PDA

View Full Version : 750hp Corvette Z06 engine now on sale

jebbinksky
10-15-2008, 07:54 AM
http://www.motorauthority.com/katech-matches-zr1-performance-with-air-attack-ls7.html

$37K is a bit steep..but still this is an amazing engine.

Freebs
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
That is pretty expensive... I dont see any warenty on it either (could be and I just cant see it)

My old mans Lingenfelter 800hp Twin turbo Kit wasnt all that much more and it has a 3 year warenty on the engine. I would much rather that.
But that being said... this much power of either set up on these cars is absolutly insain. it is vertualy imposible to hook up in any gear. I was still roasting, not just a light chirp of the tires, but a full out smoke show at 200km/hr.

2EFNFAST
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd rather have my built SBF - 620RWhp for $17kish.........I can live w/o that extra 30hp, lol.

Freebs
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
I'd rather have my built SBF - 620RWhp for $17kish.........I can live w/o that extra 30hp, lol.

:P 30hp? The vette was 710rwhp @10psi so an extra 90hp :P which is a lot for a 3200lbs car. And the engine has the same build that Lingenfelter did to their 1200hp C6 Z06 meaning it to can hold 1000+hp all that needs to be changed is the injectors and the tune obviously

But that being said without better tires, I can imagine 620whp is still most of the time not usable. As i added to my above post, with our Vette you still cannot hook up at full throttle @200km/hr (124mph) and even when It was pushed to 300km/hr (186mph) It was still pulling pretty damn hard (not sure what the new top speed is)

;) and not only can it go fast but gets 28-30mpg on the high way :P

*above was done on a closed course in California last summer*

GQBalla
10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Freebs

:P 30hp? The vette was 710rwhp so an extra 90hp :P which is a lot for a 3200lbs car

But that being said without better tires, I can imagine 620whp is still most of the time not usable. As i added to my above post, with our Vette you still cannot hook up at full throttle @200km/hr (124mph) and even when It was pushed to 300km/hr (186mph) It was still pulling pretty damn hard (not sure what the new top speed is)

*above was done on a close course in California last summer*

Sure it was freeborn I know ur crazy family ethics

4DoorGTZ
10-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I'd throw that in my car if:

1. I won some money
2. Had a rear end that could handle it
3. Didnt want to make 1000hp with a TT setup on the same block/internals instead of the S/C

2EFNFAST
10-15-2008, 06:35 PM

:P 30hp? The vette was 710rwhp @10psi so an extra 90hp :P which is a lot for a 3200lbs car. And the engine has the same build that Lingenfelter did to their 1200hp C6 Z06 meaning it to can hold 1000+hp all that needs to be changed is the injectors and the tune obviously

;) and not only can it go fast but gets 28-30mpg on the high way :P

*above was done on a closed course in California last summer*

I was making reference to the original post (750hp for 37k)

However, your C6Z is a fat little piggie - my cobra only weighs ~1,900lbs when finished, probably around the 1,550lb mark right now ..... so that's a current power to weigh of like 2.25, fed through 'awesome' Sumitomo HTR-Zs (sic)
*oink oink*

Btw, I can get like 4mpg, maybe even 7mpg if I baby it :clap:

Freebs
10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

I was making reference to the original post (750hp for 37k)

However, your C6Z is a fat little piggie - my cobra only weighs ~1,900lbs when finished, probably around the 1,550lb mark right now ..... so that's a current power to weigh of like 2.25, fed through 'awesome' Sumitomo HTR-Zs (sic)
*oink oink*

Btw, I can get like 4mpg, maybe even 7mpg if I baby it :clap:

lol ahh i see

LancerShelby
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
That is pretty expensive... I dont see any warenty on it either (could be and I just cant see it)

My old mans Lingenfelter 800hp Twin turbo Kit wasnt all that much more and it has a 3 year warenty on the engine. I would much rather that.
But that being said... this much power of either set up on these cars is absolutly insain. it is vertualy imposible to hook up in any gear. I was still roasting, not just a light chirp of the tires, but a full out smoke show at 200km/hr.
So is that the one that I heard blew the motor?

Freebs
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby

So is that the one that I heard blew the motor?

Yea that would be it ahah... well were not sure if the motor is blown... it’s at davenport being checked out. GM said it was just the oil pump but Lingenfelter wanted a Shop that new the set up more than a GM dealership to look at it, rather than us send it down to them. But my dad drives the shit out of it and never lets it warm up. Literally he will start it and pin it 2 min later which I tell him isn’t the best for it but he says once there is oil pressure its fine.. I never go hard on my car or bike till it’s fully warmed up.
But that’s what I mean by the warranty is worth a fair bit on any high performance engine. Any time you modify an engine to this extreme may it be the Katec set up or whatever it’s going to eventually have its problems.

where did you find out about it being blown?

LancerShelby
10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
A friend thought he saw it in traffic being delivered to somewhere close to that shop. He said it was a darker blue.
At least you know how to treat a built car;)

Freebs
10-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
A friend thought he saw it in traffic being delivered to somewhere close to that shop. He said it was a darker blue.
At least you know how to treat a built car;)

ahah did he see it on Country hills? I was driving behind it in the Trans am.. And I saw a guy in a green cavalier just looking back and forth at it when we were stopped at a light...
Yea but then with my cars it cost me an arm to fix if it breaks... whereas it’s a bit different with my old man.. I wish I had the money he has to spend on cars. I mean I rip in the vette pretty hard but nowhere near how he does... mainly because it scares the shit out of me

2EFNFAST
10-15-2008, 11:07 PM

Yea but then with my cars it cost me an arm to fix if it breaks... whereas it’s a bit different with my old man.. I wish I had the money he has to spend on cars.e

*whistles innocently*

http://www.constructioncomplete.com/cc/images/items/b_DiamondConcreteChainSawsDiamondChainSawsGasPowered-PartnerHusqvarnaK950DiamondChainsaw.jpg

+

(
http://newsblab.com/blabbingmikesblog/nfblog/wp-content/uploads/pickel_1.jpg

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Hydrochloric_acid_05.jpg

)
=

http://media.canadianfamily.ca/images/CFMay14will_main.jpg

:)

Eleanor
10-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 4DoorGTZ
Had a rear end that could handle it
That's what she said :rofl:

Moe Man
10-16-2008, 10:35 AM

its warranty.....for next time