Version : Steak House

junpower
10-14-2008, 04:38 AM
I am thinking of opening up a steak house in the bay area somewhere in the future.
Who wouldnt enjoy a 3 week aged rib eye steak bone in!
I just have a fetish for steak houses like mortons - ruth chris - harris in SF and others. But most steak houses are traditional with a classic/vintage setting. I would love to create different flavors in the steaks ranging from korean/thai/indian/middle eastern flavors I have grown up with here in California.

Imagine 3 week aged rib eye dry straight or rubbed with a blend of mustard,tyme,alot of freshly ground black pepper,papparika and seared and broiled to perfection.
Or
A white curry rub with papparika,onion and white pepper dry rub.
Or
marinated in white wine with 7up soy sauce black pepper garlic and challots over night.
Or straight with no seasonings

Of coruse there would be sides as well ranging from RICE!! They never serve this in a steak house and being asian, I need rice.

Dreams.... I can't wait

msommers
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Best of luck to your new business!...But I have to ask, why are you telling us this, a group primarily from Calgary, Alberta, CANADA?

As an aside, while the marinades and rubs can add a lot of flavour, nothing will replace the taste of a great cut of meat!

EK 2.0
10-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by msommers

But I have to ask, why are you telling us this, a group primarily from Calgary, Alberta, CANADA?

Cause he wants to set up an trade to get him some AB Beef...haha....

picmerollin
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
reading your description made my stomach do a backflip!!!!

in all of my adventures both enjoying fine dining and grilling up some fine cuts of meat myself i have found 1 thing that makes a great steak (or any other grilled meat) perfect.

charcoal!!!!!

you obviously know whats up in the pre-grilling stage with your aging and rub ideas.

I use an old school weber at home and love it, it takes more time and requires more clean up and TLC but when it is a labor of love it is all worth it.

good luck with your endeavors.....mmmmmm steak!!!!

Will@STRD
10-20-2008, 12:29 AM
for the time being if u are dining out at Moxie's you can get white rice with your steak I always order the Honey Garlic Glazed Steak with double rice haha but rememeber their rare = medium rare already

TomcoPDR
10-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Good luck with restaurant, keep us updated.